( search forums )
Random settings everywhere
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
March 11, 2005, 1:54 am
I'm sorry I can't provide further information, but this bug only happened once and I didn't think to take a screenshot of it at the time.

Anyways here's my problem. I started up Soldat one day and went straight to the "Join Game" because I knew that I was all ready to go. Apparently I was wrong. As I began to play, my guy started to flip out randomly crouch and reload and throw weapons. The only thing that worked right was the mouse commands(jet, fire). My guy also looked nothing like how I set him up to look. And yes, I was looking at the right character.

I was confused for a while, but then I exited out to the main menu to see what might be wrong. I found out that all my settings had been changed somehow. My controls had been randomly changed to keys that were spaced out all over the keyboard. My guy had some really messed up "custom" colors on. The server settings had only chainsaw and stat guns enabled, and my mouse sensitivity had been jacked up to 200%. Under the "Start Game" tab, the random bot values were all on 53 for some reason. There were more oddities, but I can't remember them anymore.

I changed them all back and I'm playing fine now, but this wierded me out. I couldn't find any topics of anyone else having this problem, and I'm not sure what caused it to happen or if it will ever happen again. I was just wondering if anyone here has any ideas?

Deleted User
March 11, 2005, 9:06 am
Lay off the crack.

Maxx
March 12, 2005, 2:49 am
Way to be a helpful moderator, Lapis.

Happy Camper
March 12, 2005, 3:21 am
do you have a little brother, or sister, maybe they are mad that you play to much soldat, and they craped up all your settings to piss you off, that would be my guess xD

Deleted User
March 12, 2005, 7:31 am
quote:Originally posted by MaxxWay to be a helpful moderator, Lapis.

Yeah. I'm totally awesome. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Really? I thought it was pretty obvious that someone had probably messed with his settings. I do it all the time to the kids who play Counter-Strike on the PCs at the Votech when they're supposed to be working.

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 12:57 am
You see, that's the thing that would make sense. But there's no one around to have messed with them. I just thought it was really wierd..Maybe I clicked around like crazy and bashed my head on the keyboard and blacked out or something...