( search forums )
CTF Topfall
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Freekill
March 7, 2005, 2:42 pm
[IMAGE]

This is kinda like a reverse version of my previous map Up and Down. Instead of going down through the centre and up from the sides, this one requires you to go up from the middle and down the sides to capture/return the flag. However, topfall has less climb elements and is shorter. Also, you engage with the opposite team pretty early. Hopefully, this will make the map more fast paced compared to UpandDown, which was a natural game-killer due to its slow speed(yes, i know that -_-)

the outer appearence didn't come until after the polys were laid. It was like "wtf am i going to do with this map!?". So i added two eyes, some teeth, 3 statues and some grass, making it....weird.

comes with little jet too, making it a challenge to waypoint(ain't done yet.) You can shoot thru the walls infront of the stationary guns, btw. Doesn't have much range but it gives you some control over the middle part of the map. also, don't worry about custom sceneries as there are none...

DOWNLOAD HERE

This is my last "vertically challenged" map. they're horrible shet to make.

March 7, 2005, 3:03 pm
Can't sleep, map'll eat me...

What I mean to say, if you're going to make it all monstery like, maybe you should consider making it a theme for the whole map, and not just another vanilla earth 'n' grass map. I suggest custom sceneries of little ghosty things, and making the whole map a little darker.
On gameplay, I've played a map with a similar structure (shameless plug of own map, yay), and the figure-of-eight route works quite well, as long as you have enough players that don't camp underneath the flag. You may also want to extend the edges of the map a little bit to prevent falling.

MercyM
March 7, 2005, 3:16 pm
I don't like this. I don't like the layout.

Deleted User
March 8, 2005, 12:35 am
this map adds some interesting gameplay. Like Sticky said u should really extend the edges i kept falling off

Gen0cide
March 8, 2005, 12:43 am
quote:Originally posted by StickyCan't sleep, map'll eat me...

Exactly what I was thinking.

Freekill
March 8, 2005, 1:00 am
mmm, i dun remember falling off much... but guess it doesn't hurt to extend the sides.
I was thinking of adding a new path under the current map for safer returns, that'll prolly fit well with the extended sides.

the theme for this map had been bothering me since the start. i'll try to give it a more similiar theme throughout...by adding fishes.....nah.

Just stare at sticky's avartar and you'll eventually sleep.

Maxx
March 11, 2005, 9:56 pm
This map looks confusing and annoying.

Good job on evenness, monsterness, and erm.....creativity/complexity.
:1

Rambo_6
March 12, 2005, 12:50 am
A bit jaggedy for my likings... Try adding a few more polys to the layout. Also, there is a bit too many alternate routes.

and the flags are in a bit of a weird place... They should be closer to the spawns.

Darkspirit
March 16, 2005, 12:01 am
Not a lot of shading..

Felix
March 16, 2005, 5:28 am
hm, it's original and pretty funny, but not for a ctf :/

sbu-spyvin
March 16, 2005, 11:09 am
Dont really like it.

BUT it will be fun with 20 vs 20 on a lan :-).