( search forums )
Old Mp3 style back
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 11:43 pm
The new Mp3 "playlist" kinda is hard to figure out and is hard to handle plus there is that infinate loop that goes around and around and around. Gets annoying after a while but I think that the old style Mp3 handleing is better. I don't want to think when I get home from school. Or...make two versions with different settings like...one with old Mp3 handling style and one with new playlist style. I don't even keep playlists anyways.

MercyM
March 15, 2005, 5:22 am
Yeah, I'd like to see the older one too.

Krios
March 16, 2005, 1:13 am
Yeah I like your thinking Nomad, the old Mp3 style back I can see it now. Well I know ALOT of people wouldn't be fiddling around their computer trying to get the playlist not to loop....lol I hate that when it happens...everyone tries to talk to me then I'm like I can't see writing.

Maxx
March 17, 2005, 11:07 pm
I think the old mp3 list should be back, but you should also be able to make playlists in normal mp3 format, instead of m3u so it wouldn't act incredibly stupid.

The music list NEEDS TO BE FIXED, PLEASE!

Thank you.

Zero72
March 17, 2005, 11:23 pm
I think the m3u idea is much better than MP3s.

Although the bug that tends to occur when the m3u ends is a pain in the wazoo.

Krios
March 17, 2005, 11:56 pm
OMG ok how can you like the M3U idea...it's much harder to use...and it goes around in a clumsy loop after all your songs that have been added to your playlist.

Elemental
March 17, 2005, 11:58 pm
you press F5 to stop it..

Zero72
March 17, 2005, 11:58 pm
Editing an M3U is no problem with WinAmp, and it allows you to easily make multiple playlists and switch among them within Soldat's options. Also, you can have an unlimited number of tunes, much unlike the clumsy system of having to line up a bunch of MP3s within the game. I found the M3U system vastly better.

Krios
March 18, 2005, 12:01 am
Yeah F5 to stop but what are you going to do for music? I just use Skeptik's Mp3 lister thingy it works quite good.

MonkeyHead79
March 18, 2005, 8:23 pm
Just fix the bug where the m3u seizures endlessly after finishing (and sometimes even before), and I'll be happy. Bringing back mp3 support would be fine too, just don't ditch the m3u support. :p

And while we're on the subject, I just want to point out that I really want the music level adjuster to affect custom playlists as well (like everyone else). Perhaps even put volume level sliders somewhere on the in-game pause menu? There are more occasions than I can count where it would have been handy to change the music (or sfx) volume in-game.

Sorry if I went too far off-topic. Please don't hurt me.

Krios
March 18, 2005, 11:43 pm
hey monkey buy a multimedia keyboard which works great for that but there's no point in putting in volume sliders...