( search forums )
Mute
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Elemental
March 14, 2005, 8:37 pm
Well, i couldnt find anything on this, maybe i didnt look enough, but here it is:
Is the muting of player #2 a glitch?
Why is it player #2?
Will it be fixed in the next version?

I know you press /unmute 2 to fix this, but its really annoying, because i play a lot with my friends, and i dont like using up that time to do that so often..

b00stA
March 14, 2005, 8:55 pm
(moved from Gen. Disc. to Help/Bugs)

What exactly do you mean? Does Soldat mute player #2 automatically? As soon as you join a game?

Elemental
March 14, 2005, 8:56 pm
Well, sometimes, it mostly just does it throughout the game. im not alone, everyone gets this, and thats why i posted in gen. forums..

Tha Doggfather
March 14, 2005, 10:11 pm
It only happens if there are spectators present, I think this bug was already reported.

mar77a
March 14, 2005, 10:17 pm
I didn't really know this, can someone "certify" it?

Elemental
March 15, 2005, 2:45 am
it doesnt only happen with spectator. at least, for me it doesnt..anytime it happens:/

AWH_ReApEr
March 15, 2005, 3:10 am
Yep, it happens randomly to whatever poor soul is in the #2 slot in the server. They are muted for everyone. They can leave and rejoin or have everyone type /unmute 2, and everything will be fine, at least until they are "mass muted" again. It doesn't seem to happen at any time interval. It's just random. And quite annoying.

Pulp
March 15, 2005, 3:40 am
Yes, this is quite a common bug. So common a lot of people made even a taunt with the command to unmute player 2. ;)

STEELIX
March 15, 2005, 4:38 pm
Hmm, it doesn't only happen to player #2 with me...
I remember beeing player 6, and it happened.

Elemental
March 15, 2005, 8:47 pm
Thats weird:/..i hope michal can fix this in the next version.

Denacke
March 15, 2005, 8:52 pm
It only happens to player #2, spectators in it or not is irrelevant.

A way to help it 'till a bug fix comes out, is to do the following commands when you are alone in the server and are player #1
/addbot1 Sniper
/setteam5 2
This will add a bot to the red team, and the setteam will set it to spectators. now the bot will have the mute bug and other people won't be able to get nr2, thus won't get the bug.

KnOt
March 16, 2005, 9:23 pm
Another way of helping this is adding a taunt /unmute 2 .. It's not fixing it, but it makes it easier to get rid of it at least.. ;¬)