( search forums )
Why Can't We Be Friends?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Hanz
March 20, 2005, 6:21 am
I noticed, there aren't many servers that I can play on without being called a "Noob", "Gay", "Generic Insult". I was just on a CTF server just then, and I was winning, I was in the lead with points and kills. I was using the Desert Eagles and my Socom. About half the people there were calling me all these names listed above.

I think it is sad when people have to resort to this kind of thing because they are:

1. Losing
2. Not As Skilled As Other Players
3. Pre-Pubecent
4. Inconsiderate Pricks.

Where has all the honor gone is Soldat? If I ever come across someone who is better than me, or beating me, I applaud them. I tell them they are great players, usually a response to that is something like "Yer Mutter is a great player". I mean come on, people can't even take a compliment without trying to be the next star of "Your Mother" jokes. Usually followed up by calling me a "Fag". Who are they to question my Sexual orientation? I live half way across the world and they have never even met me before, come on! Besides, what is wrong with gay people, is it really that bad, too many homophobes...(Im not gay by the way...)

There doesn't seem to be any honor amoung Soldats anymore, too much whining, kicking for no reason, and lack of maturity. This game is meant to be fun, I don't mind talking smack and trash to people, but its gone way too far. I think it is time for people to wise up a little and show a little more respect to fellow players, lets start here on this forum at least...

P.S - Flame Away!..lol...just kidding.

MercyM
March 20, 2005, 6:24 am
Hmm... Good point.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
March 20, 2005, 6:29 am
People are going to do this when they are given the chance. People are people. You cant change that.

Jap_man
March 20, 2005, 6:38 am
Yes, immature little pricks are annoying, but there really isn't much you can do about it.
I mean even if you ask them to show some maturity, they'll just start saying things like "you [insert stupid insult here] I'm going kick you from this server".
It's an annoying part of soldat, which unfourtunately wont die out soon.
The best way to avoid immaturity ammongst other players is playing with people you know, or play in those passworded servers.

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 20, 2005, 7:10 am
The Vote Kick system is an annoyance and a blessing at the same time: It gives better protection against hackers, but at the same time, gives these pricks the power they need to say "Hey! I can kick you and I WILL do it if you don't agree with me!"

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 8:14 am
I totally agree you on this one, Hanz. I've seen some people calling even his whole own team as "noobies" because he tries to act so godlike himself. Unfortunately, there aren't servers without any whining at some point.

And those "your mother", "your father" etc. -"jokes" are getting too old. They should change it already.

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 9:12 am
quote:Originally posted by HanzI think it is sad when people have to resort to this kind of thing because they are:

1. Losing
2. Not As Skilled As Other Players
3. Pre-Pubecent
4. Inconsiderate Pricks.

Amen, brother!

b00stA
March 20, 2005, 9:44 am
[IMAGE]

.alex.oner.
March 20, 2005, 11:41 am
i think most people say 'gay' once they die as they think its gay.. lol, there not calling the person who killed them gay.. i dont think anyway. But yea, i could be wrong.. but it is very annoying when people do use random insults on yourself or others, thats the only time i actualy vote on kick votes.. (i never start them though)

Liber_Lupus
March 20, 2005, 11:47 am
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.i think most people say 'gay' once they die as they think its gay.. lol, there not calling the person who killed them gay.. i dont think anyway. But yea, i could be wrong.. but it is very annoying when people do use random insults on yourself or others, thats the only time i actualy vote on kick votes.. (i never start them though)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gay
How is death in a game gay? Does death sleep with the same sex he is?

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 11:51 am
Gay: Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.
DYING IN GAMES IS GAY!!!

Mini Man
March 20, 2005, 12:25 pm
Here is a good tip, dont play public get in a clan & play with them in fcw & training, its a much more friendly enviroment, i havent played public for years....

Zero Wiggles Murasame
March 20, 2005, 12:40 pm
when I say good job, they don't respond at all. it hurts.

Keron Cyst
March 20, 2005, 4:35 pm
Heh. They're just jerks who want to tick you off psychologically so you play worse :-P I just ignore 'em.

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 5:02 pm
That's the way the world is, no point tryin' to change it.

MercyM
March 20, 2005, 5:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero Wiggles Murasamewhen I say good job, they don't respond at all. it hurts.
What if they respond "[IMAGE] you, fag"?

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 5:11 pm
this kid is great, you have such good ideas and points and i think the world would be a much happier place if everyone in it was like you, i must agree that i have seen the same things countless times in SOLDAT. you say "great job" and the person says "shut up faggot". wtf???
totally agree dude... totally agree...

SGT.Joey
March 20, 2005, 6:03 pm
ya man those population of homophobes and ppl who take the game up the ass are growing they keep on coming but that happens to me im ahead then they all start callin me names all i do is play on and kill them all"Sure theyll come back" but If you keep on killing them then your just humiliating them and they wont know it.

Roy
March 20, 2005, 7:27 pm
I concur.

But I can't resist talking [IMAGE] to the lame barretard losers out there. They really annoy me and piss me off. Use anything besides Barret or M79 and I'll be your friend.

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 8:30 pm
Yeh I often meet people like this, I have fast reactions, I jump along the map to move faster, and I fly as often asIi can, one guy emptied a Steyr clip at me and only hit twice, he called me a "hacking prick", "looser", "gay", and some of the other usual insults. They are just sore loosers.

lastpatriot
March 20, 2005, 8:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by RoyI concur.

But I can't resist talking [IMAGE] to the lame barretard losers out there. They really annoy me and piss me off. Use anything besides Barret or M79 and I'll be your friend.

Roy speaks the truth. Here's a memory:

A barretard hides in the tall grass in Bigfalls. He shoots me, I die. At least he moves after the shot, unlike most 'tards. I respawn, and see him off the side of the screen, but he doesn't see me. I "roll 'n prone", and he sees the movement, and shoots. I dodge, and prone again. While he is looking for me, I unload an MP5 clip into his face.

Me: Now we're even for the sniping.

Him: You goddamn noob camper! *logs off*.

The Geologist
March 20, 2005, 8:57 pm
You're both whiners. Get the hell over it and learn to deal with the guns people choose.

Elephant_Hunter
March 20, 2005, 9:27 pm
Don't complain. Honorable soldats applaud fellow players that do a good job. They refrain from calling other folks "barretard", "m79whore", "spawner" and so on... because these are all labels that we ourselves hold. They are warfare strategies.

I really think Michal should put some of this in the manual.

vash763
March 21, 2005, 1:59 am
haha i played w/ u last night elephant. i just get used to it, public servers suck and theres nuthin u can do. i luv it wen u do find sum1 that complemints u back though lol

Gen0cide
March 21, 2005, 2:01 am
Insulting is a strategy.I don't use it though..
I'm just too good :P
Heh,not.

Vijchtidoodah
March 21, 2005, 2:10 am
Hmm...I've never insulted anyone better than me or been insulted by anyone that I'm beating. I do, however, whine like nobody's business when I'm getting killed repeatedly by a camper who dies only to go back to the same exact spot...especially when they're camping in my base.

Hanz
March 21, 2005, 2:20 am
Technically, shoulden't you be able to kill him since you know he is in the exact same spot. Knowing he is there should just make it easier.

Back to the topic at hand...People are just too hyped up in their own ego to really care what they say, in their own world they are god. And if anyone disagrees with them, they are gay. I think this is what turned me away from soldat for a little while, im not exactly the sensitive type at all, but when people just insult more and more, it loses the value of the game. It may be a strategy, but a low one at that, like I said before...the honor is few and far between...

I think most of the players just need to take off their diapers and hit puberty, maturity is the key.

Marine
March 21, 2005, 3:52 am
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the internet.

Kazuki
March 21, 2005, 4:03 am
I completely agree with you. The sad truth is that what you talk about can't be applied. People are people, and that's the whole story.

Why, just today I was 'playing' with a fellow named GHANDI. All he did was Mini-surf. This is when I come in. I ask him to stop, and he ignores me. I ask him a second time, and he says that he doesn't care what people think and that he doesn't care if he's being annoying. At this point, he's starting to get me frustrated, because my M79 practice is going by too fast. This is when I tell him to stop, more commanding-like. He calls me a 'nub' and so-forth. He continues on to say that he's owning me because of his score. He had scored twice already, and his score was 56. This gets on my nerves, and I confront him with the fact that he only has 6 kills, and that scoring twice while minisurfing is nothing to brag about, therefore he is owning nothing. Then he says that he is also beating me in kills, which was not true. I had 16 and he had 6 (56- 50). He retorts by saying that I need to learn how to count. Eventually, this turns into an argument, and he uses crap logic like "I am so much better than you, just look at the scores." At this point I decide to annoy him because of the way he's acting. I kill him and tell him that he sucks, and that I'm better than he is. He starts to use terms like "moron, b*tch, and nub." In the end, I remained calm and annoyed the hell out of him. He eventually stopped responding and left when I continued to hunt him down.

So what's my point? You can't be nice to everyone. No matter how good of a person you are, there are always exceptions.

shyke
March 21, 2005, 4:39 am
I see all your points but when they call me names like that for getting serial kills with my Minigun in a heavily populated server, I just change to my knife and kill him repeatedly until they leave because most people will leave when they get hit with a knife and die that way four or five times.

Yerond
March 21, 2005, 5:16 am
the only thing I've said that was bad was "man my team sucks" when they were all being camping newbs apart from me and 1 other, and we were getting pwned to death by the other team. Sometimes I also get pretty frustrated when a player constantly kills me (especially with a m79 or baretta, but more m79)or is being an idiot.. I usually just remain calm and try to pwn them back as much as possible.

Gen0cide
March 21, 2005, 5:20 am
Lol..
'Baratta'?
Barrett.
And it's easy to dodge a barrett or m79..well an arcing m79..and just use bink,they won't be able to get you.

SPARTAN_III
March 21, 2005, 7:27 am
i try not to say things like "f*ck you b4574rd h4xx0r!!!1" too often. but if we get on a killing spree and someone kills us, it DOES piss me off. everyone please try to be more civil.

insulting is a diversionary tactic used to distract people from shooting. don't let it bother you. everyone does it.

Shivorken
March 21, 2005, 8:25 am
I only insult if im getting really pissed off, if its a camper, then i say "DAMN CAMPER" or where the camper is, ohter than that, i applaud better players and don't say anything to the crappy players. If the annoying "Kick: =[AOD]= Shivorken" sign comes up, then i say that i don't cheat and nobody kicks me anyway. Try being friendly to other players and they might be friendly back ... like what happens when im in a server with only a few people.

Vijchtidoodah
March 21, 2005, 8:34 am
Absolutely Shivorken, that's why I love nearly empty servers: everyone is so damn nice.

DeMonIc
March 21, 2005, 9:42 am
I have to admit, I myself used to [IMAGE] a lot. And whine. Aside that, I'm a cocky ass to everyone, there's only a minority of people that I respect. When encountering complete morons however, I use a simple script in reaction.

Step 1:
Act nice and civilized. Afterall, it's just a video game, no need to get angry about it? We're not barbarians, we can solve this in a civilized way.
Step 2:
When Step 1 doesn't work, proceed to Step 2. Speech warfare. Talking some sense in him. There's no need to get angry.
Step 3:
Shove civilization. Time to switch to your primary tactic, and keep your anger pointed at that moron. Annoying taunts are also usefull. This can end 2 ways: He leaves, or he calls for a vote kick on you.

DT
March 21, 2005, 4:00 pm
... can i kill you..[OFFTOPIC OF COURSE WE KNOW THAT]
people like that... kinda piss me off...
wining... losing... it doesn't really matter... thiers no score saving (unless your on U13) but even then with scoring people try to do the cheapest things to win... and that in turn pisses people off and when people are pissed off... then we are not to friendly...
for example... the ak long range.... can kill around 5 players in one clip and deagles can only kill 3 (i'm talking lucky shots though like head shots and stuff)....
but the other thing is that deagles have more power and will kill a aker faster and will win unless thier attacking long range...
barret and mp79... long range with longer reload time or shot range and shoter reload time...
you see... many weapons have thier own strong and weak points
of course in the end long range > short range... and people get pissed off THAT.
[stopranting]

anyways my poiont is that... many people complain about the weaponms but if you know each weapons strong point and weak point then you can win... thats why i've been mostly using all the weapons and try to master em...
but i still like deagles and laws....
2nd the insulting when you die or something.

DT has killed soldier with deagles
Soldar: AimBot!!!
Soldier has casted a vote kick on DT

that happens way to much... if someone is better then you just oviously get stronger! Don't be cheap and grief.

lastly of all.... for the total noobs or [IMAGE]s or whatever you wana call em...
just leave... so much easier to do... but when you can't or don't want to then you have 3 optiions...
1. chalange him... kill him repeatedly and when you own him all the time he will leave... or at least that what happens when i beat em
2. get people to vote kickem... heh it will even ban em to... (my 2nd fav but hardly ever works.)
3. taste of thier own medicane..
be cheap like them... don't really need to explane that...

although many people will act like [IMAGE]s because they are on the internet and can change thier name and have no conciquences...

ThaD
March 21, 2005, 9:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki

Why, just today I was 'playing' with a fellow named GHANDI. All he did was Mini-surf. This is when I come in. I ask him to stop, and he ignores me. I ask him a second time, and he says that he doesn't care what people think and that he doesn't care if he's being annoying. At this point, he's starting to get me frustrated, because my M79 practice is going by too fast.

Well I'd propably do the same as this guy did, just ignore you (but that's just because I never argue while playing). Minigun surfing can be annoying for one, but it's not forbidden. It's not a cheat nor bug so asking somebody to stop doing it just isn't right. The best way to solve this problem is hunting down such a guy (juts as You did); this way he will find his style of play ineffective and stop surfing.

imo

Deleted User
March 23, 2005, 3:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistYou're both whiners. Get the hell over it and learn to deal with the guns people choose.

Pro gameplayers should know that by now :|

Deleted User
March 25, 2005, 12:53 am
just don't read what people type............. just kill them.

Karvinen
March 25, 2005, 11:42 am
quote:Originally posted by shykeI see all your points but when they call me names like that for getting serial kills with my Minigun in a heavily populated server, I just change to my knife and kill him repeatedly until they leave because most people will leave when they get hit with a knife and die that way four or five times.
Minigun + heavily populated server = BIG LAG and false cheat detections.

MercyM
March 25, 2005, 11:47 am
Amen.

Icarius
March 25, 2005, 4:29 pm
/mute all.

Ivan0
March 25, 2005, 11:52 pm
Know whats more sad than that? People opening their trap holes after beating you. I can understand newbs being so amazed at your mastery that they just have to point it out. But when you obliterate someone of much lesser skill, often using some sort of a trick or even a bug (barret through walls anyone?), thats just not cool.

Icarius
March 26, 2005, 9:07 am
Eh? Beating cheaters then [IMAGE]ting all over them is the reason for playing this game.
I beat someone using a speed hack and air-law hacks and belittled the dude for it.

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 9:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Icarius/mute all.
Indeed, pal. ;)

Deleted User
March 27, 2005, 3:43 am
It's not all that bad.Most people i play with on the public servers
don't whine or [IMAGE] all that much.In fact i was fighting this guy with a
barret and he capped me midair, i said nice shot and he was all like thanks.
Maybe i'm just lucky not to get any whiners.

Elemental
March 27, 2005, 5:13 am
well, some people give off a nice atmosphere..somehow..
But others, lol, i once saw a guy with the name "I owned joo noob"..with a name like that, you're bound to be yelled at

Lt. Sneezy
March 27, 2005, 5:22 am
Most people don't whine. They're too busy playing to whine. The forums are where people whine.

Elephant_Hunter
March 27, 2005, 5:27 am
quote:Originally posted by KazukiI completely agree with you. The sad truth is that what you talk about can't be applied. People are people, and that's the whole story.

Why, just today I was 'playing' with a fellow named GHANDI. All he did was Mini-surf. This is when I come in. I ask him to stop, and he ignores me. I ask him a second time, and he says that he doesn't care what people think and that he doesn't care if he's being annoying. At this point, he's starting to get me frustrated, because my M79 practice is going by too fast. This is when I tell him to stop, more commanding-like. He calls me a 'nub' and so-forth. He continues on to say that he's owning me because of his score. He had scored twice already, and his score was 56. This gets on my nerves, and I confront him with the fact that he only has 6 kills, and that scoring twice while minisurfing is nothing to brag about, therefore he is owning nothing. Then he says that he is also beating me in kills, which was not true. I had 16 and he had 6 (56- 50). He retorts by saying that I need to learn how to count. Eventually, this turns into an argument, and he uses crap logic like "I am so much better than you, just look at the scores." At this point I decide to annoy him because of the way he's acting. I kill him and tell him that he sucks, and that I'm better than he is. He starts to use terms like "moron, b*tch, and nub." In the end, I remained calm and annoyed the hell out of him. He eventually stopped responding and left when I continued to hunt him down.

So what's my point? You can't be nice to everyone. No matter how good of a person you are, there are always exceptions.

Kazuki... I think you kinda missed what we were talking about. "Minisurfing" is just like "camping" and "spawning" in that it's a contrived definition to scare people from using intelligent tactics. Did you forget the great success Ghandi had with nonviolent protest? Or was that another Ghandi? Regardless, CTF is based on capping the flag, not the number of kills you have. If I didn't know better I'd label you a "stat whore" (somebody who doesn't help the team, but just kills for his own points.) That would of course be contrary to what I am trying to explain.

Unless you have constructive thoughts and/or a point to what you are saying, it's probably not really worth listening to. Where have all the people who used to say "gg" gone?

Elemental
March 27, 2005, 5:55 am
omg omg, i know ghandi..Oh man, its so like him to be a fag XD

Kazuki
March 27, 2005, 7:07 am
Elephant Hunter, I'm nothing like a stat whore. I'm a huge whiner, but not a stat whore. I appreciate you repeating the fact that CTF is indeed based on capturing the flag. <_< However, that's almost like me saying that Soldat was created for the purpose of having fun, blasting the hell out of each other and such. My point there being that even though minigun surfing is a "tactic," it gets most of the people in the server thinking "Oh, yay, you scored, you're so skilled. -_- Thanks, asshole." Spawnkilling is a "tactic" as well, isn't it? Everyone looks down on it though. I will side with you on the thought that camping is indeed a tactic. I don't know why it's so frowned upon. I personally don't have that big of a problem with it. However, spawnkilling and minigun surfing serve practically no other purpose but to make the game better for yourself and screw it up for everyone else. Spawnkilling - wow, you're getting kills. Look at them rack up! Minigun surfing - yay, you can score! Your total score is a multiple of 25, congratulations! While this is happening, most other people are groaning and thinking about going to a different server.

Oi, why am I even trying? Just screw it. Forget I mentioned anything. This will just be retorted to normally and it will turn this thread into a minigun thread.

Edit: quote:Originally posted by Elementalwell, some people give off a nice atmosphere..somehow..
But others, lol, i once saw a guy with the name "I owned joo noob"..with a name like that, you're bound to be yelled at

Haha, I remember that guy. He was really annoying. I hate people like that. They just tend to keep going on about how "they ownzor joor clan!!~~!@@!" and how you're "a fuxing nub" because you killed them (WHICH IS THE OBJECT OF THE GAME!)

Icarius
March 27, 2005, 1:34 pm
All things are tactics and they have work-arounds. Some depend on sheer fluke, some depend on skill. Everyone just [IMAGE]es at Spawnkilling and Minigun Surfing because they've been targeted as the two most annoying things in Soldat.

Problems with spawnkilling:
1) Good players have learned that holding the jet button down and floating before spawn, increases survival chance
2) Some players will find it thier sole mission in life to kick your ass if you do it to them a lot...
3) Arguing can occur when others get really pissy they can't play...

Problems with Minigun Surfing:
1) Doing it too high (to try and climb around the maps, in say.... inf maps...) can often cause a little drop in frame rate for everyone around you....
2) It's reserved for people who are too lazy to use m79 and just general movement tech's...
3) It's totally useless to everyone else....
4) Being hit by bullets often when using the speed boost causes you to take damage harder.... it's like using the Spas on someone when your dropping quite fast, you take a lot more damage off them...

Ok, so yeah, people will whine cause of these things, but seriously, if you start kicking up an arguement with people, or you really don't want to read the chat...
MUTE PEOPLE

WTF its not like stabbing your best friend in the back by blocking them on MSN or something, just mute people if you don't want to listen to them :/

Droopy
March 28, 2005, 12:56 pm
Just ignore them, they'll get pissed off even more. If someone tries to kick you, you'll at least be satisfied with the fact that most people are idiots and you're not one of them.

It's just a game, real life counts.