( search forums )
Awesome new m79 death!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 5:24 am
I've been reading articles about civilians finding old, unexploded m79 heads in certain areas way out east....

It got me thinking, what if, instead of always blowing the person up (when it is a definite kill), the m79 shell kills the victim, but becomes lodged in their carcass every once in a while (without blowing up)? Then when the carcass (and shell) hit the ground, B000000M! Instant gore!

Or what if the shell didn't always immediately blow up on impact (on rare occasions)? The shell would blow up after 3-5 seconds, so you would have to be careful where you tread.
If this idea were implemented, it would look awesome in soldat!

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 5:34 am
well, it'd be awesome if the shell just continues to pull the person with it and maybe slow down b.c of this impact and the person can still shoot anywhere he wants until - BOOM - the shell hits something and blows up. you could get awesome multi kills (meaning many) this way - stack 'em up and blow their guts out = SHAZZAM!

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 5:49 am
I don't like the idea of the person still being alive, it would look too wierd.

Plus, i doubt many would live after having an explosive shell lodged in their gut.

reckon
March 13, 2005, 7:11 am
Well if it were to lodge in their bodies, massive bink would take effect nulling their shots, no matter how well aimed.

Captain Ben
March 13, 2005, 8:36 am
it would be awesome! you shoot them, they fly back (dead), hit a wall and explode!!

MercyM
March 13, 2005, 11:38 am
This should be very cool, but that shouldn't be, if always they do that.

Jaz
March 13, 2005, 1:06 pm
Only if you get a perfect headshot ^^. It gets stuck in there head, they fall back. Hopefully onto there teammates and boom you got a multi kill ! :D

Michal
March 13, 2005, 6:55 pm
The M79 and LAW in real life both arm after crossing a certain distance. So maybe it should be that when someone is hit with an M79 nade or LAW rocket at too close range it rips through them then explodes once it reaches the appropriate distance.
I think that would look pretty cool :P

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 7:14 pm
or how bout being able to manually explode them by pressing a button, maybe like the fire button again (as long as M79 is still selected) and you can't fire to M79 shots at the same time therefore. and if you die and your projectile is still flying you can't manually explode it (duh). it'll blow up on impact.

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 7:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by MichalThe M79 and LAW in real life both arm after crossing a certain distance. So maybe it should be that when someone is hit with an M79 nade or LAW rocket at too close range it rips through them then explodes once it reaches the appropriate distance.

Oh man...imagine that in bullet time...Just makes you tingle all over. But what if there is a person right behind the one you just shot close range with the M79/LAW? Does it go through both, killing them, then explode afterwards?

Vanana
March 13, 2005, 7:51 pm
yeah it'll be cool, and sometimes soldiers die with a "tic" and keep on shooting even thoug thei're dead until the magazine has finished on automatic weapons :P

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 7:59 pm
hmm, good idea vanana. Maybe for every death (except for barret, chainsaw, and any other explosvies) the soldier should continue to fire for another 2 secs in approximately the same direction as he was facing. but only for machine guns and not for the large MINI. cuz he couldn't fire like deagles continuously.

Mini Man
March 13, 2005, 8:48 pm
quote:or how bout being able to manually explode them by pressing a button, maybe like the fire button again (as long as M79 is still selected) and you can't fire to M79 shots at the same time therefore. and if you die and your projectile is still flying you can't manually explode it (duh). it'll blow up on impact.
Sorry but i really dont like this idea of manually exploding the m79, i like the previous idea of it sometimes (Rarely) getting lodged but no manual explosion.

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 6:49 am
michal's idea is the best, that would be great to get double, or even triple kills with a law at close range, then like, when it finally explodes, it kills 2 more...i dunno it would be sweet

JiggaBlue
March 14, 2005, 8:24 am
Sounds cool, but i think it should only be able to go through one person then the next person it hits it explodes.

KnOt
March 14, 2005, 4:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by MichalThe M79 and LAW in real life both arm after crossing a certain distance. So maybe it should be that when someone is hit with an M79 nade or LAW rocket at too close range it rips through them then explodes once it reaches the appropriate distance.

Sounds pretty good to me :)

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 12:05 pm
goods, goods....

Rambo_6
March 18, 2005, 2:28 am
The idea for manual exploding posted by zyx i have some problems with. Otherwise, the idea Michal posted about the distance thing would be cool. It could be like, if you kill a guy who is parachuting without blowing him up, you could keep him in your sights until he gets in range of other enemies, then you run/look away and BOOM! You have yourself a barbecue.