( search forums )
true line-of-sight
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
March 20, 2005, 7:52 am
simple suggestion: you know how like in reaslitc mode if your not looking at him you can't see him? well, i want to improve the way that u can't see wahts behind u. well, "realistically", u CAN see 180 vision, but u see it in the direction ur looking at...what i mean is that right now, if ur body is facign left, u see everything to ur left...and if ur right, u see right... i want to make it so that u see like 180degrees (or maybe just 150) in the direction ur "looking" at. this means that u see 180 degrees from where ur cursor it! so that way, if u look straight up (and a lil to the left) u don't see the entire left, but rather everything above u.

EDIT:
sry bout those lil mistakes.

Keron Cyst
March 20, 2005, 4:27 pm
I personally think that what you're suggesting isn't needed, partially 'cuz it's not that much more realistic, and partially 'cuz practically no one seems to even play Realistic Mode.

About that semi-off-topic note: if you don't want people to say they hate it, they'll just say they don't like it :-P

Hanz
March 20, 2005, 5:41 pm
The idea sounds to be logical, but there is no need for it, like Keron said. The way it is now serves its purpose, its not necessary to change it now, not when the game type is too underplayed.

Deleted User
March 20, 2005, 9:50 pm
agreed but would be cool

Jaz
March 20, 2005, 10:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by kafer101agreed but would be cool

for about a minute

Cowzilla
March 20, 2005, 10:53 pm
It would add to the realism, but unless your frantically looking around you or are sniping in a tunnel it would be impractical.

zyxstand
March 21, 2005, 1:19 am
well, cuz the problem is that whenever i wanna see someone above me i can only see one half at a time. so if u look up with this new feature, u'd see everything above...i know it's underplayed but i think it should still be implemented.

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 8:32 pm
i'd play realistic mode if anybody played it, it stops people from spraying and praying unlike stupid cs where people who spray and pray are on the top of the scoreboard