( search forums )
Dedicated Server & All Seeing Eye
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Commoner
March 20, 2005, 2:14 am
Has anyone been able to get the Dedicated Server 2.2.6 or above working with All Seeing Eye? It is of particular importance for me since I use it to display information of what map is playing and how many players there are on our Soldat Servers at our website.

Right now as far as I can tell only the dedicated server that comes with Soldat 1.2.1 has the ability to respond to All Seeing Eye at all.

Correct my if I'm wrong but since the support for All Seeing Eye already exists in the Soldat 1.2.1 dedicated server, wouldn't it be fairly easy to implement it on the 2.2.6 Dedicated Server as well?

n00bface
March 20, 2005, 2:20 am
No, because there's problems getting the Linux server to register to the All Seeying Eye. Tank made a script here that will register your server to the All Seeing Eye (more info in that post)

FliesLikeABrick
March 20, 2005, 3:02 am
It isn't only the linux server that has a problem registering, my windows servers haven't been registering either.

Commoner
March 20, 2005, 3:14 am
Yup, I was actually talking about a Windows Server not responding to the All Seeing Eye query. Just because there are problems implementing it for Linux Servers doesn't mean it should be disabled for Windows Servers as well.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 20, 2005, 12:42 pm
There were some problems because when I made it only for Windows the linux server wanted to register also and errors came out, I have no idea why. Maybe I'll check it again in the next patch.

Commoner
March 20, 2005, 3:21 pm
It might be a good idea to just create seperate binaries for the Windows Dedicated Server and the Linux Dedicated Server if the issue can't be easily solved so that atleast people can put up servers using the latest Dedicated Server Binaries on Windows platform without sacrificing All Seeing Eye support. Just a suggestion.

As a side note, I noticed that Action Mode doesn't seem to work well with Survival Mode in Team Deathmatch. For some reason I get the feeling that under these settings, it becomes extremely hard to gain new weapons. Not sure if this is caused by a bug or if this is intended, just thought you'd like to know.

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 2:41 pm
Can you query the latest dedicated server using a packet or something?

The query code that was used to retrieve status information for the server worked fine if the server was the soldat client and GUI based, but the latest (windows) dedicated server, v2.2.7, does not respond to query requests.

Why not? Is there a fix?

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 10:21 am
This really does need to be fixed, even if its just for Windows.

Can you atleast make a release for Windows supporting ASE?

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 1:09 pm
Yea i second that, and have contacted Michal about it.

Vostok 4
March 23, 2005, 3:50 pm
Commoner for now just use the online servers list provided by Michal and Soldat, its easy to parse. (If the webserver is local to the servers just use the gamestat.txt file)

Commoner
March 26, 2005, 6:18 am
Actually for now I'm just using the dedicated server that come with 1.2.1 release. On the downside it crashes atleast once a day but I usually catch it crashing before more than a couple of hours to restart the servers.

hock3y
March 26, 2005, 5:37 pm
I'd be careful, somebody said that the server that comes with 1.2.1 is highly insecure.

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 7:03 pm
Has this been patched in the new version?