( search forums )
Realistic mode makes all weapons fire differently
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
March 7, 2005, 1:12 am
I thought it might be cool if realistic mode made all weapons fire completely differently from their standard counterparts. Or, just to have a completely new mode altogether.

Deagles: Bullets travel slower, but straighter. Should do EXTREME damage at close range (like headshot would be an instant kill), but damage peters off drastically at long ranges.

MP5: Spread of the bullets should be like minigunish, just not so much. Bullets should be faster right when fired, but deal less damage, while having a flatter arc than the way it is now. They should also slow down A LOT when fired at long ranges.

AK74: Bullets fly faster and straighter, but ROF decreased. Reload time also increased

SteryAUG: Fires 3 round bursts ONLY. Shots are fired VERY fast, even faster than MP5, but the reload between each burst would be about a the smae time for a ruger to reload.

Spas12: Same basics apply here as to the MP5, but Damage should be nstant kill at close ranges. Each shot should also take longer to reload.

Ruger77: No changes.

M79: Direct shot would be an instant kill (even with vest). Splash damage would be a lot wider, but hurt less.

BarrettM82A1: Not many chnages, can only be fired from a ground, no aerial. But, even near misses do substantial damage.

FNMinimi: Acuuracy should decrease, but ROF should go up. Bullets travel at varying speeds.

XM214Minigun: Damage increased and recoil decreased. But, shgooting this thing hurts you as well (minutely, like 1 damage every 2 shots)

Socom: Extremely accurate (like ruger), but does less damage and bullets fly slower. ROF goes down too.

Knife: Slash forward with knife, in a horizontal motion. It's still an instant kill, but it's easier to time and has longer reach. Reload time is increased substantially, so time your slashes well.

Chainsaw: Battery lasts for a lot longer, but can't reloaded. Can be thrown to deal heavy damge, but can't be thrown as far as the knife.

LAW: Missle travels in wobblyish path and noticably slower. Click once to fire. Click again while missile is on it's path to detonate the missile. RELOAD IS MUCH LONGER.

kwanfei
March 7, 2005, 10:35 pm
I don't like most of these.....

KeyesBlob
March 7, 2005, 11:11 pm
Why would the LAW reload slower? In real life, a guy can reload a LAW resonably fast.

But that is only if he choses to reload, the LAW in real life is a very disposable weapon. You can fire it and just drop it and grab another one.

Captain Ben
March 7, 2005, 11:18 pm
so you pretty much want weapons to fire differently in realistic?
is there a reason for it besides being 'cool'?

Judge_Man
March 8, 2005, 3:17 am
Well if you do that, they will become complete different weapon so you would have to change the name.
Your idea is to have different gun in realistic... I don't play real so i don't mind.

Fangus Deef
March 8, 2005, 4:05 am
quote:Originally posted by KeyesBlobWhy would the LAW reload slower? In real life, a guy can reload a LAW resonably fast.

But that is only if he choses to reload, the LAW in real life is a very disposable weapon. You can fire it and just drop it and grab another one.

*warm feeling inside* *smiles* who wants to take this one? the moderators dont want me bashing outside of the pit (it rubs the lotion on it's skin in the bash pit)

MercyM
March 8, 2005, 5:19 am
I disagree these. The weapons are what they should to be.

SPARTAN_III
March 8, 2005, 12:57 pm
i only like the 3round burst, but give it to the ak

LazehBoi
March 8, 2005, 1:32 pm
It sounds hideously unbalanced, to be honest.

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 8, 2005, 5:20 pm
lol, LAW is an unreloadable weapon in real life...

papasurf31
March 8, 2005, 7:59 pm
How is it unbalanced? Which weapons would be over/under powered with this scheme?

DT
March 8, 2005, 8:55 pm
damn you for making me reply to all this...

quote:Deagles: Bullets travel slower, but straighter. Should do EXTREME damage at close range (like headshot would be an instant kill), but damage peters off drastically at long ranges.

they already kill with 1 shots in close range.. and 2 at long range...

quote:MP5: Spread of the bullets should be like minigunish, just not so much. Bullets should be faster right when fired, but deal less damage, while having a flatter arc than the way it is now. They should also slow down A LOT when fired at long ranges.

the MP5 basicly shoots like the deagles... except this is automatic.. so no

quote:AK74: Bullets fly faster and straighter, but ROF decreased. Reload time also increased
nooooo no way

quote:SteryAUG: Fires 3 round bursts ONLY. Shots are fired VERY fast, even faster than MP5, but the reload between each burst would be about a the smae time for a ruger to reload.

3 rounds bursts... your failing to see that the AUG is suppose to be like the AK butshoots more bullets and has less bullets...

quote:Spas12: Same basics apply here as to the MP5, but Damage should be nstant kill at close ranges. Each shot should also take longer to reload.
already is a instant kill at close range and sometimes at mid range
no on reload

quote:Ruger77: No changes.

your fav weapon i bet...

quote:M79: Direct shot would be an instant kill (even with vest). Splash damage would be a lot wider, but hurt less.
wider but less hurt? mah mabye

quote:BarrettM82A1: Not many chnages, can only be fired from a ground, no aerial. But, even near misses do substantial damage.

or mabye only like the law to shot.. have to be proned

quote:FNMinimi: Acuuracy should decrease, but ROF should go up. Bullets travel at varying speeds.

for once i agree with you...

quote:XM214Minigun: Damage increased and recoil decreased. But, shgooting this thing hurts you as well (minutely, like 1 damage every 2 shots)
its almost impossable to shot this but it should be cuz its a freaking minigun...

i'll do secs later