Lost Cove

Type: DeathMatch, TeamMatch, Rambo
Custom Scenery: Yes
Custom Texture: Yes
Waypointed: No

Overview
Screenshot

-->Download<--

Again, if anyone finds any bugs, please let me know and I'll gladly fix them. Waypoints may be coming soon.

Gen0cide
March 7, 2005, 5:54 am
Looks like the gameplay might be fun..yet frustrating*chases a guy off a platform to be shot from behind..*
It's also too dark/trippy for me..
Also,somewhat similiar to your last map you posted.

The Geologist
March 7, 2005, 5:58 am
Very sexy use of texture and background, but the similarity to your last DM map is a little concerning. Break away from the random polys and random columns...go for something with a little more structure. It can really add to the game play and feel of the map.

Colorlooks good..the blue/green feel is very nice, yet the shading leaves a little to be desired. You're getting a good handle on it though :D Very nice.

AWH_ReApEr
March 7, 2005, 6:51 am
Yeah, I was planning on making a more structured map next. This one was kind of an experiment. My first attempt at a map with a scenery-based background. I wasn't entirely happy with it, but it turned out decent so I decided to post it. It's kind of a different experience playing on it. One of the very few maps I've played with scenery for the background.

Anyway my next map, Lost Oasis (I'm making a "Lost MapPack"), will be a bit more structured. I finally realised that if I want to get any better at mapping, I need to try other stuff than random groups of pollies that look good. I'm looking forward to making Lost Oasis. It will be a new experience for me. =D

Norse
March 8, 2005, 12:29 am
Very sexxah, Reaper! Love the texture!

Maxx
March 8, 2005, 2:16 am
This map is really fun, but most of the action is at the bottom which is why those waypoints better hurry their stupid butts up.

Very, very good job; needs waypoints, hurry.
=D

Rambo_6
March 8, 2005, 2:58 am
The background looks sweet, how did you do it?

I have concerns about the water level, it's way too high, so it has a bad feel to it.

But, i should congratulate you on the proper use of that fugly texture, you really made it look good. :p

AWH_ReApEr
March 8, 2005, 3:38 am
The background was made in PhotoShop. I just took a really dark blue and a lighter blue, selected the gradient tool, set it to difference, and went crazy across the board. ;)

MercyM
March 8, 2005, 5:22 am
Sweet, I'm gonna download.

sbu-spyvin
March 8, 2005, 2:50 pm
Nice

This wil be a sexy ctf>>www.geocities.com/spy_vinn/sexyctf.JPG

Norse
March 8, 2005, 11:51 pm
Sbu, are you saying you'll make it a ctf? Whats with the "will" part, ya mean "would"? That looks pretty groogvy, but I have my doubts...that ctf would be humongous(?)Could be fun, however.

@Reaper: I think the shading in the middle could be brighter...If you can see in the overview where the middle island that goes into a: ^ shape and is shaded black..might need to be lightened. It's a little to the point where the support becomes useless because it looks like its holding nothing.

Jiggs
March 9, 2005, 3:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cideLooks like the gameplay might be fun..yet frustrating*chases a guy off a platform to be shot from behind..*
It's also too dark/trippy for me..
Also,somewhat similiar to your last map you posted.

There is nothing wrong with being dark and trippy.

I am like everyone else, who is waiting on waypoints.

AWH_ReApEr
March 9, 2005, 3:24 am
The guy I was hoping would be able to do it is very busy. =S

If anyone is willing to path it, please do so. You can post it here, and I'll update it.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to do it.

Gen0cide
March 9, 2005, 5:24 am
I just like to be able to see as easy as possible.
Not into dark maps..I still love it though.

IDF-RIPsta
April 15, 2005, 9:23 am
It looks beautiful.

Felix
April 15, 2005, 11:35 am
wtf

it looks like the alexoner's map! 0_o

[URL]

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 12:11 pm
This topic is a wee bit old, guys.

Look at the dates.

AWH_ReApEr
April 15, 2005, 11:35 pm
It's IDF-RIPsta's fault. He's a necro-poster. o.0

But thanks for the comment, RIPsta. And, Felix, this map was probably released before alex.oner's. It's quite old, now.