( search forums )
Tried absolutely everything...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 1:32 am
I am new to soldat and got the great chance to play it for the past few days. However, on Wednesday, soldat began to not give me any servers at all. I have been trying all I can to get the game to connect. I look at the stickies and tried ALL the suggestions there. All the backup servers list end up just not connecting at all. It will just say "requesting game...". When I request servers it says "lobby server... blah blah". The all seeing eye will also not find any servers. Nothing works! Im fiending for this game and really wanna play! Please if you can help me I would appreciate it.

Just to note: I am running win xp, have netscape internet(56k), and have zone alarm as my firewall!

Please please help!

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 1:57 am
Have you tried disabling your firewall temporarily (both your Zone Alarm firewall and your Internet Firewall provided by XP) to see if the servers show up then?

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 2:09 am
Yes, I tried shutting down ZA to no avail. Also I can't qquite figure out where to find that XP firewall, I'm pretty sure it is on.

The strange thing is whenever I played befoe ZA did not seem to bother soldat.

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 2:35 am
Perhaps you've blocked the ports that Soldat uses somehow?

To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall

1. Open Network Connections (Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double?click Network Connections as shown in Figure 1 below.)
Figure 1. Open Control Panel, then open Network Connections.

[IMAGE]

Figure 1. Open Control Panel, then open Network Connections.

Note If your Control Panel is set to Category View, click Network and Internet Connections as show in Figure 2 below. Then click Network Connections as show in Figure 3.
In Category View, click Network and Internet Connections

[IMAGE]

Figure 2. In Category View, click Network and Internet Connections.
In Category View, click Network Connections

[IMAGE]

Figure 3. In Category View, click Network Connections.

2. Click to select the Dial?up, LAN or High?Speed Internet connection that you want to protect as shown in Figure 4 below.
Click on the connection that you want to protect

[IMAGE]

Figure 4. Click on the connection that you want to protect.

3. In the task pane on the left, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection as shown in Figure 5 below.
(Or, within the Network Connections folder, right-click on the connection that you want to protect and then click Properties as shown in Figure 6 below.)
Under Network Tasks on the left, click Change settings of this connection

[IMAGE]

Figure 5. Under Network Tasks on the left, click Change settings of this connection.
Alternatively, right-click on the connection, and click Properties

[IMAGE]

Figure 6. Alternatively, right-click on the connection, and click Properties.

4. On the Advanced tab as shown in Figure 7 below, under Internet Connection Firewall, select one of the following:

To enable Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.

To disable Internet Connection Firewall, clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box. This disables the firewall, your computer and network are then vulnerable to intrusions.
Enable Internet Connection Firewall

[IMAGE]

Figure 7. Check the box to enable the firewall.

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 2:39 am
Alas this is also to no avail. It has no effect :( This really stinks. But I REALLY appreciate the help!

moderate_rock482
March 13, 2005, 3:11 am
Im having the same problems, i have been playing for a while, I even played today, but it just stopped getting the servers for me this evening. I have made sure my firewall allows soldat, I even turned it off. I reinstalled 3 times, nothing I cant get the list of servers. It is very frustrating

Aegis
March 13, 2005, 7:37 am
This is not an isolated problem. I and a few others are experiencing this problem as well. However, although Soldat cannot seem to contact the lobby server I can reach it via the webpage just fine.
A temporary solution for all those effected by this is simply to join through this page(http://lobby.soldat.pl/) by clicking on the server.

Denacke
March 13, 2005, 9:18 am
The lobby server is down at the moment, I suggest waiting a bit. :)

moderate_rock482
March 13, 2005, 7:10 pm
grrr! I cant get the servers through the webpage now. It worked just fine a few minutes ago! this is very frustrating.

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 10:28 pm
Aegis, thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it still won't work for me no matter what backup page I go to.

Elemental
March 14, 2005, 9:45 pm
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=21970
;D