( search forums )
I hate fundamentalist extremists.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
AerialAssault
March 15, 2005, 4:20 am
i was sitting here minding my own business. then all of a sudden some asshat IMs me asking if i believe in creationism or evolution. i say evolution cause it makes more sense to me really (with all due respect to people of other denominations). then im slammed in the face with a "omg how can you believe in the crap?!?!?" personally i'm sick and tired of debating religion or any form of it, especially those closed minded christians who wont for a second admit it's possible that they could be wrong. i cant stand fundamentalist extremists like that. "you're going to hell!" this and "you dont believe the right things!" that...when will it end? are people so stupid to the point where they don't realize that belief is an involuntary thing within your mind. its totally out your hands what you believe, rather... its influenced by personal experiences and other people's arguments. i'm an atheist, but i dont go around telling christians "you are stupid and everything you believe is wrong." i dont say that to them out of pure politeness and decency. but thats just courtesy, i think they are all either brainwashed/stupid/afraid of their own mortality. however this doesnt apply to only christians, i think the same of any other religious group. but i dont confront them and piss them off. UGH! i hate people.

[/rant]

Skate4Razors
March 15, 2005, 4:30 am
Evolution is the way to go for me. And if I'm wrong, I'd rather go to Hell, seems a lot more fun. Heaven sounds boring. Those stupid mormon people that try and get me in their cult piss me off! :O

AerialAssault
March 15, 2005, 4:39 am
thats what im sayin. if i'm evil and satan is evil. wouldnt we have fun together messing with the children of the world?

Milkman Dan
March 15, 2005, 4:58 am
yeah power of satan! you're all coming to hell with me! :D

i need company, it may get lonely :'(

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 5:02 am
AerialAssualt, do you ever get ppl coming to ur house to try and sell you a bible or entrance into heaven for something equally stuid like joining their religion? They are worse b/c once u start talking to them they dont go away.

n00bface
March 15, 2005, 5:04 am
i don't necessarily believe in christianity, but it's starting to piss me off how atheists think they have everything all figured out and try to disprove everyone elses beliefs. ironically, most atheists are in their teens.

quote: but i dont go around telling christians "you are stupid and everything you believe is wrong." i dont say that to them out of pure politeness and decency. but thats just courtesy, i think they are all either brainwashed/stupid/afraid of their own mortality.

I beg to differ a lot. seems like you're always calling christians stupid / wrong. maybe not up front, but what the hell do you think you're doing now?

Let me answer that for you:
quote:i think they are all either brainwashed/stupid/afraid of their own mortality.

AerialAssault
March 15, 2005, 5:04 am
i like Jehova's witnesses, they provide me with so much fun. I often answer the door naked with an executioners mask on and a pentagram drawn on my chest with a sharpie asking if they'll help me by standing at the other 2 "points" on the floor. XD

AerialAssault
March 15, 2005, 5:07 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacei don't necessarily believe in christianity, but it's starting to piss me off how atheists think they have everything all figured out and try to disprove everyone elses beliefs. ironically, most atheists are in their teens.

quote: but i dont go around telling christians "you are stupid and everything you believe is wrong." i dont say that to them out of pure politeness and decency. but thats just courtesy, i think they are all either brainwashed/stupid/afraid of their own mortality.

I beg to differ a lot. seems like you're always calling christians stupid / wrong. maybe not up front, but what the hell do you think you're doing now?

Let me answer that for you:
quote:i think they are all either brainwashed/stupid/afraid of their own mortality.

i guess im a bit of a hypocrite, i try to not be like that, but i can't help but lash out at them a bit here and there.

peemonkey
March 15, 2005, 5:11 am
people've tried feeding me religion all my life. not to be offenseive or anything (says jesus's vagina) but they all gotta stop trying this [IMAGE]. if someone doesnt have the same beleifs as you, doesnt mean they're going to 'hell'. hell, they're religion mightn ot even have one, so you're basically saying if you dont convert now yu'll be in the bad part of our religion for eternity. KILL KILL KILL
[/agrees with AA, but in a more peemonkey fashion]

frogboy
March 15, 2005, 5:23 am

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening [1] and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament [2] in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, [3] the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day [4] from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, [5] and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. 21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. 23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth [6] upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing [7] seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, [8] I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

wormdundee
March 15, 2005, 5:24 am
Yeh, I would say some parts of evolution make sense (i.e. microevolution), but, ah, macroevolution, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. So yeh, creationism.

Anyways, Jehovah's Witnesses are funny. I think they all drive PT Cruisers.

peemonkey
March 15, 2005, 5:45 am
what doesnt make sense to you? YOU BETTER BELIEVE SILENCE OR YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND ARE GOING TO HELL....wait, there's no proof of hell....so nevermind. you will stop exsisting as a whole and become part of the earth and go back into the water system

Elephant_Hunter
March 15, 2005, 5:53 am
My religion is that I am god. Straight up and simple, living is for entertainment.

Milkman Dan
March 15, 2005, 6:05 am
AAAH FROGBOY GET AWAY!

Captain Ben
March 15, 2005, 6:08 am
i don't put up with any of that [IMAGE].
i don't believe in god. AND I [IMAGE]ING HATE JESUS!!
and if you've ever seen south park's idea of heaven and hell, i'd rather go to hell...
"hey everyone! let's compose a play on how alchahol can ruin your life!"

Cookie`
March 15, 2005, 6:27 am
Lol i like the ones that hang out downtown and say your going to hell :D and try to give you brochures and say crazy things

Captain Ben
March 15, 2005, 6:35 am
i hate them... i was walking home from the beach the other day and these two god fanatics came and gave me a newspaper about a heroin addict who was amazingly 'cured' by attending :P

Kazuki
March 15, 2005, 12:50 pm
Pff, religion is like trying to force the idea of the boogieman into someone's head. It's probably one of the worst things to happen to humankind.

I'm not saying it's all bad. There are some good points to religion, like life guidelines, and goals that give you hope, but personally, I'd rather have my own religion and I'd rather believe whatever the hell I want to believe.

MercyM
March 15, 2005, 12:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboy
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening [1] and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament [2] in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, [3] the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day [4] from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, [5] and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. 21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. 23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth [6] upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing [7] seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, [8] I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

OH MY EYES!

Jaz
March 15, 2005, 1:40 pm
I don't take time learning about religions......I only know about christianity cos I went to a catholiuc school where it was Jesus is great, hail jesus..blahblah. If I was a god I dont think id need people worshiping me and praying etc

all I want to know is how the world started

MercyM
March 15, 2005, 1:45 pm
The Big Bang? Bwhaha... :P Nobody knows.

LazehBoi
March 15, 2005, 1:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by JazJesus is great, hail jesus..blahblah.

Sounds familliar. :o
It's not like knowing how we all came to be would change anything, and even if you do people who believe in something else will say that you're wrong.

I don't give a damn about how it was made, I don't care for religion and I don't care much for science. How we came to be, it doesn't matter; we're here now. Meh. Just my thoughts on this never ending train of bullcrap.

papasurf31
March 15, 2005, 3:27 pm
The Big Bang refers to Adam and Eve getting it on for the first time, right?

peemonkey
March 15, 2005, 4:21 pm
no, the big ban was between Eve and the snake (satan). adam was off crying in the woods, eating the Kopenduu's. that's why you never hear about them, they tasted like marshmellows.

DeMonIc
March 15, 2005, 5:00 pm
That solves the mystery of my tongue looking like a fork.

Famine
March 15, 2005, 8:10 pm
quote:My religion is that I am god. Straight up and simple, living is for entertainment.

You think a lot like a satanist.

n00bface
March 15, 2005, 8:29 pm
Let's not forget that more than half of you who posted here (if not all) celebrate christmas.

Edit, for sake of argument that a bunch of you still celebrate christmas..
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault herei want some Agate, geologist, can i have some agate please?

i also want a gig of ram, and a new monitor, and a copy of half life 2

Soo, how's that atheism workin' out for ya.

peemonkey
March 15, 2005, 9:09 pm
not me! im poor! :D

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 9:15 pm
Something some of you might find interesting....

Evolution of a Creationist

The best parts are Chapter 10 and Marvel of God's Creation #10

Enjoy....

Maxx
March 15, 2005, 9:41 pm
Hi, i'm a Chrstian.

Catholics aren't Christians, they worship mary.(stupid)

Jehova's witness are just screwed up and scare me.(just as stupid)

Christians are Christians.

I just pray ya'll would realize the truth, Hell is NOT FUN!
Seriously,go stand in a fire for an hour and imagine not being able to EVER get out, ever.
Oh, yeah sounds like A GREAT TIME.

Please read Frogboy's post, it's all true and that's how it happened.

And I have no idea what a fundamentalist extremist is.

Also, evolution makes no sense and is pretty funny to read about.

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 9:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by MaxxHi, i'm a Chrstian.

Catholics aren't Christians,

Omfg.....just when I thought people on these forums couldn't get any f*ckin dumber...

Maxx
March 15, 2005, 9:44 pm

Catholics are Catholics.

That's why there are 2 different names.

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 9:52 pm
Christians are part of the religion Christianity. Catholocism is a branch of Christianity, as are Baptists, Prostestants, etc. The term Christian can apply to any of these sects. A Catholic is a Christian.

Maxx
March 15, 2005, 9:53 pm
Fine, were still different.

Kazuki
March 15, 2005, 10:14 pm
Just to go against n00bace's point, Christmas has been turned into a mere holiday these past few generations. To most people, it has lost its meaning as an important date and gained reputation as a holiday. A day to be happy and relax.

AerialAssault
March 15, 2005, 10:18 pm
thats true kaz, christmas is hardly even a religious holiday anymore. corporate america has turned it into a marketing tool. i dont believe in god, but a kid cant turn out well if he grows up without christmas each year. or some other type of joyous holiday.

AerialAssault
March 15, 2005, 10:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by MaxxHi, i'm a Chrstian.

Seriously,go stand in a fire for an hour and imagine not being able to EVER get out, ever.

thats retarded. satan has to eventually get bored of torturing people. and assuming god is like everyones father, what kind of father damns his children to eternal pain and suffering just for not believing in him(which is something we cannot control). the concept of hell doenst even begin to make sense. and heavens even worse. eternal boredom, sure it'd be great for first few years. but happiness cannnot exist without suffering. the two emotions need each other to function. heaven and hell would both eventually become to same thing. (woops i found another flaw in christianity's teachings)

n00bface
March 15, 2005, 10:26 pm
Well, if you celebrate Christmas, then you can't really call yourself an Atheist; Christmas is a Christian holiday, no matter how much it's lost it's meaning. Do you see Jews celebrating Christmas? Hah.

Maxx
March 15, 2005, 11:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultquote:Originally posted by MaxxHi, i'm a Chrstian.

thats retarded. satan has to eventually get bored of torturing people. and assuming god is like everyones father, what kind of father damns his children to eternal pain and suffering just for not believing in him(which is something we cannot control). the concept of hell doenst even begin to make sense. and heavens even worse. eternal boredom, sure it'd be great for first few years. but happiness cannnot exist without suffering. the two emotions need each other to function. heaven and hell would both eventually become to same thing. (woops i found another flaw in christianity's teachings)

Guess you'll just have to wait and see then, since there's apperantly no convincing you.

P.S,-----Calling Christ mas x-mas is retarded.

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 11:36 pm
Satan is not a mortal being and therefore cannot get "bored" of torturing souls. As for the reasons why God allows suffering in the world, there are several theories.

One is that in order for a universe to work and be in equilibrium, there needs to be balance. If there is good, there must be evil. The two cannot exist without eachother, for then the universe could collapse.

Another is the "spare the rod spoil the species" theory. Whereas God disciplines us in order for us to become better people, and eventually to be worthy of Heaven.

Another is the free will theory. In order for God to give us absolute freedom, he had to inbibe within mankind the ability to do good..and evil. Without this choice we would not be free and would be in the same category as devils and angels.

Another, the ontological defense, is that God made the universe. So far the universe is holding up fine. We can't do a better job than him so we should just deal with it.

There's one more traditional theoidicy, but I've unfortunatly forgotten it. They all have to do with the Christian belief that
God is all-good
God is all-knowing
God is all-powerful
Evil exists

So far the only theory that can hold it's own in a theological debate doesn't exist yet. But I myself am particulary fond of the Duality theory. In which God and Satan are the same entity. He is both Christ and Anti-christ. Heaven and Hiroshima you might say. Good and Evil exist because the universe was created by them. If anyone here is interested in this sort of thing,(which I doubt), I definatly recommend reading The Godhead Trilogy by James Morrow.

Elephant_Hunter
March 15, 2005, 11:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Faminequote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterMy religion is that I am god. Straight up and simple, living is for entertainment.

You think a lot like a satanist.

More than you know. Actually, shortly after I found that life was much more fun living for entertainment I came upon the group of crazed individuals who call themselves "Satanists". The magik, rituals, spells etc... are all just sugar pills to make you feel in power. They position themselves as low as Xians, right in the fetal position.

quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceWell, if you celebrate Christmas, then you can't really call yourself an Atheist; Christmas is a Christian holiday, no matter how much it's lost it's meaning. Do you see Jews celebrating Christmas? Hah.

Christmas season was never really a christian holiday. It was pagan. Even christians would (should) agree with me on that point. Nothing special happened during the winter, folks. Jesus was born in march.

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 11:55 pm
Isn't the reason they put Christmas in the winter so that they could have it near the winter solitice?(can't remember how to spell it)

peemonkey
March 16, 2005, 12:04 am
christmas was a pagen hooliday, and the reason it became christmas is to stop the pagens and make it seem like they were enjoy a christian holiday.
and just because you like material things doesnt make you any sort of a religious person, that statment's 100% crap.
i know a couple jews who celebrate christmas, and one doesnt even celebrate chaunikah or however the [IMAGE] you spell it :P
christmas dont got [IMAGE] to do with christ nowadys, only a few die-hard christians think so, they voice they're opinions about it so much and it seems like there's alot of them. the rest of us dont care, most of us are too busy with presents at that time...

this post was majorily aimed at n00bface, but the rest of yall can enjoy it too :P merry christmas

ps: i only had 2 christmas' when i was growing up :(

Famine
March 16, 2005, 1:10 am
quote:Guess you'll just have to wait and see then, since there's apperantly no convincing you.

You are a GREAT christian

Kazuki
March 16, 2005, 1:59 am
I just refuse to believe what I'm forced to believe. Sorry, I just don't flow with life in that way.

AerialAssault
March 16, 2005, 2:04 am
peemonkey, you turned out alright...

no?

wormdundee
March 16, 2005, 2:14 am
Hahaha, the idea of the Big Bang makes me laugh, whoever came up with that one was absolutely mental.

peemonkey
March 16, 2005, 2:36 am
i turned out [IMAGE]ing great :D living with friends since 15, outta school since 16, sued parents for child support and neglect this month, and still have time for the forums :P

n00bface
March 16, 2005, 3:28 am
peemonkey is a juvenile bull[IMAGE]ter. anyways, onto the point, which you all seem to miss - look up the definition for christmas in any dictionary. christmas is a christian holiday now, it doesn't matter what it was before - was that pagan holiday called christmas?

Elephant_Hunter
March 16, 2005, 3:34 am
n00bface is a silly kid. anyways, onto the point, which only he seems to miss - look around the world... do only christians celebrate christmas? christmas is a everybody's holiday now, it doesn't matter what it was before - btw was Jesus born in December?

n00bface
March 16, 2005, 4:14 am
No, not everybody celebrates christmas. They celebrate winter holiday, but I've never ever seen anyone of non-christian religion celebrating christmas.

quote:from dictionary.com

Christ·mas Audio pronunciation of "christmas" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krsms)
n.

1. A Christian feast commemorating the birth of Jesus.
2. December 25, the day on which this feast is celebrated.
3. Christmastide.

[Middle English Cristemas, from Old English Crstes mæsse, Christ's festival : Crst, Christ; see Christ + mæsse, festival; see Mass.]Christmas·sy or Christmas·y adj.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

christmas

n 1: period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6 [syn: Christmas, Christmastide, Christmastime, Yule, Yuletide, Noel] 2: a Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland [syn: Christmas, Christmas Day, Xmas, Dec 25] v : spend Christmas; "We were christmassing in New York"

Is what I get looking in every major dictionary (A CHRISTIAN holiday.)

Even if you disagree with that, I must repeat my original point: If you are an Atheist and hate everything that christian's say and do, then why the hell are you celebrating christmas. Thanks.

Pulp
March 16, 2005, 4:26 am
We, Christians, assume Jesus was born on December 25 ( although there is no reference to the exact date in the bible ). Catholics, Protestants and most orthodox churches celebrate Christmas ( the Mass of Christ ) on December 25th. Some orthodox churches celebrate Christmas on January 7, cause they simply use another calendar.

Milkman Dan
March 16, 2005, 4:29 am
Christmas is a satanist holiday, santa (satan) is a RED man who gives out presents to children and makes them greedy and steals their souls

atleast thats what i heard :/ kekekeke

Kazuki
March 16, 2005, 4:55 am
n00bface, you will never see a family celebrate Christmas but have no tree or presents, celebrating solely because Jesus Christ was born the day. "NO PRESENTS THIS YEAR EITHER KIDS! ISN'T THAT JUST DANDY?!"

I'm not saying that Christmas is all about presents, but the fact that it is a Christian holiday is just something that attaches to the holiday itself. The holiday has changed from something meaningful to something you look forward to because you'll get money and presents, but the unwritten rule that only Christians celebrate it still stays.

Edit: I'm Christian, but I could care less about church or the Bible or any of that crap. That's what I'm trying to say. Why am I Christian? I don't know. My family is of Christian religion. To me, that is just a category.

paramud
March 16, 2005, 4:58 am
youre... christian?
my perspective to you has changed completely... i honestly thought you were...
whoops, better shut up before i sound racist.

peemonkey
March 16, 2005, 5:34 am
"No, not everybody celebrates christmas. They celebrate winter holiday, but I've never ever seen anyone of non-christian religion celebrating christmas."
you , my good sir, are a [IMAGE]ing moron. :D

Captain Ben
March 16, 2005, 5:58 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceWell, if you celebrate Christmas, then you can't really call yourself an Atheist; Christmas is a Christian holiday, no matter how much it's lost it's meaning. Do you see Jews celebrating Christmas? Hah.

i thought there was hanika or something...
it counts down the 8 days toward their jewish christmas.
but hey, i'm dumb and australian :P

n00bface
March 16, 2005, 6:38 am
quote:you , my good sir, are a [IMAGE]ing moron. :D
Thanks for bringing up a valid point to disprove it. Winter holiday is not christmas, and once again..show me a real living person that I would recognize who celebrates christmas and is not a christian, then I will let this go.

But let me also direct you to the last part of my last post again.

quote:i thought there was hanika or something...
it counts down the 8 days toward their jewish christmas.
There is no Jewish Christmas. It's Hanukka (or Chanukah) and it's similar to Christmas I guess, but earlier.

peemonkey
March 16, 2005, 6:56 am
okay, my dad's not christian but celebrates
im not a christian but celebrated
half the [IMAGE]ing people i know arent christian and celebrate it

but as for people that you can 'recognize', well how the [IMAGE]ing christians.

n00bface
March 16, 2005, 7:12 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyokay, my dad's not christian but celebrates
im not a christian but celebrated
half the [IMAGE]ing people i know arent christian and celebrate it

but as for people that you can 'recognize', well how the [IMAGE]ing christians.

I don't recognize your dad or half the people I know. I'm talking about people with somewhat of a celebrity status. What are the religions of the people you know who celebrate it?

edit: k read this http://www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml8291.htm and agree with you guys now. I'm still gonna bet that more than half of you celebrate christmas the traditional way though.

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 11:47 am
Quanza.....

Maxx
March 16, 2005, 12:04 pm
Christmas is celebrated by Christians as Jesus' birthday, and a time to get presents.

Everyone else just looks forward to the presents, not celebrating His birthday.

Kazuki
March 16, 2005, 12:59 pm
lol, Swazo. It's Kwanzaa. ^^ ... That is unless you were joking and I'm an idiot.

I don't even celebrate Christmas for the presents anymore cause I usually get clothes. However, during Christmas my family gets together, and we have tons of people over. All the kids, including me, have video gaming mini-tournaments. :X

Melba
March 16, 2005, 2:35 pm
HAPPY WINER-EEN-MAS!!

papasurf31
March 16, 2005, 3:31 pm
Actually, milkman dan's theory makes a lot of sense. Santa could just as easily been a misinterpretatio of Satan and the fact that he hands out gifts to chldren does seem to be a method of promoting material greed. He's dressed in a red suit, is fat (gluttony), and has slaves out of reindeer that fly, which is obviously a nod to drugs as that's the on,y way someone could have come up with flying reindeer. Of all the animals to make flying...a quadrapedal equine with antlers?

Droopy
March 16, 2005, 5:06 pm
Santa Claus was made up by some American. His idea was stolen by Coca Cola. I know! I read about this.

The original Santa comes from Russia. Ask any Russian adult or a rich guy now living in America(*hint**hint*).

Vijchtidoodah
March 16, 2005, 7:08 pm
Droopy, I'm pretty sure that the story of Saint Nick was German, not Russian. It was just another tradition that Christianity absorbed as it's own as it expanded throughout the world.

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 8:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazukilol, Swazo. It's Kwanzaa. ^^ ... That is unless you were joking and I'm an idiot.

I'm going to pretend I was joking then. XD

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 10:43 pm
blah...... try and no think of them peoples..