( search forums )
new grenades
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
March 12, 2005, 4:00 am
to the moderator: i searched found nothing (dind't expect to neways) and, in part although not really, this is a bit to get back at papasurf for STEALING MY IDEA... and i put a lot of work into this one as well...anyways:

the idea is having a few other grenades in the game. although talked about in replies attached to some other topics, i gathered them (plus additional ones): have differnet greandes!
-) current grenades; causing an explosion with no realism to it. can carry up to four (4).
-) frag grenades; causing an smaller explosion but with fragments that fly in all direction (bout maybe 30) causing more damage the closer you are to them. can carry up to four (4).
-) Moltov Cocktail (XD); causes also small explosion but spits fire everywhere over a realitvely wide area (actually line, since this is sideview 2D) for a short time (in the game) and can only carry one (1).
-) High Explosive Grenades; just learned about it today by Green Barret (<- credit). they are "grenades that create very high tempature flames" which can also set of a short-lasting firery ball that hurts about as much as the god flame does (although noone really knows how much it hurts per time because it ALWAYS LAGS!). so they just burn you rather than hurt you from explosion. although they are meant to be of high explosion they shouldn't push players out too much so that they can stay for the after-burn! carries three (3).
-) Manual triggered greandes?; greandes can be dropped onto the floor and then manually exploded by pressing the greande throw button again. dunno whether this one is such a great idea or not. and can carry only one (1) of those as well

another thing would be to be able to toggle between those greandes (otherwise it'd be stupid). and also i dunno whether the amounts of the differnet explsive devices should be adjustable, but if it is then the quantities i supplied should be default.

more ideas for greandes greatly appreciated. we have heard of smoke grendes and poison grenades andi haven't put them here because they serve more a strategic function rather than just hurting ppl. so kif any of you are grenade experts plz give the gexplosive weapons that i supplied a proper name and also give more ideas for greandes!

topics supported by this idea:
-) Grenade toggle
by papasurf31 for reason explained above.
-) fire animation
by zyxstand mainly for the Moltov Cocktail as well as the HE
-) Particle based special effects over sprite based
by Soap supprted also by "fire animation" for creating better and realistic particle effect

_Mancer_
March 12, 2005, 4:06 am
Molotovs been suggested but I still want them in the game.

zyxstand
March 12, 2005, 4:51 am
yes...they have been suggested by me very recently...b4 me i dunno, but i also want them in the game...and also give other ideas for nades!

Captain Ben
March 12, 2005, 5:05 am
how about a dynamite stick with a knife tied to it?
you could throw it at someone, it stabs into them and stays there, for a while before it explodes, and there could be lots and lots and lots of blood!!

zyxstand
March 12, 2005, 5:12 am
it that's one more!

STEELIX
March 12, 2005, 10:51 pm
Yeah! A weapon that sticks to you while before it explodes!
That way you could run into a group of enemies first, and cause massive damage! Like a sort of suicide commando :)

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 12:26 am
yup...like the sticky grenade in halo. or how bout selecting an option b4 game starts that says that players explode when they die. Or, get a bonus that makes you explode upon death. i can pitcure one way this can help: ie: you and your friend are trying to get the flag from pit and take it out. ur friend goes in and you follow. you realize he won't have anuf jets to getback out so you throw yourself into the spikes causing explosion that helps your friend make that last step out!

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 1:32 am
i think molotovs are the only good idea in here.....

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 7:28 pm
hmm, well maybe you're right - maybe we shouldn't be able to have THAT many nades cuz it'd be hard to swtich between them!

Mini Man
March 13, 2005, 8:52 pm
No grenades are fine as it is maybe Frag Grenade or Cocktail but only one of them.

lastpatriot
March 14, 2005, 1:24 am
I like the whole "sticky" idea, it's like British C4 charges in WW2, they stick onto...things.

zyxstand
March 14, 2005, 1:40 am
i like sticky as well, although it is rather hard to hit someone with it accurately! and they shouldn't bounce on the floor either and stick on the part it lands - unless it hits a roof in which case it'll drop down. or if the wall it hits is very sloped!

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 6:45 am
I kind of like the idea of the remote grenades...if you were stealth enough about it you could line an entire map with them, keep picking up crates, then, BOOM! masta killa! -edit- another grenade idea, what if when bullets hit grenades, they blew up?

JiggaBlue
March 14, 2005, 8:25 am
I find other nades pointless, besides maybe a smoke nade.

MercyM
March 14, 2005, 11:48 am
I'd like to see Molotovs...

DeMonIc
March 14, 2005, 12:02 pm
Frag grenades:
Meh. In my opinion, if the current cluster grenades are made to have a better "cluster spray", it would be better than this. Next.
Molotov cocktail:
You used search right? Because it has been suggested.. a lot of times. Nevertheless, I think molotovs should be like knife: a throwable secondary, that you can light with the fire button.
HE Grenades:
Soldat is Soldat, Real life is real life, and CS is CS. We have regular grenades, we doN't need ones with less damage but more push.
Manual triggered grenades:
A.K.A. mines. You did a search right? These would be abused around the flag area. Aside that, Soldat is too fast.. I mean, I'm not gonna spare 20 seconds to set up a delicate trap of these, when I can simply crush, kill and destroy.