( search forums )
new way bots get around
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Bot Forum
zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 12:47 am
i have mentioned this in some reply that noone's gonna read anyways so here it is:

this calls forth for a new way for bots to manage to get around the map. They basically have they're own braing and are able to get around wihtout waypoitns just by knowing where polygons are. They basically have a really good artifical intelligent brain. So they know how to get to a person and can calculate how long it'll take to get there and go there very efficiently. they can also know how to get to the flag the fastest and have programmed where the flag is for each map because every player normally knows where it is. also, they would know where to camp and will be able to attack if the enemy is close enough for a good surprise attack (or if he has snkper). there are many new possibilities for having a better AI.
kinda like in the game liquid war the way the individual particles get to the cursor expeditiously.

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 2:37 am
y not just waypoint it so they just go to flag or camp in a certain spot. how long did it take for you to think this up,i just dont really think you understand wat your saying.

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 2:59 am
It may sound easy, Zyx, but I imagine it would be very hard to program. Waypointing sucks, i know, but presently there is no better solution. The thing we should be pondering now is how to make it easier and faster to make waypoints on a map...