( search forums )
bot pick up
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
JiggaBlue
March 8, 2005, 12:07 am
I think a cool pick-up box would be one that gives you a bot that just follows you around for a set amount of time. It doesnt die or have to reload, its just a super powered killing machine. I'd say it should start with a random auto. I was thinking that you should pick it in a window that pops up then some guy could just come shoot you and you would lose the bot. Sounds pretty cool too me, if it does get added id leave the time it stays with you to MM so he cna keep it all even and fair. Tell me what you think and your ideas on the matter.

MercyM
March 8, 2005, 6:13 pm
Nah, I don't like this.

papasurf31
March 8, 2005, 8:02 pm
I don't think a bot can just FOLLOW you around, but I like the idea of a power-up that involves an independent helper shooting at your opponents. If it kills things, the points go to you, and It's indestructable. But, It can't be too powerful.

kilroy1501
March 8, 2005, 9:52 pm
This is kinda cool... but a super bot is just crazy. Maybe a little robot ball thing that flys around your head, and shoots and/or takes bullets for you.

kilroy1501
March 8, 2005, 9:53 pm
<sorry, forum glitch made me double post>

Dathker
March 9, 2005, 1:42 am
kilroy, you can delete your own posts.
[ON TOPIC:] this would be completely pointless and take away all skill needed to play the game. by having this stupid bot that can kill all is just like haveing an aim hack for soldat.

Magniitude
March 9, 2005, 1:53 am
That would just be the same as getting a player to follow you or a bot. Theres not really much of a difference as a powerup then as just an extra bot.

JiggaBlue
March 9, 2005, 5:03 am
Its not just having a hack for soldat, it just like other power ups and cna be disabled. Plus, its not just a bot, its an all powerful bot that would likly last less then beserker mode. I Dathkers thinking all the power-ups are just like hacks.

Captain Ben
March 9, 2005, 6:01 am
it would be pointless if it were there for only ten seconds...

JiggaBlue
March 9, 2005, 6:18 am
Not if placed in high combat areas on the maps.

SPARTAN_III
March 9, 2005, 6:50 am
this would be nice, but it must shoot weak bullets and not auto-like a single AK shot. at just above barret shot speed

kinda like the takkras in unreal2

what would it shoot?? does it follow your shot or shoot whatever is closest

Captain Ben
March 9, 2005, 7:25 am
give it a socom and down syndrome...
it doesn't matter if it is placed on high combat areas... it could be placed on the other side of the level. running there asnd running back, only for it to die would be a pain in the ass.

Wopkeuh
March 9, 2005, 8:38 am
A different idea based on this one:
You pick up a turret-pack.
A counter for about 8 seconds appears over your head.
When the 8 seconds pass you drop a turret on the spot.
The turret is an automatic version of a stationary gun.
The turret automatically dissolves in about 15 seconds.

Probably a crazy idea, but my mind went in overdrive again ;)

JiggaBlue
March 9, 2005, 10:01 am
I like that one better then mine

Captain Ben
March 9, 2005, 10:03 am
how about it's got half the heath and power of a normal player?
AND IT DIES WHEN YOU DIE?

Wopkeuh
March 9, 2005, 11:41 am
that would indeed be a nice one.

March 9, 2005, 12:22 pm
Just make it like armored core's wingmen blasters/orbital cannons. U know, the one that u can launch....

blackdevil0742
March 9, 2005, 4:08 pm
i kinda like it

March 9, 2005, 9:50 pm
I'd rather have bezerk...

The Geologist
March 10, 2005, 1:19 am
quote:Originally posted by StickyI'd rather have bezerk...

Exactly. The idea seems interesting...but I can hear the complaints now. Especially for a bot that can't be killed and doesn't need to reload. Sorry, but no.

Wopkeuh
March 10, 2005, 4:00 pm
It would be nice to add a new game mode with turrets.... I believe natural selection had something like that....
A mode in which you can place your own turrets (for example by shooting) and defend your base... some sort of extended CTF.
One player has the ability to repair and place turrets/guns (max 5?) and the rest just plays CTF...

Another one of my crazy ideas :s

DT
March 10, 2005, 8:49 pm
one word that says it all... no
no turrents no helpers. no followers, no space monkeys that follow yo around with tasers. just
no

Xurich
March 10, 2005, 10:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTone word that says it all... no
no turrents no helpers. no followers, no space monkeys that follow yo around with tasers. just
no

I concur.

Elemental
March 11, 2005, 12:31 am
I think there should be a sort of "bot" that moves around the map(not too fast). it wouldnt shoot you or attack you, it just runs around..it would be for practicing your aim. like, everytime u hit it, blood spurts out, or it yells or something..it could really improve people's aim!

Rambo_6
March 11, 2005, 2:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Dathker
this would be completely pointless and take away all skill needed to play the game. by having this stupid bot that can kill all is just like haveing an aim hack for soldat.

Exactly. I don't know about you guys, but i'd rather be the one that kills my enemies, not some stupid bot which can't be killed.

Bot that kills for you = no skill required = doesn't suit soldat's environment.

Wopkeuh
March 12, 2005, 12:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTone word that says it all... no
no

I agree with you it shouldn't be in the standard game mode... The turret idea would be nice for an extra game mode (See my natural selection idea). It should under no circumstances be added in the normal mode.

I thought about the NS idea... One player can stategically place turrets. Turrets can be destroyed and repaired (by that one player). Turrets don't shoot by themselves. Someone has to mount them.
This is some kind of extended CTF mode.
But this isn't really necessairy in soldat, so priority is very low ;)

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 8:59 pm
dont add turrets cus then the other team can just place a turret at ur spawn point and spawn kamp........BAHA!!!