( search forums )
Package
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Elemental
March 14, 2005, 8:50 pm
I think someone should put all the recent maps into one big bundle. i know, its hard to download every single one seperately..maybe put just the good ones into a package? wacha think?

Norse
March 14, 2005, 11:29 pm
If anything, I'd say organize them by gametype. Putting them into one big mappack would take waaay tooooo looooong. Not like putting them into seperate mappacks would take the same length of time...might work. :P

Vijchtidoodah
March 15, 2005, 12:31 am
Elemental, it's your idea, so why don't you do it?

Elemental
March 15, 2005, 2:46 am
Because i dont know how:/
This is a friggin map discussions..wtf's your problem..im just giving a suggestion..jesus, chill

Norse
March 15, 2005, 4:13 pm
Dude. If you want someone to actually answer your questions then dont flame them for responding with a negative answer! Geewizz, just let this post sit here for a few days and your bound to get positive answers from someone.

Elemental
March 15, 2005, 8:50 pm
XD, its not really flaming, im commenting about his response in a nice manner, also asking him a question, and telling him to do something XD

Vijchtidoodah
March 16, 2005, 3:54 am
Elemental, sorry for sounding insulting, but asking for someone else to do work for you that you could easily accomplish is just lazy to me. However, I didn't consider that you didn't know how to. So here's your chance to learn:

Go to the new maps section and download all the (good) maps that you want in a bundle, but be sure to write down which ones you actually took. If you want, but beware that it'll really slow down the loading time of the thread for people with slow computers, you can also gather all the pictures (just the url) to show later, and possibly the links to the thread.
Take all the PMS files and place them into one folder named "Maps", and since most maps have custom scenery and textures, take all of those and put them into their respective folders: "Scenery-gfx" and "Textures".
Select all of the folders at once, and right click on one. Then, either select Send To > Compressed (Zipped) Folder, or if you have WinRAR, select Add To Archive.
Upload the files (and possibly the screenshots, if you're doing that) into one of these sites: [URL], m00's uploader, or whatever website you have.
Find your files, (http://laughingllamas.com/members/yourname/uploads/, or for m00's the link above) and copy down the url by right clicking on the item and selecting properties (there may be a lot of information, just look for the one that either says "address").
Create a thread, explain what you have, and make a list of all the maps that are in the package with credits to their authors.
Under each one, add a link to it's thread by using the code
[ url]AddressGoesHere.com[ /url]*[/code] and add the pictures by using the code[code][ img]AddressGoesHere.com[ /img]*

Finally, add the link to download the file using the code
[ url="AdressGoesHere.com]Download[ /url]*
For ease, you may want to add two - one at the top of the page and one at the bottom.

*All of those codes have spaces in them so that you can see what they look like (otherwise they would make actual links), just get rid of any spaces between the brackets [] and they should work fine.

If you have any questions, you can PM me.

I hope to see what you come up with soon!

Elemental
March 16, 2005, 8:42 pm
hehe, ya, im sorry about being all mean to ya too..this package wouldn't be just for me though, it would be for everyone that doesnt wanna go through all the pages of maps..ill see if i can make the package :D