( search forums )
Barretard
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
GunPowder
March 19, 2005, 10:25 am
Hi guys, This my first movie .I hope you like it ,and please again tell me what the bad things in the movie are so that i can fix it in my next one ... Hope you all like it...

Movie name: Barretard
Size : 27 MB
Music used : 1- Quake 3 intro music
2- A little piece of music i composed myself...
Description: It contains about 48 barret kills, Not of all of them are
unique, But i like it ... =D
Links : 1- http://llsc.us/members/mirrored/Barretard.wmv
2- http://u13.net/go.php?id=17

Hope you like it...

P.S : I know that the kills in it are easy done by any barretard, so please don't reply saying that you do those kills everyday and in everymap. I said that the kills aren't unique. They are just kills ...

Felix
March 19, 2005, 11:54 am
er..

don't like barret, and it's just some kills, take so more time on your movies^^
and don't take WMM, it sux^^

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 3:30 pm
I liked the music, but that's about it. Watch some of the other movies we've got floatin' around here, maybe that'll show you some ideas. But don't rip off any of the movies or people will eat your face.

Vijchtidoodah
March 19, 2005, 10:32 pm
It looks like you just played four or five deathmatch rounds on a single server, and then sequentially stuck all of your kills into one movie.

GunPowder
March 19, 2005, 11:48 pm
quote:I liked the music, but that's about it. Watch some of the other movies we've got floatin' around here, maybe that'll show you some ideas. But don't rip off any of the movies or people will eat your face.
Thanks for the advice swazo, Actually i watched most of the movies here, but i only wanna know how to make my next movie better.. Should i increase the kills? , vary them? What should i do?

quote:It looks like you just played four or five deathmatch rounds on a single server, and then sequentially stuck all of your kills into one movie.
WoW,What a nice reply.That's my first movie for god's sake, What do you expect it to be? The matrix IV revolutions reloaded >:(

Norse
March 20, 2005, 12:28 am
Theres no such thing as Matrix IV...looks good though for a first movie. Try to incorporate some interesting tricks every once in a while. Try out something totally unique and exquisite, and yes, your head will be eaten if you copy someone else's work. Swazo made a good point there. :P

GunPowder
March 20, 2005, 12:51 am
quote:Theres no such thing as Matrix IV I know that there's no matrix IV. I was kidding =D.I even said Matrix IV revolutions reloaded. and those are the names of matrix III and II concecutively.....

quote:...looks good though for a first movie. Try to incorporate some interesting tricks every once in a while. Try out something totally unique and exquisite,
Thanks for the encouragement and this precious advice, I'll stick to it .. and the next movie will contain the most unique and exquisite Shots ever . =D ...
quote: and yes, your head will be eaten if you copy someone else's work. Swazo made a good point there. :P
Well, losing my head would be a great loss. Not to me, but to the humanity which will lose my Genius brains. =P

FliesLikeABrick
March 20, 2005, 12:52 am
quote:Originally posted by NorseTheres no such thing as Matrix IV...

someone missed the point...

Vijchtidoodah
March 20, 2005, 1:36 am
GunPowder, there's nothing to get upset about, I was just stating my opinion (albeit bluntly).

However, I am still curious to know if that's really what you did...

If you want your next movie to stand out, try adding some neat tricks (I don't know if there are any for the barret, though) and anything else that might be interesting because if we wanted to see people get killed over and over again, we could simply play the game.

GunPowder
March 20, 2005, 8:38 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahGunPowder, there's nothing to get upset about, I was just stating my opinion (albeit bluntly).

Sorry if i were rude, It's just your words which made me angry but it seems that you are a nice guy . I apologize again =D

quote:if we wanted to see people get killed over and over again, we could simply play the game.

Yeah, you're right ,I'll put that in mind .. =D

quote:However, I am still curious to know if that's really what you did..
I did something like what you expected. I played 4 maps : 2 Arenas ,1Rok, 1Bridge and i extracted those 48 shots from them . =D,not a nice way to make a movie, eh?=D

Vijchtidoodah
March 20, 2005, 8:44 am
quote:Originally posted by GunPowdernot a nice way to make a movie, eh?=D

Not particularly, but don't worry about it, it's only your first attempt.

KnOt
March 20, 2005, 1:35 pm
The way I see it is.. If you can't produce something good, then don't post it. Instead, work on your movie for ages, and surprise everyone! Like Luke did with projectX ..

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 5:08 pm
KnOt, how does he know how good his movie is without releasing it? When you're new at this, you don't know whats good or not.

MercyM
March 20, 2005, 5:23 pm
Amen.

KingerFisher
March 20, 2005, 9:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyKnOt, how does he know how good his movie is without releasing it? When you're new at this, you don't know whats good or not.
Amen for that. You cant know if it's good or not by yourself if you havent got any experience. And the only way to gain experience, just do it and see how it goes. Of course dont do any crap or anything (like i did...)

The movie was ok :) Not good but a good start. Just keep doing them.

GunPowder
March 20, 2005, 11:31 pm
Thanks guys, I really earned a nice experience ... My next movie will rox00rz the sux00rz. =D

KingerFisher
March 21, 2005, 5:27 am
quote:Originally posted by GunPowderThanks guys, I really earned a nice experience ... My next movie will rox00rz the sux00rz. =D

Looking forward to see in the near(or distant, dont know which) future.

Oliver Stannus
March 21, 2005, 7:33 am
Ha ha - don't have the bandwidth to download your file Gunpowder, but I just thought I'd let you know I have an animation already, called 'Barretard X'. I'm not going to chop off your head. I think maybe you should plan a better movie and maybe add some cool jokes or something - but I don't think anyone should be angry with you, as you are creating movies, and not everyone can do that.

Here's My Animation:

[URL]

Forum Topic:

[URL]

I'm planning a second episode which may come out in the next few weeks.

MercyM
March 21, 2005, 12:11 pm
I can still remember that.