( search forums )
Colonial Marine Interface
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 11:03 pm
Here is my latest Soldat interface creation. It's called 'Colonial Marine' a Corporal Hicks original. The reason for this post is simply to share the mod with anyone who likes it, not to draw critisism from you skeptics out there (although I'm sure there will be plenty of negativity floating around below this thread :) For the rest of you, enjoy![URL]Alright. I have downsized the whole interface to a size comparable to the default interface. I agree with many of you that this is a much more practical size. I appreciate your feedback. Please no more requests for a pistol...(If you dont know what a xenomorph is, or what kind of weapon is generally required to kill one then please don't comment:)[img]http://home.comcast.net/~jakedoo/onlinestorage/ColonialMarineV2.jpg" style="color: blue;">[IMAGE] quote:We're on an express elevator to hell...going down!

Maxx
March 18, 2005, 11:10 pm
Um it's looks huge, therefore I don't like it.

If I DID like large interfaces, this would be awesome, but very few do.
So good job.
=D

zoldat
March 18, 2005, 11:13 pm
yah way to big sorry

AWH_ReApEr
March 18, 2005, 11:23 pm
Yeah, it's massive. I don't like big ones, as I'm sure you guys have figured out by now. ;p

N1nj@
March 18, 2005, 11:28 pm
ya it is too big, maybe try using another gun?

March 18, 2005, 11:29 pm
Not to bad! At least its an improvement from ur last one. Keep up the good work. But i still have to agree with the other guys, its a bit too big.

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 11:51 pm
I agree with 117, I like the idea, I just think you did it a BIT too big. Maybe try pulling the gun down a bit so that you can't see where the trigger thing is, maybe putting the ammo bar just a bit above where it is now, or you could use like a pistol or something. Also, make the grenades a bit smaller. Other than that looks great! I hope to see a CM V2 soon!

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 12:16 am
I appreciate the constructive feedback left this time around. I am making the gun smaller and I will move it down as scaramanga32 has suggested. I will keep the same gun though because this is a theme based on the movie 'Aliens' and the gun is the M41-A Pulse Rifle that the Colonial Marines use including Corporal Hicks :) I will post Colonial Marine v2 soon...

March 19, 2005, 12:48 am
Dont we all know that :)

Its a good concept. If you keep it going, you may create a new aliens vs marines mod.

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 3:10 am
I like it (Big Fan'o'aliens here)! I have to somewhat agree with others tho, needs to be a tad bit smaller. Other than that, keep goin on yur mods they're good. ;)

PS - I'm a genious !

Norse
March 19, 2005, 3:44 am
I say you make that huge gun picture into a pistol instead. That way it would leave a lot of room for the game and not the interface. Also, is this an unregistered ver.?

MercyM
March 19, 2005, 6:31 am
A little too big, don't like it.

Felix
March 19, 2005, 11:40 am
me neither, just make something more soft

Alamo
March 19, 2005, 12:26 pm
It's too big and too complicated for me. I like it small and simple.
IMHO an interface should improve the usability and playability, not block the screen.

papasurf31
March 19, 2005, 12:43 pm
Yes, but being aesthetically pleasing is impottant too, which , I'm sorry to say, this isn't.

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 2:49 pm
I believe it's quite pleasing, and stop telling hicks to make it a pistol ... who in the herr would wont to attack xenomorphs with a pistol? Besides, he clearly stated that he was resizing it ... so be patient.

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 6:18 pm
Check the top of this thread for my new downsized Colonial Marine V2.

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 7:26 pm
This is almost as good as interMface. Good job.

damnnation
March 19, 2005, 7:34 pm
you know if you'd take that GUN away and just use the bars it would also be pretty cool andmaybe some other nades and that box ;) (@ small one)

papasurf31
March 20, 2005, 1:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2This is almost as good as interMface. Good job.

That's harsh ville. True, but harsh...

Cookie`
March 20, 2005, 6:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2This is almost as good as interMface. Good job.

Lol i thought the exact same thing... just center it in the screen and its almost just as good

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 8:28 pm
HMm ...nc Interface . gj ! ^_^

Marine
March 20, 2005, 9:01 pm
That looks sick. I can tell your a fan of the Alien series ;)

I'm just waiting for an Alien mod ;)