( search forums )
Keep secondary weapon when dead?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 3:16 am
I dislike the fact that when a soldier with a chainsaw or LAW as their secondary dies, it sticks out of their back like it's been stabbed through their chest. Why not make them drop it when they die, so other soldiers can pick it up?

Captain Ben
March 13, 2005, 4:13 am
but it would make it harder to pick up a certain weapon.
imagine, in real life, killing someone who had a gun in their hand and a knife in their pocket...
most likely, they'll drop their gun before their knife falls out of their pocket!
it also looks alot cooler :P

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 4:17 am
I would only want LAW/chainsaw to fall of the player's back when they die, since it would in real life.

Captain Ben
March 13, 2005, 4:31 am
who would carry a chainsaw on their back anyway?

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 5:20 am
The soldiers in soldat, of course!

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 5:36 am
good idea...sounds like something that someone would have suggested b4...but i don think it has

i support it...i get pissed when i kill a person with a barret while they JUST pulled out their LAW and then they die...cuz i can't poull off a cool "switch ur gun and drop it and pick his up and kill the guy behind u" which looks rly cool. however, it's also awesome if you kill the person who just had a chainsaw out and drop your gun, pick it up and dive through the other person with it!

Captain Ben
March 13, 2005, 8:38 am
assuming, they don't hang back and kill you by then :P

MercyM
March 13, 2005, 11:37 am
I actually like this idea a lot.

SPARTAN_III
March 13, 2005, 11:55 am
consider this:

if you get killed with a chainsaw on your back, you will fal on the saw. that is painful, and it will come out the other side. i say dont make it stick up, and yes u should be able to pick up secondaries

March 13, 2005, 1:27 pm
Its a coding error that appears when you go prone. Michal will fix it next version

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 3:56 pm
[navy] But when you have a LAW or chainsaw on your back even when you are not prone, it still sticks out weird when you dieavy]

Adin
March 14, 2005, 3:28 am
On the note of picking up weapons how about an options panel for the weapons that you dont want your guy to pick up, im sick of sorting through steyrs and baretts to find my knife :P

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 14, 2005, 5:58 am
agreed, it would really increase my battle effectiveness if I don't have to sort though 5 weapons to get to my knife

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 6:39 am
yes i hate trying to pick up some guys m79 to go with my mp5 or deagles and gettin like miniguns and macroguns and all sorts of junk