( search forums )
System Shock 2 Interface (registered, version 1.2)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 7:11 pm
My first "real" registered interface. It's based off of System Shock 2's HUD.

I can't get you an in-game screenshot since I'm not registered.

Version 1
Click here to view Version 1

Version 1.1
Click here to view Version 1.1

In-Game Screenshot of Version 1.1 - Thanks go to Reckon for the screenshot
[IMAGE]

Version 1.2 Beta Release
[IMAGE]

Recent Changes for version 1.2 (Beta Release):Incorporated both of the previous optional fixes, the Yellow Cluster Grenades and the Smooth Fire Bar.
Hopefully, aligned the ammo text so that it displays properly for registered users in-game.
Download: Version 1.1 - [url="http://www.turrino.it/public/System%20Shock%202.2.zip">Version 1.2 Beta Release

Let me know what you guys think.

Optional Files: The following have been added into version 1.2 of the System Shock 2 Interface. They are here only if you choose to use an older version and want to mix and match certain pieces.

Yellow Cluster GrenadesIf you're having trouble determining the difference between your grenades, you may download this image into your System Shock 2 Interface folder and it will make your cluster grenades a shade of yellow.

Download the Yellow Cluster Grenade here.
Smooth Fire BarAt papasurf's request, here is a much smoother fire-bar for use with the System Shock 2 Interface.

Download the Smooth Fire-Bar here.

MercyM
March 6, 2005, 7:24 pm
Whoa :O I love this... *drool*

zoldat
March 6, 2005, 7:25 pm
Husha ya DL please

MercyM
March 6, 2005, 7:32 pm
Yeah, all the registered people wants to d/l

Michal
March 6, 2005, 8:05 pm
Wow this looks really freakin nice :D
good shiny effects, I really like the look of the area where the nades go.
The style is very accurate to the real ss interface.
My only suggestions would be to add black icons to the rest of the bars.
And maybe split the interface into 2 chunks.

_Mancer_
March 6, 2005, 8:26 pm
:O!!!!!!!

Melba
March 6, 2005, 10:29 pm
this interface is great.

only downside with it is that it covers a bit of the chat line :\

Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 10:39 pm
Get a screenshot of that, Melba, and I'll see what I can do.

Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 10:39 pm
Looks nice, but it's hard to picture someone like you not being registered.

Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 10:44 pm
Pay the $9, and then I will be. =]

KeyesBlob
March 6, 2005, 11:06 pm
I wish I were registered, it sucks being confined in such small boxes while making interfaces.

papasurf31
March 7, 2005, 12:18 am
Very nice, really feels SS-ish. My only minor complaints are:
-that the shading on the reload bar be slightly smoother, like the rest of the bars
-The icons for each bar be seperate so that they don't disappear when the bar scrolls
-The icons for cluster nades and normal nades ar the same, so it's hard to tell which kind you have.
-Your ammo text, although lined up in the Interface maker, is actually off target in the real game. I can't blame you, this being your first interface and all, but you should realize that the position of any large text in the interface maker differs from the in game postion.

I'm really nitpicking here, beacuse it still looks very nice.

Deleted User
March 7, 2005, 12:40 am
I can't test the interface in-game, papasurf, since I'm not registered. What do you mean that the text is off? In what way, how many pixels.. can you get me a screenshot?

The icons for the cluster-grenades are slightly brighter. I'll release a little patch to fix that, as soon as you tell me what you mean by making the icons seperate for each bar? I couldn't find a way to place anything "over" the bars, and I didn't want to edit the System Shock 2 interface too much.. but I digress.

Give me a screenshot of that off-centered text, a bit more elaboration on the whole seperate icon thing, and I'll see what I can do about the cluster grenades.

Edit: Fire-bar and Cluster-grenade posted.

Maxx
March 7, 2005, 12:58 am
Finally, another registered interface!
Thank you.

This interface is very nice, but I might keep to either the prozor or ion ones.

Great job.
=D

papasurf31
March 7, 2005, 1:26 am
Each icon, like the cross representing health and stuff. When the Bar scrolls over, tha icon dissappears. Instead, mak it part of your background and have the rest of the bar be the part that scrolls. Like this:
|:..._...:|..................................|
|._|..|_.|_________________|
||_...._||..................................|
|...|_|...|..................................|
^Part of background....^Actual Bar

As for the text thing, the text in game is slightly larger, and is 2 pixels up, and 3 to the left of the way it appears in the interface maker.

SPARTAN_III
March 7, 2005, 1:44 am
one word: 1337, truly worthy of the title 1337. i wish i were registered

Deleted User
March 7, 2005, 2:36 am
I'll work on making the bar icons into part of the background, though it may just be the black icon in the background of the bar, so that when its empty, you can still see the icon. You can expect that in the full release of version 1.2

I don't know about making the portion of the bar with the icon into part of the background - that'd look confusing and odd, so I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Is the ammo text fixed in game now? If not, then I may have to nudge it around a bit more. One of you registered guys needs to tell me whether its sitting right again.

Also, would one of you be so kind as to get me an in-game screenshot for me to put up here? I think that would help "sell the mod", so to speak.

reckon
March 7, 2005, 8:05 pm
[IMAGE]
Thats the version 1.1
Looks good to me, but Id like something smaller and is there any way to make it have some transparancy?
Id like to be able to view the partial corner of the screen as much as possible.

BManx2000
March 7, 2005, 9:34 pm
You could just open it up in the interface editor and edit the alpha value yourself.

Deleted User
March 8, 2005, 1:17 am
Thanks for the screenshot, reckon. It helps a bunch.

I may make a second type with a split version of the interface on both sides of the screen, to help clear up the amount of the view lost.

MercyM
March 8, 2005, 5:25 am
I like the newest one. But what did you change?

Deleted User
March 8, 2005, 5:28 am
There is a list of recent changes in the first post, MercyM. Version 1.2 includes the yellow cluster grenades and the smooth fire bar. Also, the text (should) now be centered properly for registered users.

xxkelbaxx
March 15, 2005, 3:17 am
You should have made it Shodan like

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 3:26 am
Not bad at all. The only thing I can see "missing" is a Lemonade stand and a bartender ... oh wait ... *sigh*

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 7:52 pm
wo0t ! Awasome ! :D

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 8:22 pm
looks really nice, lapis..

Ripper.
May 5, 2005, 9:44 pm
cooool.. :o

damnnation
May 6, 2005, 10:20 am
if i was reged this would be my interface for ever, i love the way it looks

Nos-D
May 6, 2005, 12:33 pm
Wuhhaaa, crap this one is hoooly.
good textures, good edges, good gosteks holy cow.
great one (Just don`t like the inter face i like it more when it`s in a line for example:
-----Health----- -----Ammo----- -----Jet Pack----- )
Got it?

damnnation
May 6, 2005, 12:54 pm
eehh what are you talking about then ? this is a topic ABOUT THE INTERFACE not about the gostek and stuff...

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 1:08 pm
Yeah, only the interface is my work. I did not make the gostek.