( search forums )
mistaken games
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Captain Ben
March 18, 2005, 10:18 am
on one too many occasions, i see people getting games, consoles and controls horribly mixed up.
now, before i say anything else, i'm not saying that i'm a pro nintendo-fanboy, or an xbox hater so please don't turn this into a console flamming-fest :P
more than a few times, i've been in electronic boutique, or some other gaming shop, when i've seen parents saying to their children,
'oh this game looks nice. how about we get this?'
which would prompt a reply of:
'but mum/mom, i have a gamecube, halo 2 is for xbox!'
but on one rare occasion this is what happened:
i was collecting my pre-ordered nintendo ds, when a boy
(about 7-8 years old) and his mother came in to get a game for their playstation 2.
as the boy was so young, his mother was searching through the never-ending rows of mario games, when finally she modestly chose
super mario sunshine for her son. the converstaion happened as follows:
'james how about this one?'
'nah, mum/mom, i have a playstation 2, that game won't work on it.'
'it's on a disk, of course it will work!'
'no it won't! anyway, mario's gay. i want jak 3!'
'now james... we talked about this before. it's too violent!'
so then the poor lad's mother proceeds to buy super mario sunshine and leaves with her protesting son.
seeing that i pre-ordered my nintendo ds, i had ensured one for a quick, easy pick up. after searching through target
(around 20 minutes) for a specific ds game (project rub), i returned back to EB to check if they had a last copy and instead of looking for my ds game, i was entertained for half an hour by an angry
emo-boy and an angry father cursing eachother off on about who would buy the last nintendo ds that wasn't preordered. once they were told to leave, i returned to looking for my gaming gem, project rub, but when of all things that could happen, the console-impaired mother (looking very angry, i might add) and her young son returned!
hanging around for more free EB entertainment, i watched in glee as the mother tried to return her copy of super mario sunshine, but was refused by the manager of EB, because of 'piracy risks'! why he said that, i do not know (gamecube disks are really small), but as the mother dragged her son out of the store, i saw something that made me laugh... he had a triumphant smile on his face.

i've seen thing like this alot, but what are some stupid things that YOU'VE people say or do when looking for console games or such? beside that story, my friend, who's father owns a gaming shop, claims that he has halo for his nintendo ds and my mother buying me an xbox control for my gamecube, because it had
'prettier buttons'

let everyone hear (or read :p) your amazing stories of console stupidity!

frogboy
March 18, 2005, 10:27 am
Consoles suck.

Captain Ben
March 18, 2005, 10:59 am
please don't start a 'consoles suck' thing please...

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 2:26 pm
PC games suck, consoles own.

b00stA
March 18, 2005, 4:18 pm
GERMAN INDUSTRIAL MIGHT SHALL KRUSH COMPARISONS OF WEAK CONSOLE AND KOMPUTER.

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 4:23 pm
There is this pretty cool story about console stupidity:
3D

Michal
March 18, 2005, 5:18 pm
this isn't really console related but I have a story like that...
I was in BestBuy looking for an optical mouse. This woman and her young son came in with a packaged joystick. The woman proceeded to complain to a store worker that the joystick did not work and that she would like to exchange it. The store employee looked at the box and asked her if she had installed the software. She then asked something like "what is software?". The store worker said that it was on the CD included. The woman started to whine saying "why do I need a CD to use a joystick?!" the store employee pointed out on the box where it shows the installation steps, the first one being "Install the software first"
It was pretty funny :P next time RTFM n00b :D

Captain Ben
March 19, 2005, 1:27 am
lol i love seeing things like that!

AerialAssault
March 19, 2005, 5:26 am
its so funny watching stupid people get their [IMAGE] ruined...

Unlucky 13
March 19, 2005, 5:49 am
You sound like a kid from Fairhills Ben :D

Cookie`
March 19, 2005, 6:14 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stAGERMAN INDUSTRIAL MIGHT SHALL KRUSH COMPARISONS OF WEAK CONSOLE AND KOMPUTER.

Teh know t3h value?

Captain Ben
March 19, 2005, 10:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13You sound like a kid from Fairhills Ben :D

please explain? fair hills...?

papasurf31
March 19, 2005, 12:51 pm
German industrial might constitutes unused gas chambers and the spikes off dead soldiers helmets. O.o

(someones gonna kill me for this)

BManx2000
March 19, 2005, 3:35 pm
Shouldn't that be "German industrial might consists of unused gas chambers and the spikes off dead soldiers' helmets"? Either that or "Unused gas chambers and the spikes off dead soldiers' helmets constitute the German industrial might".