( search forums )
Dedicated Server 2.2.7
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Michal Marcinkowski
March 19, 2005, 2:34 pm
Available here: http://www.soldat.pl/down-s.html

- changed server start parameters, admin password is only passed in soldat.ini, can specify config file and mapslist:
./soldatserver port maxplayers config maplist

- Fixed logs to not take so much CPU power, all filelogs are now updated every minute only

- Added info in console about Admin connection IP

- /setteam5 works on all game modes

Denacke
March 19, 2005, 3:45 pm
quote:- Added info in console about Admin connection IP

Very happy to see this!

KeYDoN
March 19, 2005, 6:34 pm
quote:- Fixed logs to not take so much CPU power, all filelogs are now updated every minute only

oh no :(, i have made an soldatserver irc live script(players can talk with irc idler's, much fun =)), i dont want to make a 1min-delay.
so plz make it like an option which we can switch on or off, pllzzz =)

Michal Marcinkowski
March 19, 2005, 6:36 pm
Use the old server if it is crucial for you. Maybe I can make the delay moddable in future versions.

KeYDoN
March 19, 2005, 6:50 pm
i hope so :)
gj with the admin ip :D

PureGrain
March 19, 2005, 6:50 pm
Is this version still needeing the fix that TANK wrote?

Or has these issues been resolved with this release?

KeYDoN
March 19, 2005, 7:09 pm
oohh sry, i remembered i dont use the logs for the irc-live-script, i use it for pasting the scores, phew so it isnt so importent to make it modable :)

Michal Marcinkowski
March 19, 2005, 8:40 pm
>> Is this version still needeing the fix that TANK wrote?
I don't know, it's up to you to test it.

PureGrain
March 19, 2005, 11:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiAvailable here: http://www.soldat.pl/down-s.html

- changed server start parameters, admin password is only passed in soldat.ini, can specify config file and mapslist:

If we can specify config file. Does this mean we can have a seperate file for configuration along with the server.ini?

Say for example I wanted to have the server name, pass info seperate on another .ini file, how would I pass this too the server?

So you get my point I want info to pass from the server.ini file and a seperate config.ini file.

n00bface
March 19, 2005, 11:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by PureGrainquote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiAvailable here: http://www.soldat.pl/down-s.html

If we can specify config file. Does this mean we can have a seperate file for configuration along with the server.ini?

Say for example I wanted to have the server name, pass info seperate on another .ini file, how would I pass this too the server?

So you get my point I want info to pass from the server.ini file and a seperate config.ini file.

That's not possible right now, but it has been suggested a lot. Maybe something for the next version? *cough*

AWH_ReApEr
March 19, 2005, 11:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski- Added info in console about Admin connection IP

What exactly does this do? The only time I ever see an IP in console, is when someone remotely connects to the server. Then it displays the server's IP.

quote:05-03-19 17:36:54 Admin connected (**.**.**.**).

The IP there is my server's IP. Was this what it was intended to do? =/

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 12:41 am
It shows the IP of the person who connected to the TCP port...

AWH_ReApEr
March 20, 2005, 1:44 am
Well, it's only showing the IP of the server for me.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 20, 2005, 12:47 pm
>> Well, it's only showing the IP of the server for me.
Is it like this for everyone?

>>So you get my point I want info to pass from the server.ini file and a seperate config.ini file.
Well you'll have to use multiple soldat.ini files and just change the pass and name, for now.

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 1:53 pm
Great work Michal, thanks for the quick response, im also involved with the same game network as plasma.

This will make setting up a ladder so much easier.

Great job, in testing as we speak :)

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 2:44 pm
The only problem I see with this latest release (windows build at least) is that it will not reply to queries from programs that use the ASE protocol for example.

Is this a bug? When will this be fixed?

FliesLikeABrick
March 21, 2005, 2:50 pm
yes, i think this bug originated in 2.2.6 or 2.2.5 and also affects linux servers as well.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 21, 2005, 2:53 pm
>> it will not reply to queries from programs that use the ASE protocol

Could you tell me more about his bug?

MercyM
March 21, 2005, 3:03 pm
/setteam5? What is the fifth team?

Aquarius
March 21, 2005, 3:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by MercyM/setteam5? What is the fifth team?

spectator

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 3:20 pm
Michal: Basically, heres the lowdown.

We originally had our two servers up on the soldat client based server running in dedicated mode (-dedicated -start). These servers were queried fine.

However, now that we have switched over to the dedicated server software (2.2.7), our ASE query implementation (which works *fine* on all other ASE games, including soldat on the old server we had up as mentioned above), the server shows as DOWN and we cannot connect to it.

Can you ensure you have the ASE protcol in tact and in working order for the dedicated server files? Im using the windows version, but others (I think) have reported the same with the linux copy (See other threads in this forum).

Can you acknowledge/fix the bug if you come across it please, its holding us back now from having players play and creating a ladder.

This definatly seems to be a problem on the dedicated server itself, as I said, the old server was queried fine with our ASE query implementation, in addition, our implementation works fine for all other ASE games we support.

Let me know if you find anything or need more information.

Cheers

Optik
March 21, 2005, 5:05 pm
good work michal will test it out on my server when i get back from school and if it works will update to this version box-wide so will cache more bugs that way hopefully :P nice feature with the cpu because live isn't really needed but it would be nice to have that option like someone mentioned, the ip admin thing will test it on my server will let you know but if it works ok will defn. be nice
out for now

MercyM
March 21, 2005, 6:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquariusquote:Originally posted by MercyM/setteam5? What is the fifth team?

spectator
Right.

Vostok 4
March 21, 2005, 8:16 pm
OK, after some testing the server still crashes for clients.

I'm using linux 2.2.7 with logging, and what happens when it crashes is all the people time out during the game, then when you try to request a game it just times out.

The admin console is fully functional, it responds to ctrl+c and I can connect as a remote admin to the server and when I get a refresh of the players its the list of whoever was on when it crashed. Turning off logging did not help this. So the server looks fine from the console, but you can't actually connect. Happens variably, but usually within 8 hours.

PureGrain
March 21, 2005, 9:05 pm
Here is what I am asking.

Can I set up a server.ini with the (Client) info that can be managed by clients on it and have a seperate ini file for the server?

What I am saying is. Ok, I know that I can just rename the server.ini file and run multiple copies from one install, that is great, but my question is can I setup a game server for someone, give them a control panel to use which I have a demo for in another thread, and them only have access to change servername, admin pass and server pass? Thus having another ini file for server settings.

server.ini = Server settings that cannot be controlled by user.
user.ini = Server settings thatcan be controled by user.

Hope I am clear on this.

One quick note is, if I made this seperate and just wanted to add a variable to the existing server ini, what is the command to get it too include the secondary ini file?

Vostok 4
March 21, 2005, 10:47 pm
I am assuming this is for your WebMin panel? Why not just let the user edit only the Servername/Adminpass/Serverpass through the panel of the main file? That way you don't need two files but the user doesn't see options for the other files.... It's not that hard.

Optik
March 21, 2005, 11:38 pm
puregrain this is not cs... lol
but yea like vostok said alow them to edit only some lines with a php script or such i'm gonna be actually making that myself soon for my guys
and
vostok about that bug it existed be4 this release happened to me a couple of times you can login with admin and all except nothing works and you can't really use it but can still connect weird stuff lol

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 2:17 am
Michal, just a bit more info for you on the ASE issue, our servers don't even show up on the ASE list even though it is turned on in the ini file.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 4:14 am
ASE hasn't worked with the dedicated server for aaages.... Its in the FAQ/Readme or somthing...

Optik
March 22, 2005, 12:18 pm
tested on a few servers still probs with dieing for no reason apparently in logs usually when someone joins dunno
other than that nice update i guess

Aquarius
March 22, 2005, 2:06 pm
Adding bots crashes the version.
Anyone can confirm?

Elephant_Hunter
March 22, 2005, 8:46 pm
I sometimes get crashes when starting a new map.

Futile
March 23, 2005, 12:21 am
This new version requires logging=1 for some reason. Or is it only for me that it crashes at startup if its off?

I don't want loggs, since I tend to avoid all disk-access on my server.

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 12:37 pm
any update on query fix?

FliesLikeABrick
March 23, 2005, 12:44 pm
considering the ASE query bug has been around for a couple versions now, i would advise people to just wait until a fix is out... you will undoubtedly hear about it if you are anywhere on the forums. Don't keep bringing it up and asking about it, because that is rather pointless

Optik
March 23, 2005, 8:25 pm
futile yea i got crashed soldat do when i disabled logging... so tere's one bug and still about the admin connected forget who posted but it shows me only the server's ip as well Admin connected (72.36.131.226). (server's ip)
so MM look into it plz cause it's useless if it only gives the server's ip
ty

Michal Marcinkowski
March 23, 2005, 10:13 pm
I'll try to release a patch in the next few days.

Deleted User
March 25, 2005, 5:10 am
Update? :)

Karvinen
March 26, 2005, 7:31 am
I disabled lobby registration
Connection=LAN
Lobby_Register=0

but it still floods:
Registering server @ lobby.soldat.pl
Registering server @ selfkill.com

Denacke
March 26, 2005, 10:41 am
quote:Originally posted by AquariusAdding bots crashes the version.
Anyone can confirm?

I have not had any problems with it, had a server up and running for 2 hours with 25 boogie men and it did not crash.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 26, 2005, 11:34 am
Karvinen: I hade to hardcode lobby registration because of some problems.
If you don't want to register the server just delete the addresses in lobby_server.txt.

Darkspirit
April 9, 2005, 4:28 pm
WOW COOL!! I founded a piece from my planned map project, thanx michal.m!!