( search forums )
Problem Running Server
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
jsut
March 7, 2005, 1:49 pm
Whenever i setup a dedicated server for me or my friends to play it wont show up in the lobby server list for some reason. In the program it tells me it is registered however when i manuallt view the lobby my server isnt shown.

I have turned my firewall off so that isnt the cause of it but i dont understand why.

A few times i have seen it in the lobby list but not many and nothing changes between the times when it is displayed and when it isnt.

PLease help....

FliesLikeABrick
March 7, 2005, 2:28 pm
check if it is shown here when it is running: http://lobby.soldat.pl:13073

Often the "in-game lobby" does not show all of the servers that are actually registered in the lobby server, even though they share the same server list

jsut
March 8, 2005, 10:55 am
yeah it is listed and it did appear occasionally in the list ingame but how can i make it stay perminantly? I mean i see some servers that are in the ingame list all the time how can i make my server like this?

Also to run the server i have to turn my firewall off this means my ping go's up loads because i start receiving random packets from the internet. Is there any way i can map the port people would use to connect to me so that my firewall allows all access from any i.p on the port that soldat uses when running a server.

im using Zone Alarm Pro the most up-to-date version i think.

Thanks for the reply.

n00bface
March 8, 2005, 5:44 pm
Are you getting a very different amount of servers every time you refresh the lobby list in-game? The lobby request often stops abruptly for me because of a bug, so I have to refresh litterally about 5-10 times to get near the amount of servers I want to see.

Futile
March 8, 2005, 7:55 pm
See if you have any filters active. For instance, having "not empty" on might exclude your server (if it is indeed empty).

hock3y
March 9, 2005, 1:03 am
Try and see if you can disable blocking ports 23073 and if you have custom maps disable blocking 23083 on your zone alarm. That is open the ports so that zone alarm doesn't block them, and then you can still leave your firewall on while hosting a soldat game, so that it blocks everything but soldat. (That is if you use these ports for hosting, they are the defaults)

Lemon
March 30, 2005, 5:16 pm
hm...
i think it is a bug of NEW version of server
i dont got this problem in old version
and i got same problem with jsut when i use new server
my case is more worst....

the server start...lobby and website lobby show up
about 30 sec....server disappear in both lobby.
but i can join my server in NAT.....