( search forums )
I got a virus
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Michal
March 14, 2005, 3:55 am
a cold or flu virus -_-

ughhh... my face is...leaking
I can't blow my nose because it will start bleeding, but whenever I sneeze it starts bleeding anyway (also flinging a large bloody booger). It's a deadly and very messy cycle.

just in time for my March break too :P

Vijchtidoodah
March 14, 2005, 4:11 am
Hehe, join the group. *snnrrrk!*

Milkman Dan
March 14, 2005, 4:27 am
i always have a cold, dont sniff near n00bface or he will go psycho

one time i was chugging coke and i laughed, the next morning i sneezed and blood went all over my shirt

Vijchtidoodah
March 14, 2005, 5:06 am
!

You should get that checked out...

*edges away...*

Michal
March 14, 2005, 5:24 am
heh, my shirt is all bloody
Milkman Dan I can imagine how your shirt looked :p
damn. why does my immune system always crap out on me just before a weekend or holiday? it's so annoying :(

mar77a
March 14, 2005, 9:15 pm
Ahh, happends to the best of us!

peemonkey
March 14, 2005, 9:20 pm
you should run adaware.... dont you have a firewall?

Droopy
March 14, 2005, 9:25 pm
I have a body and his name is pain.

?
March 14, 2005, 9:37 pm
That happens to my dad at christmas. =/

Gen0cide
March 17, 2005, 3:28 am
Yep,cold/flu going around.
Also,my birthday was two days ago,so,the ol' cold train is right on time.
Beep beep,going to sickville,happy riding,[IMAGE]er.

Vijchtidoodah
March 17, 2005, 3:59 am
I went to the doctor today, and they told me that I was dead...twice.

Unlucky 13
March 17, 2005, 4:40 am
LOL Vij, so... you are dead?
Damn... tell me how death is will you?

Gen0cide
March 17, 2005, 4:47 am
no vij i miss you..wait..wtf
Your not dead
Heh,silly doctor,tricks are for kids

If someones bugging you,just sneez,and BAM!BLOODY BOOGER BULLETS

Vijchtidoodah
March 17, 2005, 5:08 am
Well...I'm not dead, but they took two different temperatures by two different methods and each told me that I was living way past normal human range.

Gen0cide
March 17, 2005, 5:12 am
hahaha,try having a fever of 115,thats a [IMAGE].
Especially when your 13...i was so sick last year lol..I threw up 9 times in one day,and it was school pictures,I ran from the bathroom to the library in 10 seconds lol..then home

Cookie`
March 17, 2005, 5:27 am
Im sick too can't stop coughing :\

Milkman Dan
March 17, 2005, 5:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Michalheh, my shirt is all bloody
Milkman Dan I can imagine how your shirt looked :p
damn.

i was naked :/

Shivorken
March 17, 2005, 5:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Milkman Dan
i was naked :/

We didn't need to know that ... anyway, Michal, start exercising and work up your body, go to your local gym and get fitter, then you won't get sick all the time and its a good place to escape from things such as parents and homework :P

Vijchtidoodah
March 17, 2005, 6:14 am
Gen0cide, stop exaggerating. The brain's hypothalamus will stop a fever at 105.8 degrees, anything past that and you'll suffer severe brain damage.

Unlucky 13
March 17, 2005, 7:14 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahGen0cide, stop exaggerating. The brain's hypothalamus will stop a fever at 105.8 degrees, anything past that and you'll suffer severe brain damage.

Vijchti's TEYACHING POWA!

Vijchtidoodah
March 17, 2005, 7:22 am
No, teaching would involve going into much more detail (which I can, if you want).

zoldat
March 17, 2005, 7:53 am
all i can say is *snnrrrk!*

n00bface
March 17, 2005, 8:05 am
Yeah actually I do want you to go into more detail.

Captain Ben
March 17, 2005, 8:09 am
one time i got a tropical new gunea-an disease on my last visit (i go there every 3 months) and ended up spewing blood everywhere...

Unlucky 13
March 17, 2005, 8:47 am
GET INTO DETAIL VIJ!
And how did they do it by two diff... oh wait don't answer that last one.

Michal
March 17, 2005, 3:48 pm
Wow this thread exploded :D
anyways I'm pretty healthy now except for the occasional snotty cough, but I infected my sister so now she's sick :s

sorry about the others who are sick, get well soon.

DT
March 17, 2005, 4:08 pm
i had a cold and the flu for a week... so much damn makeup work... and i suffered greatly to... puss comming outa my eye.. oh god THE PAIN ARG

Alamo
March 17, 2005, 4:24 pm
Yep... same here. I had a 5-day-flu this weekend. Now I'm in the snnnnrk-phase (along with a bad cough)... I hope I'll be ok soon. But well, I'll have two weeks of holidays now! :)

papasurf31
March 17, 2005, 10:18 pm
Actually, people have reported function at temp's past 107 Farenheit. You're 105.8 is at best an average or an approximation., that applies to the majority but not all. However, 115 does sound kinda "Oh, everyone else is sick, time to make up some story and jump on the bandwagon!"

Vijchtidoodah
March 18, 2005, 4:07 am
Alright, you want more detail?

At around 106 degrees, the proteins in the body begin to denature. Denaturing is a process by which the intense heat causes the molecules to deform to a point where they can no longer function. This is exactly what happens to an egg when you cook it.

As the proteins cease to function, you lose the ability to perform many cell funtions and cells may begin to die. It isn't long before a cascade of events causes you to lose control of your body and die.

What's interesting is that the hypothalamus, though it can take you dangerously close to inhospitable temperatures, through an stroke of an evolutionary need to survive won't let you past 105.8 degrees. The only way that this can happen is if other functions in your body are imbalanced such as hydration, ion imbalance, or if you suffer a heat stroke while you have a fever.

Unlucky 13
March 19, 2005, 4:02 am
Cool!
ion imbalance! Big phrase!

Captain Ben
March 19, 2005, 4:12 am
i wish i could understand it. mmm... egg...