( search forums )
LOUNGE_EEAAAHH!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain Ben
March 12, 2005, 4:33 am
i don't know if this has been suggested before here, but i'll go out on a limb. a while ago, in the mapmaker's forum, someone suggested a lounge map. what they wanted was a kind of map that players don't fight in, but chat and stuff... suggested, was a shooting range, a duel range, a bar, disco room and a bathroom (male AND female).
what i'd like to see is a kind of map like this available in the area server, corresponding with the local area search
(doesn't really wotk for me :P).
so there could be an australian lounge/club/pub, and american one, isreali, whatever! one for every country.
now, if this was ever implemented

-id like to see guns allowed, only in the duel and shooting rooms
-jets ONLY outside and in the fighting/duelling areas
-a chat box that only goes in that room, so you can't be talking to someone 3 rooms away
-competitions= not as in winning items, but players could get their name up on a score board for a while... for example, most duel wins, best aim in shooting range or maybe coolest lounge attender :P
-side-by-side with zyxstand's water idea, there could be a pool and spa even a water duelling room
-it could have clan sign-up rooms

it could also be released as a dedicated server, along with a custom mapmaker, allowing players to make their own club/vip room with dress colours, etc.

michal could implement a race room, where players names could go up on a big score board...

i know some of these ideas may seem a bit out there, but this coud help players organise clans WITHIN the game, not exiting to go out to a certain website, they could just tell them to meet at the lounge-room. though, with clans, i don't really see the point...

a snowball room (just for chakra :P)
and the lounge could be pink!
along with a plaque saying:
CAPTAIN BEN THOUGHT THIS UP (LOUNGE)
and there could be a statue of my soldat shaking hands with MICHAL MARCINKOWSKI!! (if that's how you spellhis name...)
though, players should be able to go to the bar and get drinks...

tell me what you think...

EDIT: i almost forgot the arcade room, where you go into levels that pay respect to certain video games
(mario bros. donkey kong, super bubble bobble)
and let's not forget the pirate ship!

Vijchtidoodah
March 12, 2005, 4:39 am
As long as we're dreaming: there should also be the ability to join a server simply by walking over to a host or his set area and doing something to verify that you want to enter (like in the Natural Selection mod for Half-Life)

For organization, there could be built in filters based on location and the fastest servers would appear closest to the starting position. They could also have all of their stats on the outside, so you can see what's going on before you enter.

Captain Ben
March 12, 2005, 5:03 am
i'va always wanted something like that aswell...
except, it would take ages, because normally 2-300 different servers come up :P

zyxstand
March 12, 2005, 5:10 am
i personally had a very similar idea to this once. although my idea called forth for a new game! if you don mind i'll write it here:

it would be a game side scrolling like an mmorpg (massive multi-player (dunno what o was hehe) role playing game) where you control a soldier. it would look just like regular soldat excpet there are VERY realistic rules. like you could rent an apartment or hotel room and if you'd be really rich get a house. It would be a massive world where you could go in and automatically be linked to everybody in the entire system! there would be like millions of people playing all over the world. Of course you these differnet "countries" would not be on the same server per say, but you can transfer between countries by "flying" to that country. You could live in a town or city and go into shops and buy stuff for money. Your clan could start a community with a loan from the bank and tax payers could pay you. You could "officially" get a job as something, like fireman, ambulence or police officer. no cars cuz that'd ruin it. ie; if you were a cop your job would be to go around town with a regular handgun as secondary and have bullet proof vest and you cannot have the gun out unless it's for a good reason. that reason would be if you're trying to catch someone for some reason or if someone has a gun out. you could tell him to drop it and if he wouldn't comply you could shoot him once hurting him and making him drop his gun. and if you'd kill him he can go to the hospital and wake up there like the next day (5 minutes in in real world). and then you could go outside into the ungoverend field, or "no man's land" and you're allowed to do whatever you want. In the whole game you could "talk" to ppl with a mike. you could receive phonecalls or messsages on your asnwering machine (if u bought it). you could also talk on you cell fone. people could only hear you if you're approximately looking at them and if you're relatively close. if you die in noman's land the person who killed you can collect you stuff (money, ie). there could also be "unoffical" jobs. the differnece between unoffical and offical jobs is that the offical are organized by the system, automatically transfering money and stuff. unoffical would be like "can you come over and deliver this box to person x because i have some arrands to run. i'll give you $50 for that job" and then you'd go to his house deliver the package and get money. he dones't HAVE to give u the money per say, but then you could like do something mean to him, like beat him up with a bat, and hope not to be seen by the police. or you could work in a farm field where the crops require a certain amount of work to be done. like maybe (in realistic time) 5 hours work job. so you could hire like 10 ppl and they come and work half hour each or whatever...i dunno how the "work" should be like cuz you cna't just drop your player trhere and then leave your computer and do seomthing else. and when the crop is gone you get money for transferring the 20 boxes of whatever it is you're growing and you could get people again and pay them $10 for each package deliveerd to a major company. ther can be shops to buy stuff and all kidns of realistic stuff...and drug dealing for which the cops are intentively investiating and you can get fined a hell lot.
If this is too confusing then just picture it like being a GTA game (geez..always GTA with me) where you do missions for people and get money and get busted and wasted. in that case you can also get cop-bots which are computer controlled bots that are told to get to a traget and do w.e.

unfortunately me and Ben are only dreaming bout this...and i'm sure he'd like my idea as well.

this has been zyxstand's 10 minutes for you!

EDIT 1:
it'd be a Super Server hosting this game. probably divided into many computers each handling like one world and connected with each other. Big Game there

paramud
March 12, 2005, 6:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain Beni don't know if this has been suggested before here, but i'll go out on a limb. a while ago, in the mapmaker's forum, someone suggested a lounge map.

i believe that was me.

Rambo_6
March 12, 2005, 7:06 am
Oh really?

Here's your golden cup and ribbon.

0n t0pic: I think any part of soldat being like an RPG would be a no-go. But i like the idea of a place where you can idle and gather with friends, or find someone to duel.

Wopkeuh
March 12, 2005, 12:45 pm
Hmmm, maybe you can allready make something like that yourself...

1) Make your own map (CTF) according to your description (toilets and everything)
2) Make an enclosed space for the BETA team, forcing them to join Alpha. (beta can't go anywhere)
3) Host the map (friendly fire off, duh!)
4) Maybe even disable all weapons or enable if you want fun games.
5) Enjoy.

Just thought about a few nice extras:
- (concerning #2) The beta team part should be jail. It should be a hole which is very hard to get out of (there are CTF maps where it is nearly impossible to get to the other team, try this. Or just close it up.
- A king of the hill game:
A very steep hill which is nearly impossible to reach, it has a very small platform on top. It can only be reached by a m79 jump. Try to shoot the king off and claim the hill for yourself.
- Flag shoot game:
The red flag is placed somewhere, from 2 sides a player try to shoots the flag down a trench on the opposite side (i recommend a machine gun there). When the flag is down you win :)

You guys know what? I'll try to make this map, with my ideas and those of Captain Ben :D
That is... if you guys think this idea is good enough. It would be pointless to create if no one wants to join.

Captain Ben
March 12, 2005, 12:50 pm
i also forgot to mention that players could wear their chosen colours, so making a ctf_map would be pointless... nice idea though, give it a try :D

Wopkeuh
March 12, 2005, 12:59 pm
It would have a nice ring to it though: the red-shirt-club.... If the admin doesn't like you, you get tossed in jail and are forced to wear the blue shirt of shame ;)

zyxstand
March 12, 2005, 10:22 pm
the whole idea would be a different game, of course. you can't expect big M to have a different game mode for lounge unless it won't be that much differnet. like in my mmorpg suggetions it would requrie a whole new game so i don think we're gonna go there...

papasurf31
March 12, 2005, 10:57 pm
While we're dreaming: I'd like a million bucks and a pony. A pink one. With ribbons in her hair. Named Rainbow.

Magniitude
March 12, 2005, 11:01 pm
would you ride it day and night?

Yes, soldat is not an mmorpg, action game, chatroom, etc. If you want, put some custom scenery in and have no one shoot, but people dont come play soldat to chat in a lounge.

Wopkeuh
March 13, 2005, 12:11 am
I'll just make the lounge level and notify you when it's finished. Anyone interested can PB me and I'll tell you when I host a lounge game. Making a special lounge mode in the game would cost too much effort for such a small update, it can be simulated.

Captain Ben
March 13, 2005, 12:52 am
don't forget the pirate ship...

Wopkeuh
March 14, 2005, 12:21 am
Just finished v0.1 of the map. It features the following:
- A bio-dome
- 2 toilets
* 1 urinal which has been tested with the /piss command
* 1 normal toilet which is too high for /piss, but you can sit on it ;)
- 3 games
* King of the hill (shoot a guy down from the elevated platform)
* American gladiators (2 guys on elevated platforms have to shoot eachother down)
* Flag shot (shoot the flag down the opposite pocket using the stationary gun)
- A jail
* Still too easy to get out, but players outside of the jail can make it a lot harder on the bluecoats doing hard time ;)
- An empty spot
* I thought of placing the lounge there, but the biodome serves nicely as lounge too, so maybe something else??

Anyone interested in testing it with me (especially the games) send me a personal message.

lastpatriot
March 14, 2005, 1:21 am
I like this idea

Wopkeuh
March 15, 2005, 9:58 am
First testing will be this afternoon. If you want to join, send me a PM today :D

Captain Ben
March 15, 2005, 10:03 am
count me in you spunk!
one thing: is the lounge-club pink and does it have a pirate ship?

Wopkeuh
March 15, 2005, 5:37 pm
The testing's over, but the main lounge is still to be made and a pirate ship wouldn't be such a bad idea :D

PM me with your XFire name and I'll show you the map.

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 6:55 pm
you have such !?!!**! ideas CB
so go andplay this instead habbo hotel

DT
March 15, 2005, 7:20 pm
how about this being a gamemode with rules like....
no one takes damage from gunfire
i don't know... something to that effect

Vanana
March 15, 2005, 9:37 pm
this is an ACTION game not a chat game...
this can be replaced with a single chat system in lobby as i suggested it here:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=21982 :P

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 9:57 pm
yah this is for fiting not chatting. maybe someone to duel with is a good idea..... BAHA!!!