( search forums )
lobby server down?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 2:13 am
is it down tonight? it is for me, but i wonder if it works for other peoples. thanks
-Maiden the man

(moved to help forum - DNA.styx)

Pulp
March 14, 2005, 2:19 am

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=21970

Vijchtidoodah
March 14, 2005, 2:23 am
Hey, welcome to the forums. Most new users don't read the FAQ, or the stickies in each forum (at the top of the threads lists) before posting and end up getting into a lot of trouble. For instance, had you read the stickies in the "Need Help? Report Bugs!" section, you would have seen a thread that told you what to do if the lobby server was ever down:

"Lobby Server is not responding!

First of all make sure that in the 'lobby_servers.txt' the address is lobby.soldat.pl [and now selfkill.com]. Sometimes you have to press 'Request Servers' a couple of times for them to come up. Please check the Soldat homepage, as any future updates will be posted there.

If you have done all of the above and it still does not work that means that the Lobby server is down, which it does from time to time, so please be patient when it does."

I hope you at least glance over those so you understand how things work. If you have any questions, you can send me a Private Message by clicking on this icon [IMAGE].

Welcome to the forums!

_Mancer_
March 14, 2005, 2:26 am
Sometimes I think you're TOO nice Vijcht.

Vijchtidoodah
March 14, 2005, 2:36 am
I'm obviously just a spammer trying to get my post count up.

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 2:40 am
I have a question about this: is everyone supposed to move to the Selfkill lobby server now? If so, I need to tell all my real life buddies who don't read the forums....

Vijchtidoodah
March 14, 2005, 2:42 am
Not necessarily, all the information should be the same, but the new server will get you your data faster.

FliesLikeABrick
March 14, 2005, 3:07 am
just put both in your lobby_servers.txt

Adin
March 14, 2005, 8:11 am
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE :|

Get the server up :D!

JiggaBlue
March 14, 2005, 8:18 am
What if you add it, when the lobby comes back up will it go away or mix with the regular one?

mickle89
March 14, 2005, 10:19 am
wat is the selfkill lobby server???

b00stA
March 14, 2005, 10:42 am
Read the topic already :(

Use this as your lobby_servers.txt: http://www.soldat.pl/downloads/lobby_servers.txt

Soldat will use BOTH lobbies and you're most likely not going to notice any difference when everything's going fine.
The old lobby is having problems right now, so if you use the .txt file above, Soldat will use the fastest lobby available (right now it's selfkill.com)
Just read the topic and understand or simply use the .txt file.

Jiggs
March 14, 2005, 3:20 pm
Before I found the text file, I just spent time practicing with the weapons I'm no good with. I still hate trying to use the barret, but the Ruger is my new favorite.

In an effort to stay on-topic, however, the new lobby server list still doesn't work for me. On top of the usual message, I'm getting "Host Lookup Cancelled" as well. Hmmm...

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 11:16 pm
add both servers like so:
lobby.soldat.pl
selfkill.com