( search forums )
Werewolf mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
MadHype
March 17, 2005, 5:26 pm
I'm planning to do a werewolf mod. This will be my first mod, so it will probably take a lot of time (and I will possibly need help from you guys). I have made some plans already, but to really get started I need to collect as much good information as I can. So...

What ways are there to kill a werewolf? I know that you can kill them with silver. But what about sunlight and blessed items?

What kinds of weapons should I make? There is ofcourse silver weapons, but every weapon can't be based on silver. So there are blessed weapons and weapons that work on bright light. [I just realised that bright lights would kill the werewolf, since it would be in its werewolf forms, not the human form.]

Current weapons list:

Deagles: Silver bullets
MP5: Bullets carry an electric charge (desperate to find something better)
AK-74: Fires holy water darts (like tranquelizer darts)
Spas: pieces of silver (like silver shurikens)
M79: Crossbow with explosive arrow
Steyr Aug: Fires silver needles
Ruger: Fires stakes
Barret: Holy beam of light
Minimi: Fires silver bullets
Minigun: Blessed minigun

USSCOM: Holy water darts (like the AK-74)
Knife: Cross
LAW: Silver Missiles
Chainsaw: Fleshripper (?)

Grenade: These are blessed, explosion will be lighter that a normal explosion.

.alex.oner.
March 17, 2005, 6:25 pm
knife = jesus cross

thats all i can think of at the mo..

edit: knife could aslso be a steak! or is that for vampires? hmm.. im not sure..

Deleted User
March 17, 2005, 6:26 pm
u gonna need a kinda much practice on it if it's your first..but here this can help u:

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=1330

hmm..Silver bullets,kills them.. silver crosses weakend them....and sunlight doesn't harm they be humans again at day.

And crosses are some blessed items so yea..blessed iteams

damnnation
March 17, 2005, 6:28 pm
LAW: Bazooka with silver rocket
Barrett/Ruger/De's: Tranquelizer gun(s) (dunno how to spell)
Mp5/minigun: Needle Spitter (needles are silver)
Chainsaw: Fleshripper

MadHype
March 17, 2005, 7:03 pm
Thanks guys!

And sit-anger, I've been studying the modding FAQ. It seems easy at the moment, but I'm sure I will face some difficulties. But I'll just take my time :)
And thanks for the tips everyone! Keep them coming. I updated them to my first post (not all of them, only those I like).

Edit:// Damnation, I forgot to ask. What do you mean by fleshripper? I'm thinking about blades attached to a part that spins, kinda like a drill that has swords at the actual drill part.

Edit2:// Sit-anger, that sunlight part varies from culture to culture amd so does the actual werewolf. Some cultures believed that werewolves went hiding during the day in a cave or something like that. But those are rare, most believed that they were in human form during the day, so I'm not so sure about the weapons that rely on light to kill them..

damnnation
March 17, 2005, 8:36 pm
well the word acrually explaines it it's just a shansaw with huge silver blades that spins around verry fast and RIPS the FLESH of ;)

Deleted User
March 17, 2005, 9:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by MadHypeThanks guys!

And sit-anger, I've been studying the modding FAQ. It seems easy at the moment, but I'm sure I will face some difficulties. But I'll just take my time :)
And thanks for the tips everyone! Keep them coming. I updated them to my first post (not all of them, only those I like).

Edit:// Damnation, I forgot to ask. What do you mean by fleshripper? I'm thinking about blades attached to a part that spins, kinda like a drill that has swords at the actual drill part.

Edit2:// Sit-anger, that sunlight part varies from culture to culture amd so does the actual werewolf. Some cultures believed that werewolves went hiding during the day in a cave or something like that. But those are rare, most believed that they were in human form during the day, so I'm not so sure about the weapons that rely on light to kill them..

Wasn't just wat i said???..well if they are rare..do as usaly...light doesn't harm

MadHype
March 17, 2005, 9:11 pm
You didn't say that. You said: "and sunlight doesn't harm they be humans again at day." What I meant with my post that this is true with most cultures but some cultures believe that werewolves don't change back to human form.

edit:// And light DOES harm them if they're in werewolf form, so I can make UV weapons. :)

reckon
March 17, 2005, 9:24 pm
Did some searchin, and from common sense, sunlight or any uv rays do not harm a werewolf.
Weaknesses:
While werewolves are very powerful, they are highly allergic to silver and wolfsbane. Exposure to either of them is extremely painful, and silver can leave scarring. However, while silver bullets are a favorite among so-called werewolf hunters, it is not the only way to kill a werewolf. Anything capable of overwhelming a werewolf's incredible healing ability, constitution, and feral nature can potentially do the job. When a werewolf has been weakened to this point, it is also indeed possible to kill a werewolf.

Teh Panda
March 17, 2005, 10:14 pm
Damnation is satanic FF charater ;)

KnOt
March 17, 2005, 10:32 pm
M79 - Silver-arrowed crossbow.. With an exploding effect.. heh

Zero72
March 17, 2005, 11:31 pm
lol, this seems familiar. =)

Maybe the Ruger and/or Barrett could be a beam of holy light or something.

Deleted User
March 17, 2005, 11:57 pm
I know what you could do for the M79, and possibly Deagles or something. M79 - UV Grenade Launcher! You could make the explosions like blinding light or something. UV grenades would be good, too. I was thinking the Deagles might be double flashlights! Maybe Spas could fire like shards of silver or something... Anyway, just thought you might like to hear my ideas! L8r

.alex.oner.
March 18, 2005, 7:36 am
you do know, fireing all this silver ablout would cost loads, well unless the bullets are silver plated.. but yah, lol..

Liquid Metal
March 18, 2005, 8:47 am
Me thinks barret should be holy beam and ruger as a silver stake.

SPARTAN_III
March 18, 2005, 10:37 am
u can base it on van helsing's weapons-like hi crossbow dipped in holy water. tht would rule

MadHype
March 18, 2005, 11:32 am
Thanks everyone!

I think I now have all the weapons covered! I will edit the first post so you'll see what I'm going to do.

And Reckon, I have done a LOT of searching myself. And most of the cultures believe that bright lights harm a werewolf 'when it is in the werewolf form'. You're probably thinking that earlier I said that 'some' cultures believe this, but what I meant was that some cultures believe that the werewolves went hiding during the day, while other cultures believed that they changed to human form, which was not injured by light. If I said otherwise, that was a mistake. :)

Oh, and I PM'd _Stripe_ about this mod. For those who don't know who he is, he's the one who's making the vampire mod. These two mods will probably have many things in common, so I felt like I had to PM him, so that he doesn't feel like I'm using/stealing his ideas without permission. :)

Dang, I still don't know how the MP5 should be like. I'm thinking about bullets that carry an electric charge, but I don't know about that...

March 18, 2005, 2:00 pm
Hmm, electric dont kill werewolves ya know. Mp5 could be a supercharged holy water supersoaker?

just kiddin, ull come up wit something.

MadHype
March 18, 2005, 3:57 pm
How do you know that electricity doesn't kill werewolves? At the time electricity was invented no one believed in werewolves anymore, so of course there's not a legend that states that werewolves could be killed with electricity.

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 4:15 pm
Why a cross as a knife? Can't you just cut the werewolf in half?

.alex.oner.
March 18, 2005, 4:49 pm
exorcist style! lol, the cross in that film was used pretty badly i must say!

MadHype
March 18, 2005, 5:06 pm
No you can't if the knife is a normal knife. And it would be boring if the knife was normal.

edit:// Too slow, I was talking to Ville.

Rhombus
March 18, 2005, 5:39 pm
Make the spas the holy shotgun from constantine.

Meandor
March 18, 2005, 6:10 pm
Moved to gen discussion (no sreeny).

MadHype
March 18, 2005, 9:31 pm
Thanks a lot, now no one will find this and post. :(

Zero72
March 18, 2005, 10:07 pm
Hey, one of my suggestions got in. *gets a point*

Meandor
March 19, 2005, 1:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by MadHypeThanks a lot, now no one will find this and post. :(

Sorry, but a lot of people have a project and most of the times they don't even begin it; that'd flood the other forum which is for completed mods. As soon as you get a preview i can move it back.

MadHype
March 20, 2005, 1:57 pm
Just kidding. :)

I'm currently working on the weapons. 50% done. I'm not trying to finish this too fast because it will not look good if I do, I don't have time to finish this faster and I don't want to finish this too early. I'm still waiting for a good MP5 idea.

Zero72
March 22, 2005, 5:07 am
Oh yeah, have you given thought to calling it a crucifix instead of a cross? Sounds a bit more professional to me... But that's just me.

reckon
March 22, 2005, 5:47 am
Well a cross is a cross but a crucifix is the depiction of christ being crucified upon a cross.

Zero72
March 22, 2005, 6:28 am
Ah-ha. Yeah, ok, cross works. =P

MadHype
March 22, 2005, 3:22 pm
I will post screenshot later today. And I was going to make it a crucifix, but I realised that I couldn't make it look decent, so I kept is as an original cross.

MadHype
April 4, 2005, 7:35 pm
Ok, I will not finish the mod. The main reason is because my Soldat somehow got corrupted and I had trouble making it work properly again, so I wouldn't like to face that stituation again. And I found my Photoshop, so I have other projects I must work on. It is highly possible that I will sometime start a mod again, but I don't think that I'll continue with this werewolf idea because I found it difficult to make up the weapons. So if anyone is interested in creating a werewolf mod, go ahead.

I would still like to thank everyone for your ideas. Thank you.

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 8:11 pm
*feels bad for you*
Tip, don't post screenies or even make a thread till your mod is 70% done :p I learned that from my many forum experiances :p

Rhombus
April 5, 2005, 7:26 am
Hey Hype, it got corrupted? are you using a false register key? You don't need to tell me because I know you won't, but if you do, it's because of that.

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 8:32 pm
Ruger - Crossbow with holy arrows :O

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 8:56 pm
1. this is an old thread
2. he said he wont work on it no more
3. I can understand new members reviving (did it miself) but one with 267 posts should know better ;O

0xSilentx0
May 23, 2005, 1:40 am
Chhainsaw should be holy water sprayer

Rhombus
May 23, 2005, 9:52 am
READ AT LEAST ONE POST BEFORE WHAT YOU DID, OH MY FRIGGIN GOD, SILENT YOU TWAT!!! meh sorry for the cursing part styx, but these people really get on my nerves.

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 1:11 pm
kk im sorry :'(