( search forums )
Select All
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
MATT0121
March 7, 2005, 11:31 pm
Is there a way to easily select all the polygons in a map to move them or to copy and mirror them to make symetrical maps? If not, that would be a very helpful tool in future Map Makers.

Also, it would be nice to have many sided polygons not just triangles. You could hold Control and click a bunch of points and it would connect them and make a single polygon.

Vijchtidoodah
March 8, 2005, 12:10 am
You can hold down the alt key and select one after the other, but not all at once.

Edit: I know it sucks, but you'll just have to deal like the rest of us...

MATT0121
March 8, 2005, 2:32 am
I know, but with complicated maps and several layers of polys, that is very very difficult.

Keron Cyst
March 8, 2005, 4:00 am
You should be able to multi-select while in the transparent vector mode so you can easily see which polygons you're choosing.

Vijchtidoodah
March 8, 2005, 4:17 am
You should just delete the superfluous polys because all they end up doing is lagging slower computers and creating tons of polybugs.

Rubber Dux
March 11, 2005, 6:19 am
Yeah i kno it sux dosent it so yeah im new to the forums im S.X Ruber Duxy-=.tk=-

Vijchtidoodah
March 11, 2005, 6:30 am
Hey Rubber, most new users don't read the FAQ, or the stickies in each forum (at the top of the threads lists) before posting and end up getting into a lot of trouble. I hope you at least glance over those so you understand how things work. If you have any questions, you can send me a Private Message by clicking on this icon [url="http://www.soldatforums.com/privatesend.asp?method=Topic&mname=Vijchtidoodah">[IMAGE].

Welcome to the forums!

Unlucky 13
March 11, 2005, 6:59 am
Hey, it's you bro! Hiya Ducky! Now do as Vijch says, he is always nice to new members, so at least follow his advice...

Anyway, I have to say that this isn't too bad an idea, I see it's use in CTF and symetrical maps.
Also I see its use for compiling many maps together.
Really, this may come in a custom map maker, like MM+ or oM.
I forgot...26...

Darkspirit
March 22, 2005, 1:29 am
I like this idea for bridges, bunkers and anything else like that but i don't think symetrical maps are very good. It's not realistic at all. Can be good for CTF maps, but don't expect to see symetrical DM, TM, PM, RM and INF maps.