( search forums )
Unplayed modes.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Swarmer
March 6, 2005, 10:08 pm
This isnt really that important, but i just felt like trying out some unplayed modes, and i couldnt figure out why no one plays them. i think that these are actually quite fun, and you should play them once in a while.

pointmatch: the coolest thing about pointmatch is the exponential kills. the FUNNEST thing ever is to do a really small map, like arena3, and play against 20 or so people, and make the kill count several thousand. 5000 works ok. with all that exponential points, getting 1000 points happens in 4 minutes or so.

advanced mode: this mode is so fun and innovative. you actually have to take other peoples weapons, and sneak around. realistic mode with this is really fun.

i just realized that this post is pointless, and probably boring. oh well, do something different, it'll rekindle your interests in them.

Gen0cide
March 6, 2005, 10:31 pm
Ehh,try
Pointmatch on realistic with advance mode..
Oh yeah,I went there.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
March 7, 2005, 12:02 am
I never did that. but it's gonna suck for me once I do..

LazehBoi
March 7, 2005, 4:25 am
Pointmatch can be pretty awesome. It'd be really interesting with Advanced mode.
There aren't enough INF servers. ;_;

Unlucky 13
March 7, 2005, 4:34 am
RAMBO! You forgot rambo!

I hate you for this...
:|
Anyway, pointmatch is better than DM as it has an objective!

Gen0cide
March 7, 2005, 4:43 am
Heh,offtopic unlucky13,But I pwned you repeatedly on soldat manager.

MercyM
March 7, 2005, 5:18 am
Somehow I hate Pointmatch and Advanced.

Jap_man
March 7, 2005, 5:59 am
Most of us have acknowledged the fact that there are game types that we rarely play. Yes it would be nice if we had more pointmatch, rambo, realistic servers up, but I doubt anything will be done. =\

Captain Ben
March 7, 2005, 9:46 am
advanced mode is a pain in the ass...

Deleted User
March 7, 2005, 10:46 am
pm suck, advanced suck and rambo kind of sucks...All bad sides of soldat here in same topic :D

March 7, 2005, 12:00 pm
definetely pointmatch with advanced on. RACK UP THOSE KILLS! The thing i love most about advanced is the fact that after a while you get rewarded and everyone has very underpowered weaps.

SPARTAN_III
March 7, 2005, 2:04 pm
advanced sux, rambo pwns if you've got a lot of ppl. advanced makes it too much like goddamn counterstrike

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 7, 2005, 5:35 pm
Rambo is fun with around 5-10, then it gets too hectic to play.
Pointmatch....meh, I don't much like it
Advanced mode is a very nice idea, it teaches people to learn to use other weapons.

Captain Ben
March 7, 2005, 10:26 pm
but still a pain in the ass...

Spectral
March 8, 2005, 12:53 am
I really did enjoy some fun rambomatches, but there are no good servers that I can play at

lastpatriot
March 8, 2005, 1:46 am
I never liked Rambomatches, for some reason.

mar77a
March 8, 2005, 7:28 pm
I like rambo, advanced, realistic, pointmatch and survivor...and tey are so abandoned...

SILENT
March 9, 2005, 12:50 am
most people don't like change, thats why you see about 60% CTF servers, 30% DM servers and the rest just a buncha empty servers with inf/pointmatch/tdm/rambo.. Shame.

Personally I love Inflitration the most, but a variety of maps would make it more popular to other peeps ;o

Dathker
March 9, 2005, 1:36 am
i like tdm/dm its more fun and takes less technique for stupid people like myself. and rambo is a little overrated because people tend to think that you can only kill a rambo guy wiht a barret/ m79 which is pretty stupid but you can still efficiently kill a rambo with any other gun.

SPARTAN_III
March 9, 2005, 7:03 am
i love survival. its fun. its like CS, where u dont respawn until next round. survivor+advance is very like counterstrike. but i hate ADV

Jiggs
March 10, 2005, 2:21 am
Try Rambo match with a bunch of bots equipped with bows and/or flame bows.

You get to wonder which really has the bow, which turns the match into a fun guessing game.

Deleted User
March 10, 2005, 3:03 am
I like playing advanced mode it's pretty fun...I HATE GETTING KILLED AND BEING REDYCED TO LAW, KNIFE, SOCOM and chainsaw.