( search forums )
Fixed: (moved) Why wont it work now?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Sgt. York
March 11, 2005, 6:09 pm
Ok, so I just upgraded to windows XP from Window ME. When I had ME, Soldat worked fine. When I upgraded, it would freeze my entire computer a split second after I join/started a game. So i said "hmm, maybe I need to reinstall." so I did. And it does the same thing. I have reinstalled twice now, and exactly the same thing happens, right whne I start/join a game, my entire computer freezes! So, any heklp would be appreciated. Thjis is an awsome game and I would like to play it.

DNA.styx
March 11, 2005, 6:20 pm
(moved to help forum)

b00stA
March 11, 2005, 7:43 pm
Remember to reboot after (re)installing Soldat. Also make sure to get the latest drivers for your graphic card and update DirectX.

Sgt. York
March 11, 2005, 10:50 pm
OK, I'm gettin kinda mad now. None of this happened when I had ME but... Here we go.
I updated my video driver
Got directx 9.0c
reinstalled soldat and rebooted.
NOW ITS WORSE! I will join/start a game and it goes for half a second then freezez, BUT! It doesnt show the Poly's, just the scenery and the edges of the poly's! PLEASE! HELP! Really though, please help me!

Sgt. York
March 11, 2005, 11:19 pm
Cmon! 45 views and two replies??!!
OK, another thing also, in setup, I normally turn off the intro. Well I just reinstalled Soldat (AGAIN!!) and right when it showed the intro, it stopped after a half second! So it only freezes when the actual game starts, because it is fine when I'm in the menu's! Please help me! I AM DESPERATE!

Deleted User
March 12, 2005, 1:01 am
Turn off the intro, disable anti-aliasing in Soldat and in your Display properties, and reboot to see if that helps.

Sgt. York
March 12, 2005, 1:50 am
Sigh, Ok. I turned off antialiasing on my settings and in soldat. NO DIFFERENCE. It go for a split second, the it freezes, giving me no sound and no moving thing on screen. And all the polys are empty, no textures whatsoever! What is wrong??

Sgt. York
March 12, 2005, 3:56 am
OK, I fixed some of it. I cant run it in fullscreen mode though. When I run it in ullscreen, it freezes my computer. My only problem now is that there are no textures whatsoever, just the scenery, and the outline of the poly's. I hope this helps and PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Deleted User
March 12, 2005, 7:34 am
Do you have an Nvidia graphic card? If so, try rolling your drivers back to the 4x.xx series driver set. Otherwise, try using "Force Software" mode in Config.exe, and see how that goes.

Sgt. York
March 12, 2005, 3:46 pm
Yes, I have an Nvidia GeForce 5200. So how would I go about getting these drivers?

b00stA
March 12, 2005, 4:26 pm
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

Sgt. York
March 12, 2005, 4:44 pm
Thank you, nopw I just need to download one of the 4-.-- versions? Awsome!

b00stA
March 12, 2005, 5:50 pm
I don't know all the versions etc., so just try some out.

Sgt. York
March 13, 2005, 5:04 am
Nope, I still have the same problem! Everything is fine except it doesnt show any text in-game ot the textures of poly's, just the outline! I tried most- if not all- of the 4x.xx drivers too!

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 9:36 am
http://www.dna-drivers.com/

Try the DNA Drivers, and see if that helps.

Sgt. York
March 13, 2005, 3:45 pm
Nope, no luck. It didnt change anything, I still just see the outline of the poly's, SOME text, and the scenery.

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 5:20 pm
Have you tried an older/newer driver set? You just have to keep trying until you find one that works.

moderate_rock482
March 13, 2005, 5:33 pm
also, I would make sure that if you set 16-bit in soldat, your going to have to set it to 16-bit on your computer. To do this right click on desktop-->properties-->settings then look under "color quality"

Sgt. York
March 14, 2005, 12:36 am
Fnally! Success! Like I said, I tried almost all of the 4x.xx drivers, the the DNA drivers, none of which worked. Except one of the three 4x.xx driver I didnt try! Thank you so much for your help! And also, now that its running, is the lobby server down or is it just me? Every time I press request game, I get a message saying "could not contact lobby server". ?

b00stA
March 14, 2005, 11:17 am
Lobby server is not responding? READ