( search forums )
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
paramud
March 8, 2005, 7:09 am
i just found out my friend commited suicide.
im really depressed...
so im gonna take some time off during spring break to try to recollect myself...

Milkman Dan
March 8, 2005, 7:14 am
good idea, stay away from the forums... uh they're more depressing...

Vijchtidoodah
March 8, 2005, 7:48 am
Paramud, I've never known you to be serious, but if you are, I've been down that road a few more times than most people would be comfortable with.

If you need any help at all, someone to talk to who knows what you're going through, you can PM me, send me an email, or contact me at VijchtiDoodah on AIM.

Captain Ben
March 8, 2005, 8:45 am
sorry man...

JiggaBlue
March 8, 2005, 11:06 am
Maybe if you were never his friend he woulnd't have been so rash, what a shame.

Shivorken
March 8, 2005, 11:44 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain Bensorry man...

same here dude ...

Soap
March 8, 2005, 11:51 am
[IMAGE]

MercyM
March 8, 2005, 1:28 pm
I hate that boy's smile. BTW, sorry. :(

FliesLikeABrick
March 8, 2005, 1:48 pm
3 of my friends that I graduated high school with commited suicide in the past year... its akward the first time, and every other time it just feels worse.

Take it easy

Jaz
March 8, 2005, 2:44 pm
Telling the people on soldat forums wont make you happier, also telling them your leaving wont either cos I dont see this place as a refuge for you (for some strange reason).

Dry your eyes mate
and know its hard to take
but youve got to walk away now

;O

paramud
March 8, 2005, 2:52 pm
eh, thanks for the positive reinforment.
but i am being serious, and he was one of my best and oldest friends...

Liber_Lupus
March 8, 2005, 2:57 pm
..That means your out of friends?

Deleted User
March 8, 2005, 3:38 pm
He still has a girlfriend in LA.

The Geologist
March 8, 2005, 7:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Jaz
Dry your eyes mate
and know its hard to take
but youve got to walk away now
;O

Is that from a Streets song? Seems familiar...

Para...just take some time. Your friends aren't gone when they're in your heart. Remember the good, the bad, and the rest and you'll never part.

Fangus Deef
March 8, 2005, 9:48 pm
what was his reason why
my brother commited suicide in the same room as me. but that was a while ago, and im all [IMAGE]ed up in the head, so it's all cool :D
just remember not to give it a shot yourself, it's the weak way out.

N1nj@
March 8, 2005, 10:01 pm
i bet he is bs-ing

paramud
March 8, 2005, 10:31 pm
im not, you can even check is profile at OWF

Deleted User
March 8, 2005, 10:37 pm
That's too bad para, I get a lot of suicides around where I live. In the past 27 days 4 people have died. Two committed suicide and the other two were suicidal. Every year some kid kills himself...such a shame. One of my friends attempted it about a week ago. Soon as I heard I accidentally put my fist through my wall and went for a long walk. Which I never do, especially when it's 12 degrees out.

paramud
March 8, 2005, 10:42 pm
i know what you mean, whats sad is i didnt even know about it until a couple months after it happened, i was in europe at the time...
*sob*

n00bface
March 8, 2005, 10:45 pm
show me his profile at OWF

paramud
March 8, 2005, 10:48 pm
http://oddworldforums.net/member.php?u=1743

n00bface
March 8, 2005, 11:00 pm
wait, what the [IMAGE] or he killed himself because of what someone on oddworldforum's said...

paramud
March 8, 2005, 11:17 pm
yeah, i pmed oddguy asking him why...

n00bface
March 8, 2005, 11:18 pm
so, did you, uh..know him in real life?

paramud
March 8, 2005, 11:20 pm
no, but hes only an hour drive away.

Michal
March 8, 2005, 11:38 pm
Assuming that this isn't fake, this kid just wanted attention.
If he took the trouble to enter all that stuff into his profile, then it was obviously just to show the people he thought he took crap from. Looks like he wanted to teach them a lesson.

Was there any real reason for killing himself? Like being terminally ill, or losing his genitals?
I'll bet he was a spoiled kid who had everything, but was still unhappy and thought he had nothing to live for.
I guess it's just natural selection at its finest.

Sorry if I seem harsh.
I realize that he was your friend, but if he was willing to do this and not consider you, then he wasn't as good a friend as you thought.

paramud
March 8, 2005, 11:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by MichalAssuming that this isn't fake, this kid just wanted attention.
If he took the trouble to enter all that stuff into his profile, then it was obviously just to show the people he thought he took crap from. Looks like he wanted to teach them a lesson.

yeah, or its because he was one of the few origional(sp?) members of the forums
quote:Originally posted by Michal
I'll bet he was a spoiled kid who had everything, but was still unhappy and thought he had nothing to live for.

he wasnt spoiled, he lived in a gang-infested area, he went to a run-down school, and he said himself he had a [IMAGE]ty life.
quote:Originally posted by MichalSorry if I seem harsh.

too late for that.
quote:Originally posted by Michal
I realize that he was your friend, but if he was willing to do this and not consider you, then he wasn't as good a friend as you thought.

just shut it.

Jaz
March 8, 2005, 11:58 pm
You disapoint me. Some fag said he killed himself on a game I played before cos he got abused so much, including by me. I turned up to the game like a year later and he was kicking about. TWATS.

paramud
March 9, 2005, 12:13 am
you disapoint me.
first off, i doubt that you abused me.
second off, hes not "some fag"
third off, DONT CALL ME A TWAT MOTHER[IMAGE]ER

Unlucky 13
March 9, 2005, 3:54 am
Teen suicides are just too scary... and then the ones it hits are the teens themselves.
Some times it sets off a chain reaction, and that is scary.

Sorry, losing a friend or relative is just a really harsh thing to put up with.
I feel your pain...
Acually, the screens all blurry, my eyes are teary... meh.

paramud
March 9, 2005, 3:57 am
thanks...

N1nj@
March 9, 2005, 3:58 am
You don't even know him in real life and you consider him your real friend. Wow

paramud
March 9, 2005, 4:27 am
you honestly think the only way someone can be a friend is if you've actually met them?
wow.

Elephant_Hunter
March 9, 2005, 5:35 am
So did you call his place to make sure he was dead? Newspaper obitchuary? I mean, come on... a post in the forums isn't really proof of anything. I've heard some crazy stuff like this before. He could be faking it =/

paramud
March 9, 2005, 5:37 am
he isnt... trust me... his other friends knows hes dead, the entire forums knows hes dead, hes dead.
i mean his site has been "coming soon" for over a year and a half for christ's sake!

Elephant_Hunter
March 9, 2005, 5:46 am
His other online friends?

Sligslinger hasn't posted in that forum since last year. His last post didn't sound at all like he was planning to do such a silly thing. I'm skeptical.

By the way... this could be the reason you haven't heard from him in a while.

paramud
March 9, 2005, 5:53 am
thats an old thread, he came back after that.
check his profile and click "find all posts"

Elephant_Hunter
March 9, 2005, 5:56 am
Looks like some other folks, including this "oddguy" don't know what you're talking about... http://oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=10209&page=2&pp=30

paramud
March 9, 2005, 5:59 am
[IMAGE]
dipstick seems to agree.

JiggaBlue
March 9, 2005, 6:00 am
Bah, if that guy is really dead then the world is a better place. What kind of homosexual kills him self because people on the internet were mean to him? A no life little geek loser thats what. I bet that [IMAGE]er sat on the computer 24/7 and never slept. I think that he is just pulling a little geek trick on you tho.

paramud
March 9, 2005, 6:03 am
well who asked the faggot to post?
if you dont have something constructive or positive dont post at all.
little [IMAGE]er

Elephant_Hunter
March 9, 2005, 6:04 am
I meant everybody else who posted there... one person and a lousy goodbye note on an OddWorld forum aren't enough to convince me.

Jiggablue, stop it.

paramud
March 9, 2005, 6:05 am
what about the fact that he hasn't been seen or heard from since last year?
what about the fact that his website has been "coming soon" for over a year and a half!

JiggaBlue
March 9, 2005, 6:08 am
The truth hurts bro. And the reason it hasn't been change is he might have found a life outside some gay forum about a homo game. Er, it just might be th fact i brang up in my last post, he is a little homo and got mad at a forum.

I was going to post something helpful untell you said you never even met him. If you oldest and best friend was on the internet i laugh at you in pity.

paramud
March 9, 2005, 6:17 am
listen, jigga blue, if i were a mod, i'd ban your account AND your i.p. but luckily for you that would never happen
just stop being a little prick, stop posting in this thread, stop it before you make an even bigger ass of yourself.

Vijchtidoodah
March 9, 2005, 6:24 am
Jigga, shut up. You are the most disrespectful little twat that I have ever seen on these forums.

Elephant_Hunter
March 9, 2005, 6:31 am
Why don't you just call up his house and ask for him? That would settle things. If I were in your position I wouldn't give up on the lad so quickly.

Captain Ben
March 9, 2005, 6:38 am
EH has a point... you said you only lived an hour away...
see if you could find him or his family.
hell, my website has been coming soon for 3 years now! i even lost the link.

JiggaBlue
March 9, 2005, 7:37 am
uh....I [IMAGE] on you all

The Geologist
March 9, 2005, 7:40 am
Yeah yeah...save the hot air for people who actually give a damn.

JiggaBlue
March 9, 2005, 7:57 am
Acctually paramud seems to care.

Unlucky 13
March 9, 2005, 8:14 am
That is because it is insulting to him, going on like an ass when someone has died.
Come on, think like this...
"Hey dude? Why so sad?"
"My friend just died..."

Now what would you like as a reply?

"So? Everyone dies! Live with it you whooz!"
Or
"Oh man... sorry. I never knew."

Think. REALLY. If it was you... what would you do?
Put yourself in para's shoes.

JiggaBlue
March 9, 2005, 10:10 am
We dont even know if his retarded friend is dead. Go back and [IMAGE] because I sure don't. Oh, hold on a sec, I dont have over 1000 post, so what i care about dont matter right?

paramud
March 9, 2005, 2:45 pm
why dont you just shut up before everyone hates you more than me.

anyways, EH, i dont know his phone #, or where he lives...

Liber_Lupus
March 9, 2005, 3:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by paramudwhy dont you just shut up before everyone hates you more than me.

anyways, EH, i dont know his phone #, or where he lives...

You said he lives an hour away from your place. Now you don't know where he lives? You can't be sure if your online friend killed yourself. My guess is he wanted attention, added that bs into his profile and left the forums, perhaps coming back under another name to see peoples reaction. You have no real proof.

Tha Doggfather
March 9, 2005, 3:42 pm
JiggaBlue, keep your posts clean.

LazehBoi
March 9, 2005, 5:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by JiggaBlueOh, hold on a sec, I dont have over 1000 post, so what i care about dont matter right?

No, saying a bunch of flaming crap in a bag like that makes people care little for what you say.

The Geologist
March 9, 2005, 5:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by JiggaBlueWe dont even know if his retarded friend is dead. Go back and [IMAGE] because I sure don't. Oh, hold on a sec, I dont have over 1000 post, so what i care about dont matter right?

For someone who doesn't give a [IMAGE] you sure have a lot to say. Why don't you just be a good boy, shut up, and save the whole swearing badass routine for people who actually think you're something more than an angry little punk hiding behind a computer. While you're at it, go question your sexual identity...sometimes the people who are the quickest to call others gay/homo/etc are the ones dealing with or denying their own repressed homosexuality. I feel dumber for even having read your posts.

Elephant_Hunter
March 9, 2005, 8:00 pm
> anyways, EH, i dont know his phone #, or where he lives...
Oh... for some reason I thought you had said this guy was your friend, but he didn't contact you or anything about killing himself. You don't even know his number or address! One of us is confused.

paramud
March 9, 2005, 10:25 pm
he is my friend, he lives in tulare, i dont know his address liber, and elephant hunter, yes i am confused.