( search forums )
mac 10 better....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Kirby_106
March 19, 2005, 8:25 pm
Better silenced or unsilenced?

mar77a
March 19, 2005, 8:30 pm
Emm, unsilenced, but what has that to do with Soldat?

Kirby_106
March 19, 2005, 8:36 pm
im making a mod and im wondering which ones better, cause I made two versions.

peemonkey
March 19, 2005, 8:52 pm
most mac10's aint gonna have a silencer. it's the poor(er) man's AK

Hanz
March 19, 2005, 10:04 pm
Mac 10 is nothing like the AK, its an SMG. The AK is an assualt Rifle, so technically, the poor mans M4A1 Colt would be the AK.

The MAC 10 would be the poor mans Mp5 Navy.

Alamo
March 19, 2005, 11:19 pm
the mac 10 is not the poor mans mp5 navy... these guns have different uses. the mac 10 is the smg of the disco age! :)

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 8:35 pm
AK's are actualy more powerful then the Maveric Series (M16 , M4 etc.) Why did the troop who found an AK47 in Nam not hand it in to a superior? Because it was better then the M16 and didn't jam in the heat and moisture. A MAC has a higher rate of fire then an MP5, but the MP5 is more reliable.

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 9:14 pm
this is totally IRRELEVANT to soldat but...unsilenced

Green Barret
March 22, 2005, 12:28 pm
Sorry to bring up a irrelevent topic...

Arg.. I highly disagree with people who say the M-16 is worse than the AK-47 or vis-versa. It is totally open to argument, and each is better in its onw respect. In general opinion the M-16 is a much better marksman rifle(with some modification it can be an effective sniper rifle) while the AK-47 is great for mass training(one of the reasons why its popular among terrorists) and has better stopping power.

And do not bring out the Vietnam war on this. The infamous M-16 jamming was due to the wrong ammunition type that was used. The M-16 was issued with ball ammunition, which was not the type of round the M-16 was designed for. Therfore, it is not the M-16's fault, but some moronic officer who decided to ship the wrong ammo with it.

About the MP5 being better than the mac-10... this isn't a simple matter of which is more reliable. The MP5 is famous for its accuacy(why would special forces use it?) while the mac-10, built solely for mass production from every aspect, is highly inaccuarate, partly due to its extremly(i think unneeded) high rate of fire.

"The mac is a poor mans Ak" is a saying used among gangsters and GTA nerds as they are widely avalible on the black market(and in games). At the black market, the mac is much cheaper than the Ak, and thus this saying was born.

Onto topic: Your question was not specific. What do you mean exactly by "better"? In my opinion the Mac-10 is better unsilenced as silencing it(1100 rpm) has little tactical valve.

March 22, 2005, 1:21 pm
PLEASE! IT DOESNT MATTER WHETHER ITS SILENCED OR NOT! People hear it the same. No matter how much you change it. The MAC-10 is a poor grade uzi. Its not as accurate. It could be the mp5. Whatever you do, dont silence it.

lieroguy
March 22, 2005, 6:27 pm
quote:Quote by Gree Barret...

Arg.. I highly disagree with people who say the M-16 is worse than the AK-47 or vis-versa. It is totally open to argument, and each is better in its onw respect. In general opinion the M-16 is a much better marksman rifle(with some modification it can be an effective sniper rifle) while the AK-47 is great for mass training(one of the reasons why its popular among terrorists) and has better stopping power.

And do not bring out the Vietnam war on this. The infamous M-16 jamming was due to the wrong ammunition type that was used. The M-16 was issued with ball ammunition, which was not the type of round the M-16 was designed for. Therfore, it is not the M-16's fault, but some moronic officer who decided to ship the wrong ammo with it.

About the MP5 being better than the mac-10... this isn't a simple matter of which is more reliable. The MP5 is famous for its accuacy(why would special forces use it?) while the mac-10, built solely for mass production from every aspect, is highly inaccuarate, partly due to its extremly(i think unneeded) high rate of fire.

"The mac is a poor mans Ak" is a saying used among gangsters and GTA nerds as they are widely avalible on the black market(and in games). At the black market, the mac is much cheaper than the Ak, and thus this saying was born.

Onto topic: Your question was not specific. What do you mean exactly by "better"? In my opinion the Mac-10 is better unsilenced as silencing it(1100 rpm) has little tactical valve.

It is true that the M-16/M4 is a better makrmsan rifle. However, most engagement ranges are small enough that this is rarely a concern. AK-47 or 74's are highly reliable, and despite justifications of the M16's performances for surgical work, it falls apart in any harsh enviroment... like the plains of Kansas. I went to a tatical shooting meet, and the M16s, M4s, and AR15s jammed frequently, despite all of the toys stapled to the gun, turning an unreliable, albeit accurate, gun into a unreliable gun that lights up. It may be a precision rifle, but it shouldn't be standard issue.

I agree, if you're going to pick a SMG, go with the MP5. Heckler & Koch makes superb weapons (those Germans really know how to kill) that are both reliable and accurate. Silencing a weapon, depending on both the weapon and the silencer, will probably drop the weapon's power, and sometimes a few other wierd side effects.

MercyM
March 22, 2005, 7:01 pm
Unsilenced.