( search forums )
Lapis and Friends, time for another adventure!!!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Fangus Deef
March 9, 2005, 12:39 am
my mic is stuck on and amplifying everything goin down in my house, and ideas on how to turn it off? turning off computer didnt fix it, and yelling really loud at it didnt work, and that's how far my tech knowledge goes. HELP ME!!!

paramud
March 9, 2005, 12:41 am
did you try showing it to Mr. sledgehammer?

aaah, mr sledgehammer, he can fix anything ya know.
broken speakers, broken windows, broken arms.
even stubbed toes!

papasurf31
March 9, 2005, 1:26 am
Try unplugging it. Or go use it for something. I guarantee it will shut off permanantly the second you actually need to use it.

Michal
March 9, 2005, 1:47 am
Double click volume control in the lower right corner, Under the "microphone" slider check the "mute" box.
uhh... I hope that helps :P

Magniitude
March 9, 2005, 1:58 am
Wait like papasurf said, why dont you just unplug it?

Deleted User
March 9, 2005, 2:08 am
Mute sometimes doesn't help, Michal. On some microphones it just mutes the talk-back feature of the mic.

Turn down the recording volume for the microphone by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right of your screen (the system tray) and adjusting your audio properties.

Fangus Deef
March 9, 2005, 2:19 am
1. cant unplug
2. used it in CS:S, nothing changes
3. none of the audio options involved with the microphone change it, and all the combo's ive tried weild no results

EDIT:

wow. i love this computer some times. Mr. Fist worked. what the hell. im serious. how does it keep doing this? it reacts to violence like a mad [IMAGE]. thanks for the help fellas.