( search forums )
Only a few servers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 10:05 pm
When I first installed Soldat, all worked well. Then, out of the blue, I got an error message saying "Problems connecting to lobby. If this not caused by your connecttion, try again later" But this has been going on for 2 days now.

Also, If I let it go, I get this message a few times and then I finally get about 6 or 8 servers. Sometimes I can join a game, most time there are no one in those servers to play with.

I have un-installed and re-installed so many times now I just dunno what to do anymore. If I had a registered copy, would that fix the problem?

Please help.

Cheers

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 10:15 pm
Registering won't fix the problem, no.

What you need to do is make sure nothing else is using your connection. It sounds like your connection is timing out before you can recieve the server list. Check this thread for more details.

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 11:55 pm
I saw that in your stickie but What do i do with it? It gives me a list of servers. Do I connect to the server through that? Do I have to have Soldat running when I do that?

Thanksfor your help. I still can't connect even with nothing else running in the background.

Cheers

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 12:09 am
OK got it with The All Seeing Eye. Thanks

But now I have nothing but a black screen when I connect to a game.

Thanks again

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 12:40 am
Sounds like the same problem I'm having... In fact, it probably IS the same problem I'm having!
If I find out how to fix it, I will let you know.

hock3y
March 14, 2005, 1:36 am
Just go here: http://lobby.soldat.pl:13073/

Then to join a game just click on what game you want to join.

Bold = Dedicated
Italics = Passworded

Edit: you don't need soldat open, this auto launches the game.

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 2:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mr McSkaarySounds like the same problem I'm having... In fact, it probably IS the same problem I'm having!
If I find out how to fix it, I will let you know.

I can now see the screen finally. I had changed some setting in the config of Soldat. I did reset some of them and it now works better. Still can't log on through the game itself but I can with ASE.

How do I reset the factory settings? I am starting to think this is most of my problem.

Thanks

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 5:13 pm
Just reinstall Soldat to reset your settings.

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 1:36 pm
Thanks