( search forums )
10 All-New Maps I made
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
enjoyincubus
January 28, 2003, 11:32 pm
Hey guys,

I have made 10 maps over the past few weeks, and you can download them on this post. They are pretty much bot supported, with the exception of a few glitches here and there. I fixed a lot of stuff, though, and I see nothing wrong with them. I also added a cartoony version of the Cambodia level, which is kinda cool.

Get them here. The file is only like 60KB, cuz it is zipped. Just d/l and put in the "maps" folder. I'm not putting in a pic, because I am too lazy, so just d/l them and make your own pics if you want![:D]

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] 10maps.zip139.2 KB

Am-ne-si-ac
January 29, 2003, 12:14 am
I tried a couple of them. Not bad, except some of them are missing bot waypoints I think, and the maps themselves need a lot more detail. Not a bad job all around though.

DNA.styx
January 29, 2003, 12:32 am
any screens of them?

Flanagan
January 29, 2003, 3:42 am
No screens results in post deletion in 3 days.

Darac
January 29, 2003, 5:58 am
im going to have to go on a map clean out... i have to many! :'(

enjoyincubus
January 29, 2003, 8:24 pm
How do you insert images from our PC? I've never worked with these forums and it isn't as simple as I'm used to.

Darac
January 30, 2003, 1:54 am
to get a screen shot all you have to do is play soldat and hit the print screen button. then go to paint or something like that. hit past and your screen shot will pop up in the paint program. save it as a jpg. all you have to do from there is add it to the forum like you added the zip file :)

enjoyincubus
January 30, 2003, 2:29 am
I tried to put up some screens, but it took too long. It's faster to d/l the maps anyways, so I don't know why you would want a screen instead.

Here are the the names of the levels:
Arena4
Cambodia2 (a cartoony version of the Cambodia level)
Cjjungle2 (second version of my jungle world)
Healthland
PurpleHaze
Ruins
Sunset
Ultimate
Ctf_Snow
Snow

These maps are pretty good, and you should probably try them. The Ultimate level is a very nice Halo-type level, and Arena4, though being an addon to the first Arena, is very nice too. There is a lot of variation here, so please try them.[^]

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 30, 2003, 3:00 am
screens is because its required. lol...also...most people look at the screens before they download...i suggest you put up screens or this thread will most likely be deleted.

"No screens results in post deletion in 3 days." -'Map Maker' Moderator

Darac
January 30, 2003, 4:35 am
i looked at the maps... and they all look like slight vearyations on each other... your basic designs of polygons doted round the map.

c0n
January 31, 2003, 8:40 pm
Yea i agree, they're good, not really going for looks, but playability...

marek
February 1, 2003, 5:51 pm
Yupp ! most of the maps have been created for sophisticated playability.
Although there is a lack of detail (good for slower computers) they make fun.
Thnx.

Flanagan
February 2, 2003, 5:32 am
go to your soldat directory, then add a folder called "screens" without the quotes. While you are ingame, press F11 to take a screen shot.

I will give yoiu another 3 days because I am lienient,

Darac
February 2, 2003, 5:35 am
wow... even i didnt know that f11 thing :/

c0n
February 3, 2003, 2:10 am
how did you post a screen then???

Darac
February 3, 2003, 3:04 am
i did what i said... i hit "print screen" and then paste it in paint.

Flanagan
February 3, 2003, 3:48 am
convert the .bmp files you got from pressing F11. Then go to the forums, but don't use the quick reply box, use the Post Reply button just above it. Then click the paper clip icon above it, and browse for your picture, then press upload. Then post your reply, and we can see it.

enjoyincubus
February 3, 2003, 4:04 am
All right, I have a pic of my best level here. Check it out if you want.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Soldat.JPG20.48 KB

Thats my "Halo" type level. I am working on that, and as soon as the newest version of Soldat is released, I will work on a vehicle mod for this game. I want to eventually make a whole pack of Halo-type levels, but these were just practice. I intentionally didn't put in lots of detail, because I wanted to get some ideas out of my head, and to get a feel for the MapMaker. I will rerelease these maps later, but now it is time to work on my Halo levels, and get the sprites needed for vehicles.[:D]

Enjoy these levels, and enjoyincubus.

PS: More screens will be available later.