( search forums )
iPod mod idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Norse
March 16, 2005, 5:50 am
OK first off I've been meaning to make a tiny mod (like S4R's) that also replaces the knife, but instead you throw an iPod at em! My mother said this would make a cool wep cause of how she remebered how my hamster was killed when I left my iPod on my desk on full coming out of my speaker adapters. I learned a valuable lesson. Music Kills. So why not make a mod to show it? What a better place then soldat! Lemme get a pic up of how its kind of going to look. Gimme a sec...

[Edit:]
[IMAGE]
That's kind of the menu aspect of it. May have to turn them 90 degrees to fit the old knife spot. Still think this is a good idea? If so, which type of iPod looks best? (Might make the original iPod larger to give it it's natural size.)

[Edit2:]
[IMAGE]

[Edit3:]
[IMAGE]

Rhombus
March 16, 2005, 7:09 am
normal iPod looks best. And wow, you killed your hamster just by leaving the music on? Dude I HAVE to try that one!

vash763
March 16, 2005, 7:21 am
maybe you should set the mini's as nades and clusters and the reg iPod as the knife (make it a bit bigger ya)

JiggaBlue
March 16, 2005, 8:20 am
Looks pretty cool, but wouldnt you rather bludgeon them with a sharp object?

Norse
March 16, 2005, 5:03 pm
Thanks for your opinions. I think I'll use vash's idea and instead make the iPod into a nade. Music Kills sounds a lot better with a nade then a knife.

FliesLikeABrick
March 16, 2005, 5:06 pm
yay for original ipod
nay for mini and shuffle

Alamo
March 16, 2005, 5:22 pm
use a shuffle as a knife, a normal sized ipod as a grenade (i envy the Soldier who can afford so many iPods to throw around), and ignore the minis at all... iPod mini sucks.

Norse
March 16, 2005, 11:33 pm
Only problem that comes up with a normal iPod nade, is that you won't be able to see the detail...(unless i keep the current size...muahahahaha!)making it look like a solid white floating thing. Could work...im making the iShuffle right now. Will use both weps in one mod. If you want to see another screeny (what it would look like if the iPod was a knife) then see the first post. You may change your minds...you may not :P

Dathker
March 17, 2005, 12:21 am
lol.

Norse
March 17, 2005, 12:49 am
Made it into a nade...still cant make up my mind.
1. I aint using a iPod shuffle for a knife.
2. I like how the nade sits on the pocket area of the soldat
3. iPod knife probably won't be in the upcoming zip, unless by popular demand. (lol :P)

Updated first post. New screen for nades. Modding thus far:

-Nade box has been changed. It now has a symbol of an apple, though it may be hard to tell from the screenie.
-Xtra nades below ammo are now iPod-looking
-Nade changed into an iPod. Uniquely the iPod fits right where u could clip it on to your belt/pants (:P)

Things to think about:

-May change the explosion effect and make it vibrate soundwaves slowly then really fast , and then explode with a major sound wave. Just a rough thought there.

N1nj@
March 17, 2005, 1:20 am
i would never throw my own ipod like that =P

Deleted User
March 17, 2005, 1:49 am
quote:Originally posted by JiggaBlueLooks pretty cool, but wouldnt you rather bludgeon them with a sharp object?

You can't "bludgeon" someone with a sharp object..

On Topic:

Looks nice. Neat, streamlined and original..

The knife version seems a little larger though. Is it the 300gb model?

Norse
March 17, 2005, 3:43 am
Lol. Ya Lapis it is. Size does matter with these mods you know....that's why it overcomes the entire character. :P

wormdundee
March 17, 2005, 4:46 am
the ipod grenade should explode into noise waves not an explosion

unless it already does is and im just stupid

Norse
March 17, 2005, 6:32 am
quote:Things to think about:

-May change the explosion effect and make it vibrate soundwaves slowly then really fast , and then explode with a major sound wave. Just a rough thought there.

That's kind of where i was leaning towards doing eventually. Thanks for backing my idea up at least. :P

vash763
March 17, 2005, 7:05 am
haha im lovin this mod as my whole house runs on Macs (2 PowerBooks an iBook like 3 iPods, and Apple's built in wireless internet+AirPorts.) Maybe turn it into a whole 'Apple' Mod. But if you don't im happy w/ nades!

Felix
March 17, 2005, 8:53 am
an iPod who cuts? nice^^

Alamo
March 17, 2005, 4:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@i would never throw my own ipod like that =P

Me neither... It's my little baby ^^

SPARTAN_III
March 18, 2005, 11:15 am
if u can, make the nade explosion a electric guitar strum.....lol rofl. and make the clusters scraps of circuitry so it looks like u broke ur ipod

rhombus, i should report u to the RSPCA

MercyM
March 18, 2005, 12:53 pm
Where the hell did you get an idea like this?

March 18, 2005, 2:03 pm
He has a mind that works in strange and wonderful ways. And how exactly can u kill a hamster? How old was it? What if it ate something and died? U cruel person.

Ipod mod, a definete want.

Rhombus
March 18, 2005, 5:47 pm
Lol, I remember laughing at my cousin cuz he forgot to feed his hamster for a whole week :p. Man I almost pissed in my pants.

vash763
March 19, 2005, 1:08 am
maybe you should throw a hamster launcher in there norse

Norse
March 20, 2005, 4:18 am
Lol. I love all of your comments. Right now I'm making the explosion effect for the nade. If any1 wants to submit what they think it should look like then be my guest. Ive been working on a contest map, so right now im really busy :/ Love that guitar strum idea. Might have to plug up my guitar and jam again. :P Hamster launcher? meh..ill think about it once this ones done. Kinda seems like a good idea though. Ill think about it vash.

March 20, 2005, 5:34 am
PLEASEDONT! I use headphones. ITLL KILL ME!

I know how spartan got the idea

His favourite phrase is "EL CABONG!"

Guess where that's from

Norse
March 21, 2005, 5:28 am
Last few minutes before bed. Sorry Im not here to release the mod yet :( I still am working on the x-plosion effect. Can't quite narrow it down to a good solid shape and effect. In the meantime, I will be making something that will go along with this mod. No, it isn't the hamster launcher, but I'll tell you that you will get a "bubbly" surprise. :P

vash763
March 23, 2005, 9:08 am
lol cmon flyin hamsters would be awesome jp