( search forums )
cant play on LAN
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Vanana
March 12, 2005, 2:54 am
i dunnno why but when i create a room in a cyber my friends just cant join the game cuz it shows like no room was created....and its no firewall problem or anything like that, cuz we could play other games on LAN normally....do u know wat could be the problem or im not creating it as i should...

Deleted User
March 12, 2005, 7:37 am
In order to play on a LAN you'll need to give your friends your IP address. With the LAN hooked up and running, click Start, go to Run and type winipcfg and press enter. It should show you your IP address there. If not, or if that doesn't work/isn't present, type cmd and press enter, and in the command prompt that appears, type ipconfig and press enter.

Once you have your IP (its a set of four numbers, or octets, that looks something like 123.212.212.123), host your Soldat Server and have your friends manually enter the IP address and port to join.

Vanana
March 12, 2005, 11:03 pm
do i type that in chat or directly?

Deleted User
March 12, 2005, 11:33 pm
You type winipcfg and the other commands into Start>Run.., as I instructed. Once you have your IP address, have your friends go to the Join Game tab in Soldat and type in your IP address.

Vanana
March 14, 2005, 1:06 am
i cant get that thing of Start>Run :P

b00stA
March 14, 2005, 11:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Vananai cant get that thing of Start>Run :P

[IMAGE]
and there you enter this:
cmd /k ipconfig

Vanana
March 14, 2005, 10:20 pm
oooooh, now i get it! XD

Dathker
March 15, 2005, 4:32 am
hrm. i have a question about this too, what about if you don't know your ip, and you don't have access to run or command prompt. is there a way that you can acctually request servers that are being run on a lan?

b00stA
March 15, 2005, 1:36 pm
What? You can start Soldat, but you can't enter a simple command?

Dathker
March 17, 2005, 12:19 am
nope. welll i suppose i could modify an icon so that i can run cmd.exe then find out with ipcofig, but i haven't tried taht yet. but still is there anyway to start up a lan with out knowing the ip to the other computers? and should soldat beable to locate if a computer has a lan server set up?

Unlucky 13
March 17, 2005, 9:08 am
I think Michal was supposed to implement the LAN lobby, but it did not work (See Michals reaction to this here)
I really think that it should be implemented too.

Dathker
March 17, 2005, 11:14 pm
lol, funneh reply that MM said. but when does he planned to implement this?

Vanana
March 20, 2005, 1:29 pm
i think it'll be ready
for the next version..?

UndercoverIdiot
March 25, 2005, 5:58 am
For the port number... How is the servers used port number decided?

b00stA
March 25, 2005, 12:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by UndercoverIdiotFor the port number... How is the servers used port number decided?

Open the file 'config.exe' and go to the 'Network' tab.
Obviously the number in the Game Port field decides the port number.
The default port is 23073