( search forums )
Game Mode Ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
kilroy1501
March 8, 2005, 1:02 am
I've had a few ideas for new game modes. One I posted a while ago, the other has been done in other games.

Bounty Mode
You get more points for killing someone with alot of points, and only a few for killing someone with only a few points.

Treasure Mode/Reverse Tag
There is a treasure of points going around. When you kill the person who has it, a point is added to the treasure and you get the treasure. The person who finished the game with the treasure wins.

MercyM
March 8, 2005, 6:14 pm
I like these both. ;)

kwanfei
March 8, 2005, 8:45 pm
Nice ideas

zyxstand
March 8, 2005, 9:41 pm
i like the first idea (except for how you get points) however the second has a lil problem: it really isn't like build up victory (like deathmatch where you keep getting points for kills and person with highest points wins or like in cap or inf or any other game mode) - i mean that in treasure mode it's just about who has the treasure at the end...and there's nothing competetive that you build up to win!

kilroy1501
March 8, 2005, 9:45 pm
true, so it would be a little more about fun, and not who's the best. Kind of like Rambo match.

Michal
March 8, 2005, 9:50 pm
The first one sounds very interesting, it would add some more strategy like hunting down the best players.
The second one I think would be based more on luck than skill.

SPARTAN_III
March 9, 2005, 6:59 am
i onli like the first one...

Captain Ben
March 9, 2005, 7:22 am
treasure match is like a hyped up version of pointmatch. i like it!

Unlucky 13
March 9, 2005, 8:15 am
Treasure match is a little confusing, but Bounty Mode is good!
Is that a tick-box mode or a match? It would also be good to have something like that for flag caps too.

Wopkeuh
March 9, 2005, 9:20 am
In bounty mode enemy players should have some sort of player indicater too, stating they have more or less points than you do (a simple number will suffice too)...

Judging by your point-system you can gain on the best player by killing him twice... Would that be fair?
Suggestion:
1 point for weaker players.
2 points for equally strong players.
3 points for stronger players.

Captain Ben
March 9, 2005, 10:01 am
and how would we know which players are stronger or weaker? depending on kills perhaps?

Wopkeuh
March 9, 2005, 11:46 am
Press F1, watch the stats and the one on top is strongest. Come to think of it, that would rule out the equally strong bit...
You could put a little circle as indicator above each player's head... A red one for stronger, a green one for weaker.

2 points for stronger
1 points for weaker.

how's that one?

kilroy1501
March 9, 2005, 10:34 pm
These are game modes. So it'd be with advanced mode and realistic mode. So it could be applied to any type of match.

Evil Muska
March 10, 2005, 7:16 pm
I just had an awesome idea for a game mode. It would be called a Target Match. Basically, you would be assigned a random target, and in order to get a point, you'd have to kill them (killing anyone else wouldn't get you anything). Another thing, if someone kills your target, you get assigned a new one. If all targets are taken (If there is an uneven number of players), you will have to wait for one to be available, leaving you losing valuable fragging time. This would make for a very fun and frantic match. You would be targeting one guy, while another guy is after you, how crazy would that be?

+Evil Muska+

Evil Muska
March 10, 2005, 7:19 pm
Ok, so it's not a game mode, it's actually a MATCH, but I still think its cool...

+Evil Muska+

Loltor
March 18, 2005, 12:58 am
Agreed. Very good idea. Wouldn't this promote more Barret-whorage though? :/

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 1:42 am
nice but there both almost the same

Vanana
March 18, 2005, 1:47 am
bounty looks like pointmatch
i'd like to see some kind of king of the hill
as som1 suggested b4 (with a HILL =P)

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 2:05 pm
bounty match is a good idea....i dont know about the other one....

Judge_Man
March 18, 2005, 7:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Wopkeuh
1 point for weaker players.
2 points for equally strong players.
3 points for stronger players.

Thats too much.

maybe it would makes games longer but:
-1 for weaker
1 for equal
2 for stronger

So if you're on the top of the list, your point are going up slower (you can loose points).
if you're lower, you're going up faster.

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 9:19 pm
1st :cool , agree.
2nd :can't understand it clearly ... U could only wait until the chest will have 29\30 and then u will strike ...thats little weird :S

Vanana
March 21, 2005, 1:06 am
maybe a king of the hill?
XD lol

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 8:55 pm
well i might play this im getting sick of POINT MATCH, you people even tryied out the other game modes?! thats probably a bunch of idiots in this forum somewhere suggesting realistic mode as we speak, dammit. also the treasure mode is sort of like a portable king of the hill mode, i like it