( search forums )
INF DesertSquads
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Darkspirit
March 7, 2005, 2:05 am
Here's inf_DesertSquads, a invasion map style in the desert. I think it's already the final version, so if i receive 1 bad comment, i will read it and fix the problem as soon as possible.

Overview:[URL]

The file:[url]http://www.llsc.us/members/%5BSoB%5DDarkspirit/uploads/Inf_DesertSquads.zip
[/url]

Comments?

Fangus Deef
March 7, 2005, 2:58 am
orange is yucky. try editing choppers so they arent all the same

The Geologist
March 7, 2005, 3:00 am
Looks interesting, but I have a few comments from the overview:

*I take it this is reverse inf...if so, your layout might make it very, very hard to score for red. Look at inf_invasion...that is hard enough, and that has more routes to go through than your map does.
*Add some gradation to the background color..it's personal opinion, but even a subtle fade looks good.
*Maybe it's me, but I hate those chopper sceneries. I understand their place in the map though.
*Is this map waypointed? Where are the flags, spawns, etc...some info on the pic helps sometimes.

Rambo_6
March 7, 2005, 4:11 am
as a general rule of thumb, try to link DIRECTLY to the file.

I'll give you the link this time, but don't let me catch you be lazy again! >:@

http://www.llsc.us/members/%5BSoB%5DDarkspirit/uploads/Inf_DesertSquads.PMS

EDIT: You didn't include any downloads for sceneries either. FORSHAME.

But i am flattered that you used my car-car scenery :p

MercyM
March 7, 2005, 5:25 am
This one is great, but I don't like the helicopters.

Boxo
March 7, 2005, 1:49 pm
The helicopters are ugly and pointless, and it's hard to see bullets againts the background.

Darkspirit
March 7, 2005, 9:50 pm
Ok, i remade the map as you can see. I deleted helicopters, changed background and sure remade the overview too ;)

And rambo_6, why you tell im lazy ? I KNOW, i dont got the direct link, so i searched a lot of time but i did not found it, so plz dont say im lazy because i tried, and im only 14 years old, i'm not a genius yet. Hope u mean what i say...

Rhombus
March 13, 2005, 4:05 pm
If you dont have any jets, this oughta be fun in realistic, cuz alpha team constantly drops to their deaths

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 4:11 pm
Could you host the scenery that you used somewhere? I would like to see them, the tanks looked cool

damnnation
March 13, 2005, 4:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Darkspiriti tried, and im only 14 years old, i'm not a genius yet. Hope u mean what i say...

lol not a genius YET ???...
same thoughts like The Geologist

Darkspirit
March 13, 2005, 9:51 pm
Ok people, i made a .zip file with the map and custom sceneries. Please, tell me what can be better for my map, criticize me about bad things to fix those but please i want my map perfect. I want it on some servers.

Rhombus:I'm with you, it can be funny and more realistic, but in the base, how blues will climb at the top? Maybe put minimum jet will fix the prob and make this map more realistic?

Damnnation:Please, tell your comments about my map and no about my intelligence, this is pointless.