( search forums )
chainsaw problemo
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
March 16, 2005, 2:30 am
there's this lil problem for the chainsaw - maybe it's meant to be that way but i'd like to suggest something a bit different - sometimes (actually rarely) when i use a chainsaw (also rarely) and i'm inside a person and my chainsaw is on, he doesn't die even though i walk around him. it's weird and i think that the chainsaw should be rendered somehow better - i dunno exactly how it works though i now that somtiems when you're in the person and turn on chainsaw and swing in full circles he don die.

kwanfei
March 16, 2005, 3:12 am
Well, u are using the chainsaw to kill people, not your body, right?

zyxstand
March 16, 2005, 3:50 am
...huh?

Krios
March 16, 2005, 4:04 am
I think he means that you do that wierd glitch thingy...uh doing "/mercy" then "q"(switch weapon)

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 16, 2005, 4:15 am
No, he meant that the hitbox for Chainsaw (And all the new weapons) has their muzzle (Bullet Start Point) started further back, this did not happen last version, when the bullet actually come out of the gun's tip, MM did this to prevent people from hiding behind a collider and fire at people, but I guess he has to compromise and set back the hitbox for Chainsaw also, so until the next version, you'll just have to run backwards when you use the chainsaw.

zyxstand
March 16, 2005, 4:43 am
yea, talking bout HIDING in colliders - someitmes you don see your bullet but it does fly and kill someone (esp. with barret) - and somtimes it even takes like a second till the person right in front of u dies when you don't see the bullet

Zero72
March 16, 2005, 5:02 am
Chainsawing people with your shoulder annoys me too, I really hope this is fixed soon.

Krios
March 16, 2005, 5:05 am
well i tried...didn't understand b4 but do now

Captain Ben
March 16, 2005, 6:11 am
another glitch:
if you go prone on nearly even ground, boogieman can't chainsaw you...

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 11:59 am
boogie man will get you after a lil while.....

papasurf31
March 16, 2005, 2:53 pm
On Impossible, Boogey man will never get you, on any other difficulty level, he'll evntually aim up and damage you.

Vanana
March 16, 2005, 9:17 pm
Chainsaw should be e bit longer...cuz if it is still like that
knife will ALWAYS own :P

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 9:00 pm
i say it should be like the old version, but it should be set back with some guns like the barret and the minigun, when people shoot through the walls when their really close to them.

Liquid Metal
March 28, 2005, 1:13 am
No wonder when I put knife and chainsaw bots the bots with knives win. In the other versions chainsaw bots owned knife bots.

Captain Ben
March 28, 2005, 1:36 am
That's why I now give my zombies both knives and chainsaws in my zombies servers...

UltraMagnus
March 28, 2005, 7:27 am
yeah, i hate this alot too, it really needs to be fixed asap

MercyM
March 28, 2005, 1:16 pm
Same as the chainsaw - wall thingy.

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 12:57 am
I cant say that I use the chainsaw often.. if I see a cheinsaw dude running around he is dead verry fast. unless he sunndnly jumps out of nowhere and cut my head off. :P why use chainsaw when u have knife? sure u can get some kills with it, but u will most likely end up being killed

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 5:04 am
Ya, I rarely use the chainsaw too, but still I've never encountered this bug. Do ya have the 1.2.1 version or is it an older Saoldat?

Captain Ben
April 10, 2005, 9:39 am
Ya, you might like to check the dates of the threads, as most members won't appreciate your late suggestions...

Welcome to the Forums!!