( search forums )
[Release 1.5.3] - [SSBot] Soldat Server Bot
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 7:12 am
SSBot (Soldat Server Bot) V1.5.3

~Introduction~
SSBot connects to an IRC server which you may specify in the ?options? dialog, and also connects to an active Soldat server via the admin port, once these connections are established, SSBot will listen for certain commands from in game players. IRC commands are only accepted from either of the 2 owners (Host mask and Nickname are case sensitive). Some features are yet to be added, such as the in game admin commands (example: /kickall). If you come across the slightest bug while using SSBot, please report it to me! Any feedback or command suggestions are welcome. Without your feedback, I won?t be able to improve SSBot!
Customized versions of SSBot are available, but only for special cases.
NOTE: SSBot is designed to work better on the Quakenet IRC Network.

~Installation~
Installation of SSBot is really easy, place all of the downloaded files in a folder (Not your Soldat folder!) and then run SSBot.exe. If this is the first time you are running SSBot, you must click the Options button before clicking Start Bot, otherwise SSBot will crash. Once all settings have been set, you may start using SSBot. Do not forget to add your Owner host mask?s to the owners.txt file! Nicknames are not required!

~Soldat Commands~
The following is a list of commands available to anyone who is playing in your Soldat server.

<prefix>time:
displays the current time. The time displayed is based on the time zone of the computer running SSBot.
<prefix>date:
displays the current date. The date displayed is based on computer running SSBot.
<prefix>ping:
performs a latency check on SSBot.
<prefix>test:
performs a basic check on the bot, if your name is returned exactly as it is, then the bot is working fine, else, contact the owner of the server, or email me.
<prefix>report:
report another player for breaking any of the servers rules, which can vary from server to server. Once a player sends a report, SSBot will send a message to the active IRC channel, informing anyone in the channel that there is an issue in the server. SSBot will also include the player ID reported, along with the name of the person who sent the report. Optionally, if an admin has read the report, the admin may issue a received command, notifying you if he/she has read the report and is on the way. Example: if you wish to report Player8, you must type <prefix>report8. This is pretty pointless in conjuction with the ?admin? command, but oh well?
<prefix>admin:
use this command if you require an admin to assist you. SSBot will call an admin via IRC once this command is passed through SSBot. This command will be customizable in the next version of SSBot.
<prefix>version:
displays the current running version of SSBot.
<prefix>adminstatus:
SSBot will display the current set admin status.

~Ingame Admin Commands~
Admin commands are performed in game. If you are logged in as a game admin you can type commands like /kick 1, which are interpreted by the server, however if you type something like /kickall the commands are sent, but the server does not interpret them, SSBot is able to interpret those commands! This will add a whole new form of administration to a server, this feature will be extremely handy to anyone who is running the bot on a clan war server, commands like /loadscript clanwarsettings will automatically password the server, change the timelimit, remove bonuses, change map, announce a round start, anything you want it to do!

/enable:
this will enable SSBot, so it may listen for in game commands.
/disable:
this will disable SSBot, so it may not listen for in game commands.
/stopbot:
this command will kill SSBot, forcing it to quit itself.
/kickall:
automatically kicks every player in the current Server, including you.
/loadscript scriptname:
if you provide a valid script name, SSBot will perform the actions found within the script you specified (Must be within the /Scripts/ folder ? and end with .txt). This is also case sensitive :(

~IRC Commands~
The following is a list of commands available only to either of the 2 Owners specified in the Options dialog.

<prefix>enable:
this will enable SSBot, so it may listen for in game commands.
<prefix>disable:
this will disable SSBot, so it may not listen for in game commands.
<prefix>echo on:
turns on echo mode, echo mode is when all activity from the Soldat server is echoed to the active IRC channel.
<prefix>echo off:
turns off echo mode, see above for a description of echo mode
<prefix>stopbot:
this command will kill SSBot, forcing it to quit itself.
<PM>cycle:
to perform this command, you must send a PM to SSBot, to send a PM, you must type (assuming you are using a IRC client such as mIRC) /msg YourBot cycle. No prefix is required for this command.
<prefix>say:
use this command to send a server message to everyone in your Soldat server. Example: !say testing 123, testing.
<prefix>adminstatus:
use this command to set your current status. Example: !adminstatus im away for 10 mins. When a player in game says !adminstatus, SSBot will echo saying ?Current Admin Status: im away for 10 mins.?
<prefix>addnameban:
use this command to add a Name to the banned name list. Example: !addnameban Soldier
<prefix>removenameban:
use this command to remove a name from the banned Name list.

The following is a list of commands that are available to anyone who is in the same channel as SSBot.

<prefix>uptime:
this will display how long SSBot has been running for.
<prefix>adminstatus:
(No parameters) SSBot will echo the current Admin status.
<prefix>version:
this will display the version of SSBot.

~Credits~
(See Readme.html)

Screenshot: Click Here!
Download Link: Click Here!
Missing OCX/DLL's?MSWINSCK.OCX - Click Here!MSSTDFMT.DLL - [url="http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt">Click Here!(If you dont know where to put these files - Try putting them in the SSBot folder or C:/WINDOWS/system32/, If error's still appear, try the following: Start -> Run -> Type: REGSVR32 "C:\path\to\dll or ocx\DLLOCXNAME.OCXDLL" <-- Make sure you replace DLLOCXNAME.OCXDLL with the real name...)
~Contact Information~
Author: Nick ?EnEsCe? Cooper
Email: nick@enesce.com
Forum: http://enesce.com/forum/index.php?c=5
Bug Reports: bugs@enesce.com

Yukwunhang
March 19, 2005, 7:48 am
Whoa...really nice. *DL*

JiggaBlue
March 19, 2005, 8:38 am
What we all have been waiting for. :)

Denacke
March 19, 2005, 8:52 am
Time for a test, i'll tell you what it gives :)

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 9:35 am
Wow, sweet work..putting this in the faps list.

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 9:37 am
Thanks for the comments, if anyone gets any other missing DLL errors please contact me via IRC or Email.

Norse
March 19, 2005, 8:10 pm
I really admire your work, EnEsCe! I wish I could program like you!Wow, thats like 5 progs in a matter of like two weeks. :D

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 2:05 am
* Update 1.0.1
- Fixed Error when Saving Settings. (Wrong connection state)
- Admin Connect/Disconnect Compatible with 2.2.7.

hock3y
March 20, 2005, 6:14 pm
Edit: Nevermind

I have it running on my server

MercyM
March 20, 2005, 6:47 pm
I'll test this.

Pulp
March 20, 2005, 9:37 pm
Good job, seems like everything is working well.

The only thing that i'm missing is a 'commands/help'-command, which gave the users (not the admins) all possible commands by servermessage ... hmm, and maybe a button in the control panel which make you able to perfom (manually or automatically) some info ( the commands or " typ !commands to see the commands " ) in the server...

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by PulpGood job, seems like everything is working well.

The only thing that i'm missing is a 'commands/help'-command, which gave the users (not the admins) all possible commands by servermessage ... hmm, and maybe a button in the control panel which make you able to perfom (manually or automatically) some info ( the commands or " typ !commands to see the commands " ) in the server...

You can, type !commands ingame to get a list of commands, and type !help in IRC to get a list of IRC commands...

Pulp
March 21, 2005, 1:13 am
Hmm, strange, '!commands' isn't working ingame, for me.

-edit-

Oh, it does work now. Had to reconnect the connection to my server for an odd reason, although the !time command was working before the reconnect.

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 4:03 am
quote:Originally posted by PulpHmm, strange, '!commands' isn't working ingame, for me.

-edit-

Oh, it does work now. Had to reconnect the connection to my server for an odd reason, although the !time command was working before the reconnect.

Anti-Flood Interval most likely.

Yukwunhang
March 22, 2005, 1:25 pm
It ONLY works on 2.2.7 right?

FliesLikeABrick
March 22, 2005, 2:32 pm
no, it works on at least the past 3 versions, maybe more

Yukwunhang
March 22, 2005, 3:50 pm
So does this works on the dedicated server come along with Soldat 1.2.1?(I'm not sure what version is it) Thanks.

FliesLikeABrick
March 22, 2005, 4:54 pm
no i don't think it does. Anyone running an internet server should NOT use the one that "came with" 1.2.1 ( or 1.2.0). That included server is very very insecure, and very unstable. If you plan on running an internet server, definately run it using 2.2.7

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 9:32 pm
SSBot will work on any dedicated server that has the admin port enabled, the one that comes with soldat does not have an admin port coded into it.

Yukwunhang
March 23, 2005, 3:03 pm
I got a run time error(file not found) when I click on the 'Download new client' button.
I used 2.2.7 and it works now. Thanks.

-EDIT-
The in-game commands don't works for me. Both IRC and Soldat are connected, and the bot is enabled. Everything is fine, except the in-game commands.

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 12:17 am
"I got a run time error(file not found) when I click on the 'Download new client' button."
Make sure the update client is called "Update Client.exe", or if problem persists, rename it to "update.exe" (case sensitive >:|)

"The in-game commands don't works for me."
Well I just went into 2 servers than are using SSBot and type "!commands" and it worked fine. type other commands like !test or !ping to check if the server is sending data to SSBot.

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 1:12 pm
* Update 1.1.0
- Happy Easter Everyone!
- Unlimited Hostmasks added.
WARNING: You MUST create a file called owners.txt, all you need to add in there is your hostmask's, no nickname is required.
- Added Auto-Say Command.
- Fixed error when saying a banned name ingame.
- Removed subnet ban feature (Out dated).

Come on, comments please! :@

kingbob
March 27, 2005, 1:32 pm
Great work on the bot, seems to be running great (y)

dunno if other people are having this problem, but in the soldat console it seems to spit out a whole lot of random characters now and then, its rather annoying. Is this just me or are others having this problem?

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 2:23 pm
Ive never seen this problem before, mind showing what these random characters are and what triggers them to appear?

kingbob
March 27, 2005, 2:51 pm
ok here's a screenshot from the console, checking through it seems that it happens whenever the soldat admin client refreshes itself. i checked this with SARJ also, and it happened there too.

[IMAGE]

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 2:53 pm
I had that too!

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 2:53 pm
iiNet script I presume...

has this only happened while using 1.1.0?

kingbob
March 27, 2005, 2:56 pm
no it happened on both other versions too.

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 2:57 pm
OK, give me 10 minutes and ill have a patch ready for DL.

EDIT: Ok, done. Run the update client and it will download the new EXE. (version number hasnt changed, so you need to run the update client manually)

kingbob
March 27, 2005, 3:00 pm
speedy tech support, now that i like

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 3:02 pm
Heh, two patches in one day, lmao.

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 3:04 pm
ok read my edited post up there ^^

Yeh 2 patches in one day, somone should have told me about this problem earlier... Ive never seen this problem before so its new to me ^_^

EDIT: Run update client 1 more time Kingbob :P

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 3:06 pm
Allright. Thanks.

kingbob
March 27, 2005, 3:07 pm
still occurs :(

EDIT: Haha, hope you didnt upload the same one again

Edit: Still occurs :(

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 3:18 pm
All i can suggest is to download a packet sniffer and tell me the length of the packet that has the screwed up characters (obviously the refresh packet) Ive set it to ignore packet that are over 1000 characters, which is the length of the refresh packet.. so it should actually be working fine now

EDIT: Due to the fact that its 1:20 AM, I made a silly mistake and forgot to check the length of the packet AFTER retrieving it from the buffer... so its fixed now - run the update client 1 last time :)

kingbob
March 27, 2005, 11:07 pm
ah, seems to work great now

Yukwunhang
March 28, 2005, 4:33 am
In-game commands still don't work. Anyway i found that SSB is useless for me XD.

Deleted User
March 28, 2005, 6:34 am
They work, just not for people who's computers mess up the packets, such as your computer.

Yukwunhang
March 28, 2005, 10:25 am
*cries*

Deleted User
March 30, 2005, 2:27 am
* Update 1.5.1
- Recoded the Command + Nickname parse functions.
- Optimized Code (Soldat commands respond quicker!)
- Fixed "first time using SSBot!" popup.
- Some other fixes I cant remember.
- *FIXED REFRESH BUG*

So yukwunhang, the new soldat command parsing function might work for you ^_^

kingbob
March 30, 2005, 4:09 am
oh no the refresh bug is back :(

chrisgbk
March 30, 2005, 7:39 am
Try new version :)

Yukwunhang
March 31, 2005, 6:47 am
OMG OMG OMG IT WORKS YOU ARE MY IDOL I <3 YOU etc etc....
And it respond in 0.000001 sec....<3<3<3

hock3y
April 10, 2005, 3:48 pm
Just thought I'd say it works uber fast since the last update!

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 2:39 pm
* Update 1.5.3
- Fixed echo mode not working
- Scripting coming soon, Hooray for VB!
- Minor bug fixes

FoZ
April 15, 2005, 2:55 pm
VB6 :S *pukes*
good work, aside from the language you did it in :p

hock3y
April 15, 2005, 5:33 pm
I was just thinking, is it possible to include a little box that shows the players and their player numbers, because it is easier to kick/change team of people by player numbers then the actual name. Thanks if you add this feature, other then that keep up the awesome work!

Deleted User
July 23, 2005, 4:04 pm
This would be godlike, except for the fact that it pretty much runs only on QuakeNET. I'm suggesting that you change the IRC-side up a little bit, let it be a bit more accepting of other networks.

KeFear
July 23, 2005, 8:30 pm
like what kind of networks?

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 12:34 am
@KeFear: IRC networks....

I have fixed most of the network incompatibilities, im just too busy fixing stuff with NR-Service to release an update. Maybe soon though.

@hock3y: I cant do that at the moment, VB is too crap when it comes to packets being treated as data records.

KeFear
July 24, 2005, 8:51 am
it's obvious that "IRC networks", the question is which IRC networks...

Teqskater
May 18, 2006, 2:56 pm
wow help me i dont know how to configure ssbot.
i dunno how to find my irc settings in soldat
by server must stand my ip i think. port??? channel, channel key???
omg can somebody help me

Ken the Great
May 18, 2006, 3:10 pm
well the irc server is the network you want it to be in, for example for Quakenet it's irg.quakenet.org, port 6667 and channel is the name of the channel you want the bot to be in, channel key is if the channel has mode +k

(I hope I got it right...) :P