( search forums )
Mapping Secrets
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
MATT0121
March 8, 2005, 3:02 am
Here are some things that I have discovered or invented for Soldat maps:

One way entrances(down) stand on the crack and in a couple of seconds you will fall through. It is impossible to fly back up, even with unlimited jet.

[IMAGE]

To make bouncy polys copy them over and over on top of each other.

If you want the .PMS file of the one way, just post here and ill put it up if anyone will host it for me. I will also include maximum horizontal and vertical jumping distances for normal jetpack.

MercyM
March 8, 2005, 5:21 am
I knew all of these.

paramud
March 8, 2005, 5:30 am
quote:Originally posted by MATT0121Here are some things that I have discovered or invented for Soldat maps:
i HIGHLY doubt you've invented anything in soldat

Elephant_Hunter
March 8, 2005, 6:29 am
> i HIGHLY doubt you've invented anything in soldat
Oi, okay... nice one Paramud.

You can host on the SMC server if you want. Just click on my signature and sign up...

MATT0121
March 12, 2005, 7:13 pm
i invented that polygon in the picture. i found out the exact smallest possible space soldat could fit through

paramud
March 12, 2005, 7:20 pm
that doesnt mean you've invented it

Maxx
March 12, 2005, 8:12 pm
How you gonna do it again, hold a ruler up to your screen ur somethin'?

Vijchtidoodah
March 12, 2005, 11:44 pm
Why are you all so hostile towards him?

If you knew so much about that one-way path, why didn't I see you post something about it? Instead, you're just going to sit on
your lazy asses and criticize him for showing you something that you've never seen before.

I'm talking to Maxx and Paramud specifically - you guys are the worst when it comes to welcoming people to the forums. Instead of
saying "Hi, nice to meet you", you're yelling out, "YOU LIE AND YOUR IDEAS SUCK!" which turns out to be strikingly ironic when
Paramud says it.

Matto, although I've heard of the bouncy polygons idea, I've never encountered the one-way path. I'll try to see if it fits into
any of my future projects.

mar77a
March 13, 2005, 12:26 am
I agree with Vijch. And yes, the one-way-poly works fine.

DeMonIc
March 13, 2005, 11:20 am
It would help if you'd give an exact grid size for that one way thing.. like 3 smallest grids in 200 zoom.. or something.

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 4:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by MATT0121Here are some things that I have discovered or invented for Soldat maps:

There's your answer, Paramud. Nothing wrong with wanting to take credit for a cool idea.

Rhombus
March 13, 2005, 5:40 pm
But Vij-aaah [IMAGE] it I hate that name- Paramud's speciallity isn't coming up with ideas of his own, he really sux at that, but its critizizing other's. (Ok I'm critisizing too right now, but what the heck)

MATT0121
March 13, 2005, 8:31 pm
Here is the file with the .PMS with the one way polys. Just select all of them and place them wherever.
http://files.bighosting.net/eu3029.zip

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 6:28 pm
Can't we all just get along? I'ts a bit of a philosophy question, if a person thinks of something all by himself without out-side influence technicly he did invent it, be that as it may, it is not an original idea. you see the cunnundrum