( search forums )
Minigun: Maybe the best weapon since 1.2.1?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Avarax
March 13, 2005, 6:54 pm
I never really tried to use Minigun. When i started playing i used it for Minigunsurfing, but i probably have like 30 minigun kills in my whole Soldat career.
Since the 1st of March a new German 1on1 Soldat League has started.
[URL]
It's the GigaLiga, Giga is a VERY popular TV Show in Germany about Gaming and Computers. Well I'm the admin in this league and 2. place atm. we have about 350 players right now and Soldat has been featured in the show 2 times already. On the 1st place is a guy called Blackdrew. His ingame name is -=BoR=-Blackdrew|Minigunpro. I know him for a while now, but he has never been well known in the german soldat community so far. But now in the Giga Liga he is unbeaten! He beat [DoG]Squirrel who is - or was - actually the best german 1on1 player so far. And he did it with Minigun only. I just fighted him and now i realized the truly amazing power of the Minigun. it kills in like 1 Second with a very good aim.
Try and train the Minigun a bit, since 1.2.1 it has this higher accuracy and its sooooo good with skill...
Your Oppinion? :P

_Mancer_
March 13, 2005, 7:04 pm
I've been using it a hell of a lot recently. People try to vote kick me from servers and stuff, and I even owned a few members of my clan with minigun. I'd say my kills are up to about 300-600 now with minigun. Amazing weapon it is now.

mar77a
March 13, 2005, 7:20 pm
Which skill do you need to use Minigun ????

Swebonny
March 13, 2005, 7:45 pm
I dont like Minigun so much..but when i must get the flag quick i use Minigun surfing. Or i just shoot out in the air for som lucky kills..

Mini Man
March 13, 2005, 9:20 pm
Are we talking about the big minigun or the Minime, because No Truly Skilled player would think its good other than for laming.(Minigun)
Minime - Another auto

wormdundee
March 13, 2005, 9:44 pm
minime is an absolutely awesome gun, its probably one of the most difficult guns to beat in a 1 on 1

minigun, while not an absolutely skillful weapon to use, is also really damn powerful now
yeh, miniguns are annoying, but they are a good weapon used for something other than laming (whatever that is) and i consider myself a "truly skilled player"

Avarax
March 13, 2005, 9:50 pm
we are talking about minigun.

Vanana
March 14, 2005, 12:19 am
it seems that the minigun sounds pretty good...ill give it a try ;)

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
March 14, 2005, 1:58 am
Minigun is very unreliable on internet servers. Sometimes it kills quickly, sometimes not at all.

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 14, 2005, 5:52 am
Minigun is the most useful thing ever when you're going up against people who have bink weapons, all they can do is slowly get shot and die because at least some of the 100 bullets is going to hit him, and theres nothing he can do to stop it.

JiggaBlue
March 14, 2005, 6:14 am
Run

DeMonIc
March 14, 2005, 8:37 am
Mmmh, I think it has something to do with '1 bullett goes up, and 1 goes down' spray system.. if you can trick that, indeed it kicks ass. I think I'm going to adapt it as my 3rd primary :)

MercyM
March 14, 2005, 11:44 am
I hate Minigun.

Icarius
March 14, 2005, 12:35 pm
HAHAHA, this has got to be a joke...

Alamo
March 14, 2005, 12:43 pm
Sounds odd... I never thought about it like that. But I guess it's worth a try... I'll see what it's worth for me in the next time.

LazehBoi
March 14, 2005, 12:46 pm
That's pretty scary.

Cocio
March 14, 2005, 1:34 pm
i've always thought minigun sux ass...
but mebbe i should try practicing a bit with it, i think ill start right away...
though it sounds really weird :\

Jiggs
March 14, 2005, 3:11 pm
M79 boosting is a lot more fun and interesting if you can start Mini-surfing two seconds later.

Social Poison
March 14, 2005, 5:41 pm
I've yet to be pwned by a minigun user. In fact, I ran into one in a server who claimed to be rather good (some time ago though). He fell before my Degales ;)

Jiggs
March 14, 2005, 6:15 pm
The problem with using the Mini as a serious weapon is that it takes too long to start up, and takes forever to reload. However, given the amount of ammo it fires, and the firing rate, that's a pretty good balance. I'd still rather use something else to kill someone, though, unless I was doing a Zombie match.

Felix
March 14, 2005, 6:29 pm
I never use it, I prefer M79, Desert Eagle, and Ruger^^.

Icarius
March 14, 2005, 7:09 pm
The problem with the minigun is that if you're fighting against someone who's capable with anything like a DE, Spas or Rugar, they are basically toast. Put bluntly, the Minigun will eat death against up close weapons, particularly DE's

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 8:28 pm
I agree, most Minigunners die before they get the chance to start up their weapon.

Avarax
March 14, 2005, 8:33 pm
well, maybe in ctf, but in 1on1s u always see the enemy and u can calculate when u have to start it

Karvinen
March 14, 2005, 8:35 pm
Minigun = lag gun. You get vote kicked because it causes lag. Stupid minidiots.

vash763
March 14, 2005, 8:39 pm
its only 1on1, not much lag

Jiggs
March 14, 2005, 10:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by Avaraxwell, maybe in ctf, but in 1on1s u always see the enemy and u can calculate when u have to start it

On the other hand, the opponent can hear the Mini starting up, and calculate how long they have to either A. Try to kill you or B. Get out of the way, and wait until your ammo runs out, then try to kill you.

You also can't really use it to surf to a flag in CTF without angering your team mates, as the bullets impede their movement, and even if you get the flag, you've got nothing to boost away with. Therefore, the best practical uses for the mini lie within two options:

A. In CTF or INF, if you have the flag and a Minigun, you can surf away.

B. In the course of just any other match, you can use it as a sort of evasive weapon, in that the spray is so powerful that nobody will want to get between you and it, and that the force will propel you away from danger.

Of course, what you do with the boost afterwards depends on your skill with your secondary of choice (Or another primary, if you've discarded your secondary and picked up another gun).

Don't get me wrong. I like the Minigun, but I realize that it has its ups and downs, just like anything else. I suppose it's not much different from the LAW, or any other weapon that some people have decided to become especially skilled at using, which a sizable portion of the players have probably overlooked at one point or another (Think of the LAWs of Gravity video. That opened my eyes up to the LAW's potential, and that is why I used it as an example).

SPARTAN_III
March 16, 2005, 1:26 pm
minigun sux

minimi pwns

but if you insist on using it, press the directional button in the direction you are aiming, so if you shoot left, walk left. this helps dampen minigun recoil.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 16, 2005, 3:01 pm
Sounds cool, can you record a demo with the minigun master?

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 4:07 pm
I 1v1ed black drew once. It was a fun match. i won 1 match, then he beat me the next 2. Checked screens, look liks I won like 3 and he won 3. I think the first couple were practcices. Must of been, he got thew in for ESl. :( he didnt use minigun though. I started using it about week before reading this post, I noticed I was getting triple and double kills left and right with it. Reaper suggested i try using it in a match since I kill in like 1 second with it. After readint this Im Tempted.

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 4:55 pm
if its 1 on 1 i would use a dam barrett, instant kill..... or no barret ruger........ or no ruger minimi........... i dont know why he would use a minigun, he must be dam good.

Icarius
March 16, 2005, 6:38 pm
Being blunt still, the spas, DE's and the rugar [IMAGE]ing murder a minigun, 2 bullet shots from a spas or a DE (when you get 7) is a lot, and it's very easy to pound through someone like that... DE's have the range and accuracy also when the player knows how to manipulate the arc also.

MercyM
March 16, 2005, 7:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiSounds cool, can you record a demo with the minigun master?
Haha, I've got some "Minigun matches" in my Demo-folder... (The only weapon in the demo is minigun... :P)

Ezko
March 16, 2005, 8:26 pm
Starting up a minigun is not a problem, if you have the know how. I am U13's best Minigunner, and I have never had a negative ratio with it. I find that in close combat maps like Voland, the Minigun is quite poor. However, in a map like Run, it is easy to use recoil to keep yourself away from Spas and Deaglers (eg above them). The bink effect puts off Ruger and Barrett aim. There is no better weapon for chasing flaggers.

Shivorken
March 16, 2005, 10:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Social PoisonI've yet to be pwned by a minigun user.

same here, minigunners always get pwned by my deagles.

chakapoko maker
March 17, 2005, 5:52 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiSounds cool, can you record a demo with the minigun master?
here at gigaliga. btw below 2 files aren't the demos of the match. there're only bots. -=]BoR[=-BlackDrew|MiniPro vs GOTFEL2
-=]BoR[=-BlackDrew|MiniPro vs Kill76 ---

i think he's well not only of minigun and aim. his terrain tactic and nade control is worth to see, though some of you'd feel it's kinda passive. he never stay at an unsafe zone. and it'd powerful to spray bullets, touching on the ceiling in a small map.

MercyM
March 17, 2005, 12:29 pm
Hmm... I'd watch this.

Avarax
March 17, 2005, 7:34 pm
yeah, he knows how to use nades.
Anyone knows that but he REALLY nows.
here is my match vs. him.
[URL]

zambo_the_clown
March 19, 2005, 7:03 pm
well the minigun is the fastest gun in the world so think about it in terms of speed, but yet, [IMAGE]ty accuracy. wish the barrels would poke out at the end.

Marine
March 20, 2005, 4:39 am
Minigun: Richochet is your friend.

March 20, 2005, 5:26 am
Minigun Uses

A. When u r desperate

B. when u feel, really, REALLY wierd

C. If you want to annoy noobs.

D. If u want to provide coverin fire.

__SnoOpy__
March 21, 2005, 6:35 am
I do not oppose using Minigun in one on one match.

In group games, it's simply lame and useless, as well lags.