( search forums )
Spawm points than can be take over
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sbu-spyvin
March 15, 2005, 1:45 pm
Hi got this idea when i was reading the new game mode - take over topic.

Its like this.
In a inf map ( or ctf but i think inf is best )there a neutral spawnpoints that can be take over by both teams for a extra spawnpoint.

If the place is capt. And you die. The comes a bar up. What says.
Spawnpoint at base.
Spawnpoint at beach
Spawnpoint at blue tower
Spawnpoint at balabalb
The mapmaker can place a lot of those neutral spawnpoint with a name that can be take over.

But the spawmpoint at your base ( the basic spawmpoints ) can not be take over by the other team.

MercyM
March 15, 2005, 1:46 pm
Spawnponits.

papasurf31
March 15, 2005, 2:53 pm
I'd like to see this implemented. Any improvements to the soldat engine are welcome.

Rhombus
March 15, 2005, 3:38 pm
spawnpoints. Whoohoo I can spell it right! in your face mercyM!

MercyM
March 15, 2005, 4:30 pm
And you can't EVEN write my name! It's MercyM! Not mercyM!!! :PPP

DT
March 15, 2005, 7:51 pm
WARNING STARHUNTING!!! ^ OFFTOPIC ERROR

Anyways this has been suggested... and whever you spawn its random on where you spawn at... suggested and forgeted.. i mean forgoten... sorta

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 8:03 pm
its like in starwars battlefront, BAHA!!!!!!!

vash763
March 15, 2005, 8:11 pm
its like atumn fog

Vanana
March 15, 2005, 9:32 pm
sounds MUCH like Battlefield-1942 :/

sbu-spyvin
March 15, 2005, 9:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Vananasounds MUCH like Battlefield-1942 :/

Its not because you don't get point for the spawnpoints.
Its just for that we mapmakers can make bigger maps or something else.

zyxstand
March 16, 2005, 2:07 am
this is not gotten "from my idea" - this IS my idea. those flagpoles in my game represent spawnpIOnts. and how do you win in your game anyways - i at least put quite a bit of effort into mine to make sure that everything is explained! plz get rid of this (either original poster or some moderator)

vash763
March 16, 2005, 2:37 am
Im sorry to say this zyxstand, but even in the short time i've been here, it seems like everything is your idea. Maybe you should make a thread, that says you deserve credit for any idea anyone is going to post. btw also state that yours was better, cause you seem to like saying that too

kwanfei
March 16, 2005, 3:19 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763im sorry to say this zyxstand, but it seems like everything is your idea. maybe you should make a thread, that says you deserve credit for any idea anyone is going to post. btw also state that yours was better, cause you seem to like saying that too

Agree
zyxstand, who do u think you are?
Most idea that posted you say it is one of your ideas, if it really is, why don't u first them b4 the others did? And one more time, stop thinking that you are always better than the other, which you are not.

zyxstand
March 16, 2005, 3:45 am
ight, firstly i never said that anyone "stole" my idea - i was just upset cuz i posted the thread but it got rejected by the mod cuz it already existed and no since recently the moderator isn't ehckgin thiese threads and then two of the ideas that i was gonna post where posted by other ppl - they DO deserve credit. and this idea he even said it was originally by me which i don have a problem with but i wanna know how his idea is differnet. and in mine i went into more detail as to explain the game rules.

if you, sbu-spyvin, could explain more in detail how this idea differs from mine i'd appreciate it.

o - btw, i like the idea of having differnet spawnpoints on places like landmarks kinda - like "tower spawnpoint" is cool - i was just gonna make it random places throughout the map. also easier to refer to during game: "^OMG they're taking over our tower!" or "secure beach spawnpoint". :)

vash763
March 16, 2005, 4:21 am
quote:Originally posted by kwanfeiquote:Originally posted by vash763im sorry to say this zyxstand, but it seems like everything is your idea. maybe you should make a thread, that says you deserve credit for any idea anyone is going to post. btw also state that yours was better, cause you seem to like saying that too

Agree
zyxstand, who do u think you are?
Most idea that posted you say it is one of your ideas, if it really is, why don't u first them b4 the others did? And one more time, stop thinking that you are always better than the other, which you are not.

glad other people see it too

quote:Originally posted by zyxstandi never said that anyone "stole" my idea

I don't see in either of mine or kwanfei's posts about people "stealing" your ideas.