( search forums )
Custom Teams
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Michal
March 19, 2005, 6:11 pm
Some of these ideas have been suggested before, but I would like to compile them into one thread.

These are some options that I think would add some variation to team games.

Flag Colour - The ability to change the colour of the flag, it would also change the font colour of team specific text and messages.

Team names - Instead of alpha versus bravo a server admin should be able to name the teams whatever they want. Like "Marines versus Zombies" or something like that. I think it would be nice to have themed games. It would also be useful for clan matches.

Uniforms - I think the server admin should be able to determine what each team wears as well as the colours. Options could range from changing just shirt colours, to changing everything (hair, headgear, etc.). Again this would be good for themed games and clanmatches.

This would probably best be implemented in the dedicated server.
I think these options would make team matches better. Instead of the same old red vs. blue it would be nice to see variation, a respectable admin could make good use of all these possibilities whether it be for themed games, clanmatches, or just a simple change of colours. I think it would make playing Soldat just a little more interesting.

MercyM
March 20, 2005, 2:14 pm
I like this one, very nice ideas.

Jaz
March 20, 2005, 2:49 pm
I made this idea awhile back.. thread was called Clan colours

Keron Cyst
March 20, 2005, 4:30 pm
I can see it now: Alpha wears red & yellow, and Bravo wears red, white, & blue B-) I think flag color should stay, tho'. Altitude had team names, so I don't see why Soldat can't.

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 8:58 pm
All are cool ideas ..I like them .
but clanmatch colors u can choose in soldat config ...
..but i think u mean something other...

Vanana
March 21, 2005, 1:20 am
hmmm
maybe this idea would fit better in
clanwars, a clan with its own uniform
and flag design...

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 12:42 pm
yah i like these ideas, maybe they'll be added soon or something.

Boer
March 21, 2005, 3:25 pm
Id really like it if every team had their own sidearm ( bravo has crossbow alfa flamer etc . Or at the very least, disabling and enabling guns for different strats for each team.

Zero72
March 21, 2005, 9:12 pm
Definitely a good idea, Michal. I support this one, all of it.

kwanfei
March 21, 2005, 11:49 pm
It would be cool to see this, but who will chose the colors and names? The host? The first player that joins the team? or maybe we can have a team leader.

Rambo_6
March 22, 2005, 2:40 am
I dislike the uniforms idea, since i enjoy freedom of clothing. Maybe there could be some way that a team can decide on their name, like maybe a vote or something.

Zero72
March 22, 2005, 6:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 I dislike the uniforms idea, since i enjoy freedom of clothing.Lack of freedom of clothing in team matches is nothing new. You need to be able to tell the bad guy from the good guy, dude. =P quote: Maybe there could be some way that a team can decide on their name, like maybe a vote or something.That would be a very awkward system.

Rhombus
March 22, 2005, 7:08 am
ye, ppl voting for a stupid name, then changing teams :s

kwanfei
March 22, 2005, 8:37 pm
ya, voting is a good idea

STEELIX
March 22, 2005, 9:03 pm
people could make clothes colours not easily distinguishable as well, like two very looking alike reds...
How about a few pre-defined colours like red, yellow, blue, green, pink, the lot...

Messiah
March 22, 2005, 9:06 pm
I like the idea of uniforms, i wish it would be optional to have default or uniforms :D Plus, shoe colors!