( search forums )
Remote 'Armouries'
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 4:16 am
I think it would be cool if Soldat had a spawn (much like the stat guns) that looked like a small rifle rack. when you stand 'inside' it for 3 seconds, a weapon picking menu appears.

I think this could be easily implememted. 3n3sc3 could even help with its production, since i beleive he made a hack allowing you to switch guns in any place, any time.

There could be different kind of weapon-switch places too. I had some ideas:

1. Heavy Explosives Armoury: when you enter this gun rack, you can switch any of your weapons to the following: M79 or LAW. you also pick up one extra grenade when you enter this gun rack.

2. Support armoury: You can choose from these weapons in this armoury: Minigun, Minimi, Deagles, Chainsaw, LAW

3. Precision Weapons Armoury: You get to choose from: Steyr AUG, Barret, Ruger, SOCOM. Also, you slowly recover half your health when inside this armoury.

4. Automatics Armoury: You can choose: MP5, Ak-74 and Steyr AUG

5. Secondary weapons armoury: You can choose any secondary weapon when inside this armoury.

6. All weapons armoury: You can pick whatever primary you want in this armoury.

Armouries could help to create pressure points, as both sides would want to get ahold of it for their team.

What does teh everyone think?

Captain Ben
March 13, 2005, 4:34 am
i'd like to see gun racks put in certain areas on maps, via mapmaker :P
but wouldn't it take away some of the challenge?
instead of trying to survive with what you've got, go just go to the gun rack and get another minigun- it would take away some of the challenge.
it would fit in nice with my lounge idea...

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 5:44 am
lol tru that cptn. ben. but maybe just gun racks clearly showing the guns from the side so you recognize them (one type of gun per rack) and when you walk past it it'll replace your current weapon. i'd love to see myself just kill a guy with my sniper then run past the rack and get deagles and blow the other guy's brains off!

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 6:00 am
To avoid unwanted gun switches, the racks would need you to stand inside for 3 seconds. It would annoy people if they switched guns without wanting to.

Vijchtidoodah
March 13, 2005, 6:21 am
I don't like this idea at all...soldat wasn't meant for you to run around changing weapons willy-nilly. However, I do think that if you press the tab button after a spawn, when you haven't moved anywhere, that it should bring up the weapons menu again in case you accidentally picked the wrong weapon or something.

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 6:25 am
good idea... how bout while you're in the rack you gotta press TAB to change gun. your old gun will just disapear. (disapear is spelled with two p's but i'm jsut too lazy to change it!)

Swarmer
March 13, 2005, 8:02 am
youd need to implement something to prevent people abusing it by grabbing a law, Firing it, and then getting another one. 3 second laws would be cool but unfair.

i think they should have a reload time themselves: after you grab a weapon, the armory doesnt work for 10 seconds.

Captain Ben
March 13, 2005, 8:34 am
maybe not ten seconds, but you should have to reload it, so with barrets and laws, etc you can't use it immediately...

reckon
March 13, 2005, 8:40 am
Or perhaps the armories are only usuable once a life, making your more aware of what weps you need in a varied situation.

DeMonIc
March 13, 2005, 9:41 am
This would rawk for ctf and inf maps. I love it.
However, I think it should be disableable server side, like Stat Guns.

JiggaBlue
March 13, 2005, 10:47 am
Not good, this would just make secondarys useless.

MercyM
March 13, 2005, 11:36 am
I'd like to see this in Soldat. Would really fit into inf_Abel...

papasurf31
March 13, 2005, 12:51 pm
Then wouldn't people camp at armories, say with a barret so they can snipe and change weapons and still regnenerate health?

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 4:09 pm
Well only one of the armouries mentioned actually {slowly} heals you halfway.

and if the idea that swarmer posted was implemented, campers would have a very hard time.

To stop people from shooting their weapon, then picking another up, you could make the armoury have, like, a limited stock. That way, a person who camps and keeps switching weapons will generally not be welcome to his side, since he's wasting away the valuable resources.

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 4:09 pm
Well only one of the armouries mentioned actually heals you halfway.

and if the idea that swarmer posted was implemented, campers would have a very hard time.

To stop people from shooting their weapon, then picking another up, you could make the armoury have, like, a limited stock. That way, a person who camps and keeps switching weapons will generally not be welcome to his side, since he's wasting away the valuable resources.

Cocio
March 13, 2005, 4:31 pm
i like the idea, but i think the regenerate health armoury would suck...
but it's an ok idea, with a bit of changes ;)

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 7:26 pm
or if you can just make armouries in places where you can't camp in them to shoot ppl. like somewhere where it's hard to get to! so that way there's no point in camping there. or make the floor beneath it hurt you so you only stay there for short time.

Mini Man
March 13, 2005, 8:57 pm
Ooooo, very nice idea, one thing...like someone said above u have to press Tab to access it & only useable once a life & the start reload times are the same as when you originally get a gun.

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 9:13 pm
good idea.....

Unlucky 13
March 17, 2005, 9:03 am
Hey, Spas isnt in one of thos amories! AHH!
Anyway... I really think it isn't a tops idea, but, hey, it surpasses alot of others!

m00`
March 17, 2005, 9:49 am
i think that if u stay at armory too long u should die to prevent campers

Green Barret
March 17, 2005, 5:37 pm
The need for secondaries would disappear... MP5 + Barret or AUG + M79 etc users would rule to the point where no one would need secondaries.

Rambo_6
March 18, 2005, 2:33 am
Maybe it could be done in such a way that you cannot exchange your secondary wep? Like you have to be holding your secondary/primary weapons in order to be able to access the armoury. Once you have accessed it, you cannot choose two primary guns.

zyxstand
March 18, 2005, 4:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 Maybe it could be done in such a way that you cannot exchange your secondary wep? Like you have to be holding your secondary/primary weapons in order to be able to access the armoury. Once you have accessed it, you cannot choose two primary guns.

problem with that idea is that it uses a very specific and realistically unreasonable reason to rpevent spammiong - that's one of the many difficulties to get around when developing new ideas for games...instead i would suggest that you'd have to be holding a secondary to exchange for another secondary...
however it is tru that the need for secondaries would fade so therefore i'm chaning my position on this dea and have to unfoturnately say that i'm now rather against it.

Rambo_6
March 18, 2005, 4:45 am
Well if this idea could be tinkered with to prevent people using double secondaries, it would work.

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 1:56 pm
i like this idea....

Marine
March 20, 2005, 5:26 am
This will be abused when people either:

1. Run to weapons rack to change immediately to Barrett, and kill their pursuer.

Or

2. Fire off a round with Barrett or LAW, then go back and immediately "switch" weapons and eliminate reload time.

Or in many other ways. But the general idea seems good enough. I'm for some sort of version of this.

zyxstand
March 20, 2005, 5:39 am
uh, do u read the replies? cuz often they answer questions/problems u are about to ask, marine... someone b4 stated that when u get the weapon from the armoury, the newly-acquired weapon will be jsut as if u just spawned with it - this means that barret will have to reload but with full ammo. however the law could be a tiny problem... i would say let law be ready 1/3 of the way - that way if u switch it u don get that much ahead.

Marine
March 20, 2005, 5:51 am
Is it necessary for you to type like an epileptic five year old?

A 10 second rule probably wouldn't work, cause you'd just get killed so fast if you're standing there. Or get knocked away by an explosion or pesky teammate.

peemonkey
March 20, 2005, 5:58 am
well different kinds = not as much whoring.
what about in the mapmaker, there's a checkbox thing with what guns can be picked up from it? that way you can make 1 AK74 box for one side, and one AUG box for the other, and play CS-style?

Roy
March 20, 2005, 7:24 pm
No.

Stop trying to change Soldat, damnit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Rambo_6
March 21, 2005, 2:16 am
Ironic that you're posting that in the Improvements/Suggestions forum. If you read any of the other replies, you'd see that this idea is indeed quite reasonable, if implemented properly by MM.

If it could be set that you keep the amount of reload time that you had when you had your old weapon, it would eliminate people switching weapons and immediately firing/tossing it back.

And if the map maker had the ability to choose what weapons can be swapped, it would prevent people from picking out barrets or M79s and instantly firing.

And to make the armoury suit soldat's fast paced action, it could be made to allow you to stand nearby and press a preset button to activate the weapon chooser screen. You would then quickly pick a new weapon, and be on your way. Camping near the armoury would be useless, since you'd still have to wait the appropriate amount of time for your weapons to reload.

zambo_the_clown
March 21, 2005, 3:48 am
i think soldat needs to stay where it's at. maybe some kinda armory deal but it mainly needs animations screnery like smoke and water effects, maybe a few more weps.

Vanana
March 21, 2005, 10:22 pm
it would revolutionate the whole soldat theme...
not good idea :/

peemonkey
March 22, 2005, 1:59 am
how about not saying 'keep soldat how it is' in the improvement area? why not say why it would not work? there's a reason we have this section, adn that's so that soldat doesnt get so boring that alot of people leave. imagine not having the combat knife or law, ricochets or stat guns. people suggest good things, and they get implemented. i personally think this is a good one.
so dont just post because you dont like it. post WHY you dontl ike it.

Rambo_6
March 22, 2005, 2:38 am
*sigh*

This idea would not revolutionize soldat... If there were an armoury in the middle of ctf_Kampf, i bet 9/10 people who take the lower route would not bother to use it. It would be way too risky since it requires that they stand still and pick out a new weapon. During that time someone could come up to them and chainsaw them.

I had an idea for an armoury where there is only one random primary/secondary gun in it. When you pick up the one primary/secondary gun, you replace it with your old gun. The next person to visit the armoury can only choose the weapon that you dropped previously. This way, the armoury could be like a gun trade zone for those too tired of their gun they currently had, and like a change.

I still think this idea is good. none of you have brought up any valid arguements on why it is a bad idea.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 11:27 pm
This idea wouldn't work. The idea is FIERCE, RELENTLESS combat, and that would make it to easy.

Rambo_6
March 23, 2005, 2:48 am
How? This addition would make the 'FIRECE, RELENTLESS COMBAT' have more conflicted areas. both teams would have to work together to gain and hold the armouries.

dv297
March 23, 2005, 4:54 am
maybe for race maps like if you need a minigun for one part and then need to switch to m79

other wise, I don't think we need this.

Gen0cide
March 23, 2005, 4:59 am
Yeah..You hardly ever live for longer than 45 seconds at the most..
So what makes you think you'd have time to stop in the middle of 10 angry soldats,and pick a new weapon?
*gunfire* STOP,I NEED A NEW WEAPON....Ok,go.

DT
March 23, 2005, 3:52 pm
it would be nice if i charge ahead to get the flag and don't get it crit wounded with my law gone and go to a armory and get my law back...
or if i needed new deagles or a ak for long range...
i mean if you want a extra primary just get a dead man's one
but...

what if this was a game mode...or something...
capture the armorys... yea...

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 23, 2005, 4:48 pm
all should be health regenarators that would make it better and

noob amoury: minigun + chainsaw automatically picked :D

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 7:38 pm
gun racks should be for ctf or inf in the other teams bases, im not against the idea, it just needs some rules, like, the gun rack cant be 2 screens out of the teams base, OR the gun rack is in the middle of the map where all the action happens