( search forums )
Updated Knife and Punch
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Madsniper
March 17, 2005, 1:05 am
It would own if Punch and Knife was updated. The little movement, or whatever it is, they have now isnt really... death threatening looking.

Would be awesome to see your soldat mean give an upper cut, or a sucker punch. Or a stab with knife, like.. a real looking stab. Not the hair cut looking stab. I think punch needs to be updated with almost the same advantages of a regular gun. Where it takes skill and does a little more damage. To kill someone with fist now, you both have to be on the ground, and your opponent has got to be standing still.

Gen0cide
March 17, 2005, 1:22 am
Yeah it's like the chainsaw..sometimes you run past and it doesnt do anything.
But it would be nice if these were fixed

zyxstand
March 17, 2005, 1:23 am
hmm, it WOULD look cool to see soldiers stab each other with powerful swings or upper-punch one another - or even upper cut them with knives. however i dunno how useful this will be in the game since it's jsut for the looks. and what buttons to be pressed to use differnet moves... hehe are we turning this into a tekken game? lol maybe you know how when you press jump depending on how long you hold the soldier will crouch to get ready to jump: well what if while he's in that crouch position (maybe like for .5 secs) you would press attack with knife or bare hands he would do the an upper cut move. otherwise he does the plain stab.

vash763
March 17, 2005, 2:57 am
maybe if it were like madness interactive, where your fists are always weaps. But the fire button would hav to b held down, it would only last so long then u had to let go and click again, and u had to b moving it relativly fast. idk, i think this would b great to see in the game. but ya is it gonna b tekken? lol

Deleted User
March 17, 2005, 3:46 am
I agree with you Madsniper. So I edited one of the POA files to make the punch/knife-slash look more realistic.

Captain Ben
March 17, 2005, 8:30 am
but doesn't that mean you can't play over the internet?

KnOt
March 17, 2005, 10:14 pm
No.. Depends :Q

Vanana
March 17, 2005, 10:21 pm
sounds nice, uppercutting your foe
WOULD look cool

Zero72
March 17, 2005, 11:26 pm
This would be a pretty nice idea, although there is some sort of odd charm associated with the less realistic ones. I mean, we've had them all along. =P

Still, it would rule to bust out a randomly-generated combo of knife moves on some hapless opponent. Hiya.