( search forums )
Demonic's suggestion pack
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeMonIc
March 19, 2005, 2:36 pm
I didn't post this while Meandor was away from keyboard.. that'd be like backstabbing. So anyway: I'm sure plenty of the following suggestions have came up before, I'm not taking credit for those which were suggested by other people. Here it goes:

Score status improvement
This is about that little thing that shows when you hit F2. I think it shouldn't just show how far you are from the leader, but it should show
- If you are not in the lead:
-- The leader's score
-- The score of the guy above you by 1.
-If you are in the lead:
-- The score of the man behind you by 1.
-- How far you are from the score limit.

Don't stop actions when an animation starts
This has been bugging me since I have played Soldat. When you do an action (eg. shooting, reloading, throwing) you can't get up/go down in prone stance, or if you can, it stops your action. Fix this. Please.

Animated scenery
(I didn't find anything like this)
I think Soldat should support gifs, even animated gifs for graphics, such as sceneries. Why? Because we could make Soldat maps more "lively". Oil rigs in the background, fighting soldiers, moving clouds.. the list is endless.

The Saw
1. Fix that damage area position.
2. If you hit someone with a saw, maybe the enemy should drop his weapon.

Movement
1. A dodging move. It's simple: it eats half of your fuel, but you blast yourself away quite a distance. Left and right only.
2. If you press down in air, your Soldat should jet himself towards the ground.

MercyM
March 20, 2005, 2:18 pm
Score status improvement
1. Can't you count?
2. Yup
3. Yup
4. Can't you count?
Don't stop actions when an animation starts: Yup
Animated scenery: Yup, just like in the 1.05b
The Saw
1. Yup
2. Nope
Movement
1. Dunno
2. Yup

LazehBoi
March 20, 2005, 8:18 pm
I think having .gifs could make maps long to load. Then again they -would- be smaller in size... I'd like it though.
Basically the only thing that I do whenever i play Soldat now is use the saw, and i'd like it fixed. :<
I don't really like the dodging thing, but jetting yourself to the ground would make it SO much more fun.

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 8:54 pm
All of those suggestions are cool...
but i agree only with :
Fix that damage area position. with saw
Animation fiX
Animated scenery