( search forums )
Grenade toggle
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
March 6, 2005, 9:12 pm
I hate how cluster nades automaticaly replace your normal nades because clusters are sometimes not as effective as normal nades in certain situations.

When you pick up a cluster nade box, you should be able to choose which type of nade you want to be using at the touch of a button. Let's say you want to flush out an opponent, press it to switch to your cluster nades and lob 'em over. Or if you want to smack somone dead in the face with an exploding death ball, press it again and switch back.

Or just have 2 seperate buttons for throwing nades, one for cluster
and one for normal.

Taxista
March 7, 2005, 5:04 pm
if u dont want clusters dont get them. :P

MercyM
March 7, 2005, 5:23 pm
I actually like this, the button should be "g" like "grenade".

Deleted User
March 7, 2005, 5:28 pm
that idea sound good, but not required. Soldat could have some button to swich between nades...2 separeted buttons doesnt sound so good as 1 button
and yeah g could be the button, but ofcource it could be changed.

Deleted User
March 7, 2005, 7:56 pm
oh and i thought all the time u "drop" them because they are to heavy to carry them all... ;)

but i think the idea is cool...

Alamo
March 7, 2005, 8:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by silentparkoh and i thought all the time u "drop" them because they are to heavy to carry them all... ;)

but i think the idea is cool...

I think the 'dropping' is ok. Why add another button for something useless like that? Just don't pick em up if you don't like them.

papasurf31
March 7, 2005, 9:32 pm
The point is that it would allow players to save them if he (undoubtedly) wants to use them later. It's more empowering to the player if he has a choice which kind of nade to use depending on the situation.

Captain Ben
March 7, 2005, 9:48 pm
this isn't cs or wolfenstein where you can keep rocket launchers in your pocket...
as said above, just don't pick them up.

SPARTAN_III
March 8, 2005, 6:54 am
i agree with PS

mir0k
March 10, 2005, 1:31 pm
i think u must just learn to DO not take em... simple... isnt it?

Futile
March 10, 2005, 4:03 pm
Being able to carry both kind of nade would mean that you can take up to eight nades in to battle - five normal and three clusters.

Nade-spamming is a PIA, so lets not, shall we?

(in other words; I dont like this idea.)

Wopkeuh
March 10, 2005, 4:04 pm
Leave the nades as they are....

Wopkeuh
March 10, 2005, 4:10 pm
Leave the nades as they are....

Magniitude
March 10, 2005, 8:56 pm
no need to double post..

I agree with papasurf. Its just so much more convenient to be able to switch nades instead of having them as a replacement. Its like the weapons, primary and secondary. Nades, primary and secondary. Say if you were playing in a small match , then the single nades would come in handy more because they do more damage and they have a few seconds before they explode (or on contact.) Clusters would just kinda explode on the spot, so it wont be as helpful if you need it to just get one guy.

Famine
March 11, 2005, 3:03 am
quote:i think u must just learn to DO not take em... simple... isnt it?

I think you need to learn english.

I like this idea.

zyxstand
March 11, 2005, 3:19 am
uh, right... i dunno how to use that quote thing but i think i konw where our littl friend got the nade toggle idea from...

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 : 03:11:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, to prevent nade spamming like that the fire should only last for a relatifvely short time and since you can easily extignuish that fire by rolling it won't be that annoying.

HOWEVER another method would be to have that weapon that exists in Grand Theft Auto (3 i think) where you thorw that bottle and it causes a mild explosion and covers the whole floor with fire. and also, it would be much appreciated, i'm sure, if you can toggle between different grenades (so youd on't lose your regular nades when you pick up clusters (and, in this case, that exploding bottl))
if anoyone knows the name of that weapon used in GTA plz tell me!

(that was by me...last reply under my "fire animation" topic!)

this doesn't deserve to be here!!!!! (and i dunno whether this can be blocked b.c of this.

Green Barret
March 11, 2005, 6:59 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstanduh, right... i dunno how to use that quote thing but i think i konw where our littl friend got the nade toggle idea from...

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 : 03:11:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, to prevent nade spamming like that the fire should only last for a relatifvely short time and since you can easily extignuish that fire by rolling it won't be that annoying.

HOWEVER another method would be to have that weapon that exists in Grand Theft Auto (3 i think) where you thorw that bottle and it causes a mild explosion and covers the whole floor with fire. and also, it would be much appreciated, i'm sure, if you can toggle between different grenades (so youd on't lose your regular nades when you pick up clusters (and, in this case, that exploding bottl))
if anoyone knows the name of that weapon used in GTA plz tell me!

(that was by me...last reply under my "fire animation" topic!)

this doesn't deserve to be here!!!!! (and i dunno whether this can be blocked b.c of this.

Its called the Moltov Cocktail. You couldve just used search. Similar posts have been several times.

zyxstand
March 11, 2005, 9:27 pm
well, Green Barret, i dunno why u couldn't post on my topic. lol imma do the same: the idea isn't really to have firey exploding weapon; it was more bout having FIRE in the game...the "Moltov Cocktail" would just be another weapon that makes use of the fire!

Marine
March 12, 2005, 2:00 am
I say we have a way of dropping things, but no switch. That's just too many nades on one person. Not fair.

March 12, 2005, 11:08 am
Yeah, and on edited servers there are 256 nades? Honestly, its a good point and should be taken into consideration. Cluster nades are inaccurate but used to inflict damage on a group of enemies. U cant throw cluster nades and hope to hit something in midair, less enough kill em.

zyxstand
March 12, 2005, 10:31 pm
i don think he meant you can keep getting boxes of the same nades. Like a max of 4 nades for regular greandes and if you get one box of clusters you'll get three cluster greandes or any other types of nades.