( search forums )
AVP
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
March 9, 2005, 4:52 am
I watched the movie alien Vs Predator like 5 min ago, im still confused.
If the Predators had taught humans to build why didnt, anyone remember that they might come back. Also if they were just sitting in space dont you think something would crash into them and someone would notice, and the fact that they only sent three predators..... why would you only send three, yes they are extreme hunters but there were instances where it seemed like they would die no matter what. It was a good movie yes, but the story seems to be missing a few minor pieces. Thoughts?

paramud
March 9, 2005, 4:57 am
well, the chosen ones.
Look at it like this, In the jewish fait (im catholic, just tryin to avoid confusion) when jews turn 13, they have to read from the torah. this is like the predators torah...
wait, did i just call the predators jewish?

anywho, they had cloaking and could move quicker than a speeding SUV, i think they could avoid a space shuttle

Deleted User
March 9, 2005, 5:06 am
Yea that makes sense now

Liquid Metal
March 9, 2005, 6:13 am
Me thinks AVP is the stuff up of the Alien and Predator series. I mean at least try to make it like the other movies you know. And in the tralier you heard them say a massive war between them so u think its like a swarm of aliens vs a squad of preds but actually its only 3 preds and 2 of them dies so quicky. BORRING! Aliens are supposed to be scary but they always do a close up of the alien wen they strike so u knoe when they jump out. The huge stuff up that I noticed was that when the group of ppl got seperated they experienced different things eg. One group got stuck wif the alien face huggers while the others escaped. On the other hand the other group didn't get stuck in the room wif the face huggers so they would have no idea what they do. BUT when they finally encounter face huggers they seem to already know what they do but they have never actally saw them b4.

Captain Ben
March 9, 2005, 6:30 am
think ths one was that bad. i liked it, but have you seen freddy vs. jason?
it was a good action but wasn't scary.

Fangus Deef
March 9, 2005, 7:46 am
avp = complete [IMAGE] director.

Kazuki
March 9, 2005, 1:19 pm
You should have been paying more attention to the movie. ;) They send 3 teenage predators to hunt the aliens every 100 years. If they succeed, it is considered a rite of passage and they become 'men.' If not, they get overrun and use that bomb thing that they have. That's what happened to all 3 indian tribes. They were wiped out by the bomb. That's how they disappeared. And so, that's why no one "remembers" that they would come back. However, you notice that at the end of the movie a new species is created? An alien-predator mix thing pops out of the predator's stomach. Only humans were used to breed Aliens up till now. Now a predator was used. The little alien baby thing had fangs like a predator while the others didn't, so they're definately going to make another movie.

Jaz
March 9, 2005, 1:25 pm
YEY

damnnation
March 9, 2005, 1:48 pm
ive got the movie on dvd and watched it over5 times cuz the Preadators just pwn! i don't give a [IMAGE] about the rest of the movie...but it's nice...

paramud
March 9, 2005, 2:47 pm
Kazuki, the alien - predator mix is called a predalien.
they go through a lot of this stuff in the game.

damnnation
March 9, 2005, 2:55 pm
orr it's alled a aliator :o
oh in the game ehehe >.<

DeMonIc
March 9, 2005, 3:22 pm
I'm a big AVP fan, and according to the books, that were written before the film, and by the alien movies, after a facehugger rapes someone's face, a day or so passes before the alien burts out of the victim's chest. And the predalien is one ugly mofo :)

Fangus Deef
March 9, 2005, 4:19 pm
well in the 3rd alien movie it came from a dog, so was all twacked like that. wonder what a mantee alien would look like......
/nerd

paramud
March 9, 2005, 10:29 pm
well, you see, different species effect chestbursters/aliens.
Humans : normal black alien
Predators : Predalien
Four Legged Animals : runners (third movie type alien)
Sea Creatures : Hasn't Been Done

And who knows who preatorians are made...

Vijchtidoodah
March 9, 2005, 10:39 pm
Paramud, the sea aliens were seen in the fourth alien movie...they're just normal aliens but they use their tail like an alligator would.

paramud
March 9, 2005, 10:55 pm
no, those are normal aliens, they just havent been shown swimming before that

Gen0cide
March 10, 2005, 2:10 am
I'm hoping the queen lays eggs under the sea,(They ARE good swimmers,from the other movies)and the eggs take over whales and such,and the queen escapes ,thus,AVP 2!

paramud
March 10, 2005, 2:16 am
ummm... no.

wormdundee
March 10, 2005, 2:25 am
man, Freddy vs. Jason was one of the funniest movies i have ever seen

the fighting is so cheesy, but its still good for a laugh and waste of time

Captain Ben
March 11, 2005, 7:38 am
how funny is it when the kid pokes his dad and his head falls off!
apparently, they used more than a 100,000 litres of fake blood in that movie :D
i wanna see an alien crossed with spongebob! what do you think it would look like?

Marine
March 12, 2005, 2:07 am
AvP was crap compared to the Alien and Predator series. They could have done a better job.

A main flaw was showing too much of the Alien and Predator. That's what was so great about the first Alien and Predator; they didn't show hardly ANY of the monster until the climax, in which you finally see the horrbile monster. Which adds up the suspense.

They did an okay job, though. I like how in the beginning she tells him the tale of a whaler town that which everyone disappeared in in 1904. They also said in the beginning that the movie took place in 2004. Which is when the Predators come. Therefore, what happened in 1904 is well known, but is left to your imagination :)

Wonder what the whalers thought ;)

Also, it was surprisingly goreless. Poor chestburster scenes. I personally liked the scene in which the invisible predators kill the guys up in the town.

Rock on.

Deleted User
March 12, 2005, 2:46 am
especially when they stick him from the back :)

kylerlandry
March 16, 2005, 3:31 am
My favorite was when the predator nets the black guy when they are in the temple and the net starts tightening cutting into his gun and crushing him.